Value of: Mini Rangers Firesale

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Drury isn't a good enough prospect to warrant the Rangers trading away a young Top 6 F AND taking on a cap dump for. CAR needs to add.

The problem with Liljegren is that he'd be at best the 5th best RHD in the Rangers system, behind Fox, Trouba, DeAngelo, and Lundkvst. Probably 6th best behind Schneider too. Adding him really doesn't do much for the Rangers, especially in a trade for a 1C

Fair enough. The problem for us is that Zibanejad is a 3C, behind Matthews and Tavares, which is why it's not a good fit for either team. He'd have to play on the wing in Toronto.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Drury isn't a good enough prospect to warrant the Rangers trading away a young Top 6 F AND taking on a cap dump for. CAR needs to add.

The problem with Liljegren is that he'd be at best the 5th best RHD in the Rangers system, behind Fox, Trouba, DeAngelo, and Lundkvst. Probably 6th best behind Schneider too. Adding him really doesn't do much for the Rangers, especially in a trade for a 1C

Why are you including TDA? Gorton said he's not playing for the Rangers again.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I would rather get a demonstrable overpayment in futures than an underpayment in win now assets, unless said assets check off certain boxes and fit us to a t.

If ya wanna be sure to not be giving Zib away, I'm with you.

If this is a return to win now, then you're on your own.

Winning strategy is build, build, build w/good futures into good assets into excess for which at the end you can have 1 or 2 key splurge deals to get over the top.

They’re not going backwards. If they trade Zibanejad, NHL talent will be coming in return.

The only way Zibanejad is traded for future is if the Rangers get Eichel beforehand.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
On the bright side, maybe Zibanejad continues to have a down season, and we can sign him for less next season before his contract ends.

He's been much better the last few games. Could have easily had 3 goals 2 games ago. If the return is all futures, we rather wait it out. He's over used in my opinion. Pk, pp, ever situation the coach finds himself in he is tossing out Zibanejad. He's taken 1 more dzone faceoff than ozone. Another center to play against top lines is what we need more than trading Zibanejad.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Buch and Strome seem like best candidates to move. Kreider and Trouba won't find many takers in today's salary cap. Zibanejad probably not available. And the rest don't have a ton of value.

I also like Tyler Wall (G) and Karl Henriksson (C) as sneaky good buys from NYR.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
What this team NEEDS is an actual experienced 2C. We aren't ever trading Zibanejad unless absolutely necessary. Also I wouldn't be surprised if we move Kravtsov/Lundkvist in a package for an actual good 2C, problem is trying to find who is available in the market at a decent reasonable price. Which is why we might just wait for free agency

In the next 1-2 years this team will make a BIG trade, at least one, to acquire a big name player that would truly turn us into a cup contender. This team doesn't need help on the blueline anymore with Miller and Fox being a stable 1-2 in our top 4 much to the effect of Werenski/Jones in CBJ. This team also needs to focus on getting a player to be in our bottom 6 who's won a cup. The NYR have nobody on this roster who's been there and won it all so expect them to make a move for someone like that in the next year or so.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
What this team NEEDS is an actual experienced 2C. We aren't ever trading Zibanejad unless absolutely necessary. Also I wouldn't be surprised if we move Kravtsov/Lundkvist in a package for an actual good 2C, problem is trying to find who is available in the market at a decent reasonable price. Which is why we might just wait for free agency

In the next 1-2 years this team will make a BIG trade, at least one, to acquire a big name player that would truly turn us into a cup contender. This team doesn't need help on the blueline anymore with Miller and Fox being a stable 1-2 in our top 4 much to the effect of Werenski/Jones in CBJ. This team also needs to focus on getting a player to be in our bottom 6 who's won a cup. The NYR have nobody on this roster who's been there and won it all so expect them to make a move for someone like that in the next year or so.

A big trade for a big-name center who has won cups...

Sounds like they would go for....Jonathan Toews, Sidney Crosby, Anze Kopitar.

Reactions: AirGut

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Mini firesale?
tumblr_otjofd1jTA1sc0ffqo5_540.gifv

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Our young studs (Laf, Kakko, Fox, K'Andre Lindgren, Chytil), big time prospects (Kravtsov, Lundkvist), Panarin and Igor are off-limits.

Names available:

Zibanejad
Buchnevich
Smith
Kreider
Trouba
Jack Johnson (form an orderly queue)
Strome
Howden
DeAngelo (obviously)
Georgiev

But wasn't Zibanejad a stud 1c??? Why are you getting rid of him!!

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
A big trade for a big-name center who has won cups...

Sounds like they would go for....Jonathan Toews, Sidney Crosby, Anze Kopitar.
Mhm that's exactly what I'm thinking. Just all depends on the opportunities presented in the next couple years. Certain players that aren't even on my mind at the moment might suddenly become available and the NYR should be in on em. I also think getting someone like Toews/Crosby would benefit this team and locker room a lot better than someone like Eichel or Barkov. To win the cup you need that presence surrounding everyone else.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Mhm that's exactly what I'm thinking. Just all depends on the opportunities presented in the next couple years. Certain players that aren't even on my mind at the moment might suddenly become available and the NYR should be in on em. I also think getting someone like Toews/Crosby would benefit this team and locker room a lot better than someone like Eichel or Barkov. To win the cup you need that presence surrounding everyone else.

Wonder how available Toews is these days. Could be interesting fit.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Our young studs (Laf, Kakko, Fox, K'Andre Lindgren, Chytil), big time prospects (Kravtsov, Lundkvist), Panarin and Igor are off-limits.

Names available:

Zibanejad
Buchnevich
Smith
Kreider
Trouba
Strome
Howden
DeAngelo (obviously)
Georgiev
mini?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Names available:

Zibanejad
Buchnevich
Smith
Kreider
Trouba
Strome
Howden
DeAngelo (obviously)
Georgiev
Selling low in Zibanejad. What could go wrong?

#PANIC!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Lemieux available?

Montreal might be interested in Buchnevich.

Zibanejiad for sure, but figured I'd go a slightly different route.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
This seems a tad premature. I thought they played very well against Boston. Could’ve won both games.

Get a 2c and an ice surface that isn’t a gravel road to play on and they’d be fine.

Reactions: wintersej

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
They’re not going backwards. If they trade Zibanejad, NHL talent will be coming in return.

The only way Zibanejad is traded for future is if the Rangers get Eichel beforehand.

That's funny. To get Eichel you'd be rebuiding again just like the Sabres would

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad