Value of: Mini Rangers Firesale

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Rangers are the youngest team in the league and trying to learn a new defensive system

It’s going to take time so they won’t panic

only names I see going are Strome , Howden , Smith

Georgiev will be protected in expansion and then maybe traded in the offseason period

DeAngelo obviously is gone eventually but they won’t get much

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I think two 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd (essentially what that deal amounts to) is about as high as I'd be willing to go. Especially when you consider that Robertson would be a mid-to-high first in a re-draft, making it more like three 1sts and a 3rd, for a single year of retention.

If you need more than that it probably isn't a good match and I'm happy to move on.

You’re not getting Mika Zibanejad basically for futures. Stop.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Give me an example of a deal from Philly that you would accept for:
Zibanejad
Krieder
Trouba
Strome

For Zibanejad, Morgan Frost would have to be included in any deal. If you want Kreider and Trouba, it depends on if you're willing to absorb the full salary. Strome you can have for cheap.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Our young studs (Laf, Kakko, Fox, K'Andre Lindgren, Chytil), big time prospects (Kravtsov, Lundkvist), Panarin and Igor are off-limits.

Names available:

Zibanejad
Buchnevich
Smith
Kreider
Trouba
Jack Johnson (form an orderly queue)
Strome
Howden
DeAngelo (obviously)
Georgiev

this ^ is largely the group I have been advocating repurposing their value so we get down to a core.

Welcome to the club.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Buchnevich for Jack Drury + Ryan Dzingel

Drury has been one of the best Center prospects in Europe this year on the top team in the SHL.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’d love Georgiev in SJ but doubt we have the assets to get him.

Issue is no one knows about Sharks prospects so if I say a name like Blichfield, Letunov, etc. people on this board are going to claim they are worthless and the Sharks offer would be like a 3rd and a prospect.

Although it is plausible a contender has a late season injury and needs a rental, even if overpay, which = Geo for a late first, as a more likely scenario he gets mid ish 2nd + a good prospect.

You should be able to step up for that.
Or possibly SJ, NY can both add in a package. Maybe.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Give me an example of a deal from Philly that you would accept for:
Zibanejad
Krieder
Trouba
Strome

Kreider not likely to go.
Zib might waive if he has incentive, which means he must think IF he is comfortable w/experience after he tries it, it is a an option for a final big $ contract. He may or may not already have a good idea but I can see he waives to a contender.

Trouba controls his NMC for like 2 mo yrs, he goes nowhere.

Strome just give us best offer on full market value, = 2nd + good prospect.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'll take a shot at Mika Zibanejad to slide over to the wing...

To New York
Nick Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
2021 1st round pick
2022 3rd round pick

To Toronto
Mika Zibanejad (50% retained)

If 50% is being retained, you’re going to have to do better than this.

I think two 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd (essentially what that deal amounts to) is about as high as I'd be willing to go. Especially when you consider that Robertson would be a mid-to-high first in a re-draft, making it more like three 1sts and a 3rd, for a single year of retention.

If you need more than that it probably isn't a good match and I'm happy to move on.

A slightly improved offer here gets you in the ballpark.
Whether or not that is enuf to be final winning bid is something else.

Every trade offer I see with TML involves them trying to sell off Lilljigren. NYR are also stacked with D prospects.

Robertson is promising.
The 1st is good, but meh considering it’ll be a late 1st.
Saying this is 3 first rounders is a little disingenuous.
I would think NYR could do better especially if retaining.

Generally concur, but while mindful of what Lilij has actually shown to date, he could still retain signif value even if he is flipped for a dif asset.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You’re not getting Mika Zibanejad basically for futures. Stop.

I would rather get a demonstrable overpayment in futures than an underpayment in win now assets, unless said assets check off certain boxes and fit us to a t.

If ya wanna be sure to not be giving Zib away, I'm with you.

If this is a return to win now, then you're on your own.

Winning strategy is build, build, build w/good futures into good assets into excess for which at the end you can have 1 or 2 key splurge deals to get over the top.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Selling low on Zibanejad would be a very bad idea

Agreed, obviously.
So is waiting too long.

btw, I'm waiting to see what Zib wants if he stays w/us....
will he do short term for small raise or want max term and top top dollar?

Pleasant surprise or unpleasant reality to that which we now have to face, that should shape our response.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Rangers aren’t trading Mika. Krieder and trouba control their own fate for now.
You’ll get a good return for buch.
Geo you’ll something decent.
Strome you’ll have to retain or take another overpriced but decent player back.
Howden nothing much.
Smith & Johnson are useless

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers aren’t trading Mika. Krieder and trouba control their own fate for now.
Agree

You’ll get a good return for buch.
Agree

Geo you’ll something decent.
Agree

Strome you’ll have to retain or take another overpriced but decent player back.
probably

Howden nothing much.
underrated and we would keep him most scenarios after trading others

Smith & Johnson are useless
captain obvious award

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Every trade offer I see with TML involves them trying to sell off Lilljigren. NYR are also stacked with D prospects.

Robertson is promising.

The 1st is good, but meh considering it’ll be a late 1st.

Saying this is 3 first rounders is a little disingenuous.

I would think NYR could do better especially if retaining.

Nobody is trying to dumb Liljegren. He's been the best defenseman on the Marlies and is NHL ready now. The problem is that his projected spot in the top 4 was taken when Justin Holl was extended for cheap and started playing at such a high level... Becayse of that, he's become an assett a lot of fans are ok moving, to help us upgrade elsewhere. The presence of Sandin and the emergence of Niemela, coupled with the addition of Lehtonen has made that an easier transition as well.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
No. Drury is the interesting piece. Dzingel is a cap dump. NYR can improve Dzingel and then squeak a 2nd out of him at the trade deadline.

Drury isn't a good enough prospect to warrant the Rangers trading away a young Top 6 F AND taking on a cap dump for. CAR needs to add.

Nobody is trying to dumb Liljegren. He's been the best defenseman on the Marlies and is NHL ready now. The problem is that his projected spot in the top 4 was taken when Justin Holl was extended for cheap and started playing at such a high level... Becayse of that, he's become an assett a lot of fans are ok moving, to help us upgrade elsewhere. The presence of Sandin and the emergence of Niemela, coupled with the addition of Lehtonen has made that an easier transition as well.

The problem with Liljegren is that he'd be at best the 5th best RHD in the Rangers system, behind Fox, Trouba, DeAngelo, and Lundkvst. Probably 6th best behind Schneider too. Adding him really doesn't do much for the Rangers, especially in a trade for a 1C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad