GDT: "Minimalist" - Oilers @ Flyers - 5PM MST - SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
For a yotes game? Yeesh. Have fun with that. I remember going to a minnesota wild game with my dad years back and it was just dreadful boredom.

:laugh: I know, but I can't argue against the guys. It's a Saturday evening and that's the only available time we can get 8 of us together

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
ice-hockey-team.jpg

:yo::yo::yo::handclap::handclap::handclap:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
:laugh: I know, but I can't argue against the guys. It's a Saturday evening and that's the only available time we can get 8 of us together

Haha, that's completely understandable. Hope RNH will be ready and they actually beat the coyotes for once. If there's one team that always had their ways with the oilers, its always been them and their goddamn trap system.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Haha, that's completely understandable. Hope RNH will be ready and they actually beat the coyotes for once. If there's one team that always had their ways with the oilers, its always been them and their goddamn trap system.

I can beat you both. Try a midweek Oilers home game against the Devils as part of a stag party.

Nothing like being gooned off of 9 dollar Rexall beers during the second period on a Tuesday night.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW

This years Yotes are different if you get the lead on them. Then they have to open it up and some of their games have been actually really entertaining. But if they get up by a couple, zzzzzzzzz.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I can beat you both. Try a midweek Oilers home game against the Devils as part of a stag party.

Nothing like being gooned off of 9 dollar Rexall beers during the second period on a Tuesday night.

Any game that involves a trap system lures me to sleep. Especially if I know the oilers are playing one, because they lose to one majority of the time. It'll be a low scoring game with plenty of icings and offsides which is utterly dreadful to watch.

Weirdly enough, the games I've been to have been nothing but fire. Scrivens shutout against the sharks, Yak's celly against the kings with Gagner winning it in OT, and Eberle's first NHL goal against the flames. :laugh:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
This years Yotes are different if you get the lead on them. Then they have to open it up and some of their games have been actually really entertaining. But if they get up by a couple, zzzzzzzzz.

We rarely see the oilers get a lead anyways and when they do, you still feel uneasy knowing they've been capable of pissing 2-3 goal leads to other teams.
And that's how a trap pretty much works, go by a couple and trap the remaining game out.

That's how the ducks started to win again when they were slumping heavily in the early season. Trapped against the flames, oilers, and nucks with a 1 goal lead I believe. Boring.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Any game that involves a trap system lures me to sleep. Especially if I know the oilers are playing one, because they lose to one majority of the time. It'll be a low scoring game with plenty of icings and offsides which is utterly dreadful to watch.

Weirdly enough, the games I've been to have been nothing but fire. Scrivens shutout against the sharks, Yak's celly against the kings with Gagner winning it in OT, and Eberle's first NHL goal against the flames. :laugh:

At some point in the first period I think there were 6 icings in a row off of faceoffs. It was that kind of game.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
At some point in the first period I think there were 6 icings in a row off of faceoffs. It was that kind of game.

The wild game I went to was just extremely quiet in Rexall. Fans were talking to each other rather than watch the game. :laugh:

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
You're forgetting that there are 5 games between now and then. Plenty of time for someone to get hurt.

Drai's turn to go down I think.

Then all of our top 6 centers will have been injured this year.

Sekera is bound to go down at some point before we get klef back too.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
After reading some comments here I jumped over to the Flyers boards and they are a bunch of unhappy campers about a silly rookie of the month award. One would think McDavid personally kicked their dogs reading some of the posts.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Gotta be a lotta under-25s on these boards. Poor things. They don't know what they missed out on.:D

Yeah, I remember getting that game Christmas morning.

I was disappointed, Maroon and Yak should probably be switched on the image, but it was just something I searched for online, I don't have time to fix it (I'm a creative director, that stuff bugs me, hah).

Jun 9, 2011
After reading some comments here I jumped over to the Flyers boards and they are a bunch of unhappy campers about a silly rookie of the month award. One would think McDavid personally kicked their dogs reading some of the posts.
Their kid broke some records, our kid got a lot of points, so I understand and I think we might feel the same way. Haven't we been there? Yak wins the rookie scoring and doesn't get a nomination. Someone makes a call and it doesn't always make sense.

So tonight we see :ghost2:! Hope we get a good game with more than one guy contributing. Really excited to see Maroon and another look at the other new guys. Plus Yak (on his off wing, but oh well) with McDavid.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
We're just making all our sacrifices to the hockey gods in one season... We'll have excellent health and luck the next 10 seasons after this one for putting it all(bad luck/injuries) in one year *knocks on wood*

Edit:
In reply to the drai getting injured comment

Tazer19

May 24, 2012
I didn't know people actually cared that much about "rookie of the month" it means absolutely nothing. who gives a ****

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013

They are camping AND have dogs? Sounds awesome.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Ghost broke some records so i see their anger.

However McDavid goes from being broken to having a 5 point game his first outing after months. And then proceeds to dominate for a while.

Both are very impressive but i think McDavids injury factor is what put him ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad