Proposal: Miller to TOR (again)

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Timmy is hard. The rest is pretty easy.

Wouldn't mind flipping pick years. It's important we get our boos in the first round. It is Montreal after all.

What do I add if I want to switch Timmy with Dermott?

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
Timmy is hard. The rest is pretty easy.

Wouldn't mind flipping pick years. It's important we get our boos in the first round. It is Montreal after all.

What do I add if I want to switch Timmy with Dermott?

I don't think Vancouver will take Dermott but they'll accept Liljegren.

RIELLY---BRODIE
SANDIN---SCHENN
HOLL---LYABUSHKIN

when Muzzin comes back:

RIELLY---BRODIE
MUZZIN---SCHENN
SANDIN---LYABUSHKIN
HOLL

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I don't think Vancouver will take Dermott but they'll accept Liljegren.

RIELLY---BRODIE
SANDIN---SCHENN
HOLL---LYABUSHKIN

when Muzzin comes back:

RIELLY---BRODIE
MUZZIN---SCHENN
SANDIN---LYABUSHKIN
HOLL

Schenn is at best a 6th dman and worst than lyubushkin and holl...

Its a hard pass for leafs. At this price, its by far better choice to go for a rental player

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
To VAN:
Nick Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
Pierre Engvall
Topi Niemelä
Ty Voit
1st round pick 2022
2nd round pick 2023

To TOR:
J.T. Miller
Luke Schenn
So a 1st, 2 of our best prospects, a young RHD, a roster player, another prospect and a second? All that for 1.5 years of Miller and Schenn? I mean for real?

This doesn't even take 2 seconds to pass on...

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Massive over payment. Miller is good, but not worth that much. That's basically four 1st rounders with how good those players/prospects are.

1st
Robertson, would very likely go top 15 in a re-draft
Niemela would easily go in the first round in a re-draft
Liljegren is a recent 1st rounder and has been a good D-man for us. Not quite NHL ready but he's a young player that is expected.

Way too much for Miller, and for a position we don't need. We could much rather use those assets and easily add a guy like Chychrun which actually addresses a major hole on our roster.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Massive over payment. Miller is good, but not worth that much. That's basically four 1st rounders with how good those players/prospects are.

1st
Robertson, would very likely go top 15 in a re-draft
Niemela would easily go in the first round in a re-draft
Liljegren is a recent 1st rounder and has been a good D-man for us. Not quite NHL ready but he's a young player that is expected.

Way too much for Miller, and for a position we don't need. We could much rather use those assets and easily add a guy like Chychrun which actually addresses a major hole on our roster.

3 of those guys being 1st round calibre prospects is debatable at best. Why hasn't Robertson cracked the roster in his draft+3 season if he's a top 15 calibre player?

In addition to 2 playoff runs of a versatile first line player signed for 5.25 million, they get 2 playoff runs of a right shot bottom pair defenseman signed for the league minimum. Both of these players overperform their contracts by a significant amount.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
3 of those guys being 1st round calibre prospects is debatable at best. Why hasn't Robertson cracked the roster in his draft+3 season if he's a top 15 calibre player?

In addition to 2 playoff runs of a versatile first line player signed for 5.25 million, they get 2 playoff runs of a right shot bottom pair defenseman signed for the league minimum. Both of these players overperform their contracts by a significant amount.

No, it's really not. Liljegren was a 1st round pick, Niemela is one of the best D prospects in the world right now and Robertson has just been injured, but has been phenomenal since his draft year. Absolutely destroyed the OHL in his D1 and is nearly ppg in the AHL, he just can't seem to stay healthy.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
No, it's really not. Liljegren was a 1st round pick, Niemela is one of the best D prospects in the world right now and Robertson has just been injured, but has been phenomenal since his draft year. Absolutely destroyed the OHL in his D1 and is nearly ppg in the AHL, he just can't seem to stay healthy.
So would someone really spend a top 15 pick on a guy that couldn't stay healthy? I mean, I don't care how good he plays at the lower levels if he can't stay in the line up.

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Feels heavy from Toronto but if they're going for it, this would solve 2 of their 3 main issues.
If it doesn't work out, they can still move one of Miller or Nylander to recoup some assets if it comes to it.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
First of all, Liljegren shouldn't be in any trade for Miller. Even if you took him out of this deal your valuation is insane.

Easy, easy pass. If this is even close to what it takes for Miller I'd much rather go for a superior player in FF09 or even Hertl at a rental cost.

THAT'S the hill you're gonna die on? Really?...

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
The offer op made is definitely an overpayment but the evaluation that there’s 4 1sts in there is very flawed.

so my question to you is if the fact the liljegren was a 1st round pick 4 years ago makes him worth a 1st now, why is it the players drafted outside the 1st improve their value but players drafted in the 1st not hurt their value and no longer be worth a 1st?

would you trade a 1st for olli juolevi? After all he was a 5th ovr pick just 1 yr before liljegren was a mid 1st. The only explanation provided for the valuation was they are former 1st round picks after all.

your evaluations are way off base overall like Robertson being a top 15 pick in a redraft. He’d be lucky to crack even the top 25. He has a case for 25 onwards but as you mentioned due to his injury history likely would be an early 2nd rounder

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam

virtanen was a 1st

not a way to assess current value at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad