Proposal: Min - Edm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This isn't a legitimate rumor.

Prefix has been changed.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Add haula probably.

Just get rid of pouliot. Good player but too expensive for the wild.

I don't think it makes sense for edm to trade another forward nor do I think mn should trade for a center after signing staal. Should be revisited a month or so into the season

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Chia wants to keep his centre men. I don't see EDM trading anther 6 mil player, Dumba is a bottom pairing dman with a shot that is it

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Sorry, but I don't get the Oilers supposed fascination with Dumba.

The only thing that would make this trade entertaining would be the Wild re-acquiring Pouliot after most of their fans ridiculed the Oilers for signing him to that contract. :laugh:

P.S. I'm not a fan of Pouliot's contract either.

What are you talking about? It's wilds fascination with Nugent Hopkins that's in play here. They've been targeting him for months.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
What are you talking about? It's wilds fascination with Nugent Hopkins that's in play here. They've been targeting him for months.

If they have been talking about a deal involving RNH and Dumba then that means the Oilers have an interest in Dumba too. That's the part I don't get.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Chia wants to keep his centre men. I don't see EDM trading anther 6 mil player, Dumba is a bottom pairing dman with a shot that is it

Well, there's this little thing called skating that Dumba does quite well. And offense. And physicality. But you're right, as a 21 yo Dman that is all he'll ever be.:shakehead

I get that RNH and Dumba don't have the same value, but generalizing( and doing a bad job of it)about a young Dman and his ceiling is pretty silly.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Post expansion draft - yes.

Anything before... means Oilers will lose that 4th D-man they trade for.

It also means we lose the 5th top-4 D-man we have on the roster (under the assumption that Dumba becomes one and we lose a defensemen at the expansion draft).

If this deal was going to happen, a Wild D-man for RNH, it likely would have happened at the draft.

That it hasn't happened by now very likely means it won't. Especially with us having signed Staal, and apparently signed him to play center. We already have 3 top-9 centermen. That would mean one going back to Edmonton, which doesn't make a lot of sense for the Wild. We don't really know what we have in Haula so trading him would seem odd, Koivu has a NMC, and signing Staal just to trade him would be stupid.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Old news.

Russo reported this in July after the Staal signing. We signed Staal because Fletch didn't see the value in Nuge.

Canning this trade is good for MIN. Nuge is a lukewarm Granlund upgrade when MIN needs a point per game franchise cornerstone.

Next 2 years: Staal at 3mil > Nuge at 6mil. 3rd year might be tough.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I read this article earlier. I highly doubt a deal gets done. Zucker is a big downgrade from Pouliot although he's younger. I don't see it happening without another serious piece being added.

Yeah, as someone who's watched both, that's just flat out incorrect.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yeah, as someone who's watched both, that's just flat out incorrect.

As someone who's seen both as recently as last season, I'll have to disagree with you there.

As for the 'rumor', Dumba would require Expansion Draft protection which means paying top dollar for a guy who's essentially a 5th D at this point in his career would make zero sense.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Add Huala and I consider it. The Oilers would be downgrading on both players, and if I recall correctly Zucker is a better winger than center. Plus I don't think the Wild can take on this much salary.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
If the deal was RNH for Haula and Dumba, which we would accept as oilers fans thee we would have to go 8 and 1 in the expansion draft to protect our D-men.

Larsson, Klefbom,Sekera, Dumba, Draisatl, Lucic, Eberle, Yakupov/maroon/Haula.

leaving Davidson, Reinhart and one of Yakupov, Haula and Maroon available to be picked.

That is fine as we have to lose something good, midas well make the choice harder for Vegas for that one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad