Proposal: Minnesota - Ottawa Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
:wild
Brady Tkachuk

:sens
Matt Boldy

Tkachuk is the better player currently and plays the way Guerin wants this team to play.

Boldy is 1-2 years younger, signed longer and has a lower cap hit.

Both are stud wingers. Could there be a swap to be made here?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Boldy might be younger but Tkachuk isn't exactly 30 years old. Hes around the same age as the rest of Ottawa's core group. Boldy also hasn't proved hes as good of a player.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Wild fan who would rather have Boldy. The way he plays the game is very appealing to me. I find his creativity extremely engaging. I also think he is continuing to progress extremely well and has room to become a very elite player in the league.

I like Brady a lot, I would love to have him on the Wild… but I would not make this trade for the Wild.

Reactions: NHL1674

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Boldy might be younger but Tkachuk isn't exactly 30 years old. Hes around the same age as the rest of Ottawa's core group. Boldy also hasn't proved hes as good of a player.
I speciifcally said 1-2 years younger in the OP... so in no way did I imply that Tkachuk is near 30 years old.

I also said that Tkachuk is better in the OP, but Boldy's contract being a lower AAV and longer bridges the gap in value. But if you want to go down the rabbit hole, Boldy had a better point per game this year than Tkachuk. Tkachuk had more goals. Boldy more assists. Tkachuk significantly more penalty minutes due to his heavier playstyle. They are very comparable players IMO.

UED

May 2, 2021
I would never in a million years trade Tkachuk unless what I get back is incredibly special and there's no other way to get it

Reactions: Sens9292

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
There is minimal difference in value between Tkachuk and Boldy.

I'm not a huge fan of Tkachuk, but he holds more value than Boldy. I'd be happy to agree with you that their positive impact on the ice is close, but Tkachuk is a rare breed. And NHL GMs are suckers for truculence. His value is definitely higher, even if his value on the ice isn't.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
It's not a crazy proposal but Wild would have to add for the intangibles I think. I dislike that whole family but they're def BG type players so I can see him being very interested if ever it were proposed IRL.
Personally I think Boldy is going to end up in Ek-like value territory with this contract but that's a lot of optimism on my party and nothing a Sens fan should bank on. I wouldn't do it from a MIN pov because I like the longer term left on Boldy and think his production will accelerate.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
It's not a crazy proposal but Wild would have to add for the intangibles I think. I dislike that whole family but they're def BG type players so I can see him being very interested if ever it were proposed IRL.
Personally I think Boldy is going to end up in Ek-like value territory with this contract but that's a lot of optimism on my party and nothing a Sens fan should bank on. I wouldn't do it from a MIN pov because I like the longer term left on Boldy and think his production will accelerate.

Kind of where I'm at. Extra 2 years and cheaper caphit are pretty valuable. When their production is pretty close.

Faber is going to cost a ton, Kaprizov is gonna get even more expensive assuming we can keep him.

His contract is under market now, and will only get more valuable.

Reactions: rynryn

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
First off, this deal would probably only happen if Tkachuk makes it known that he wants a change of scenery. Otherwise, OTT has no need to do this, and MN doesn't need to overpay to get Tkachuk(i.e. Boldy + 13th, or Boldy + Rossi) . If that is the situation, OTT could do a lot worse. Boldy is signed for 6 more years at 7M. I think MN needs to add a bit.

Reactions: MNRube

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Boldy + #13 you mean ?
Still not particularly interesting.

Boldy is great but as far as great players go, his style is the one we have most in abundance and need the least. There might not be a better player available than Boldy, in fact that's a reasonable assumption to make, but a lesser player who fills more of a need would still be more appealing.
First off, this deal would probably only happen if Tkachuk makes it known that he wants a change of scenery. Otherwise, OTT has no need to do this, and MN doesn't need to overpay to get Tkachuk(i.e. Boldy + 13th, or Boldy + Rossi) . If that is the situation, OTT could do a lot worse. Boldy is signed for 6 more years at 7M. I think MN needs to add a bit.
All fair & well reasoned, but you can remove the "probably" from your first sentence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad