Speculation: Mikko Rantanen

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I saw a tweet and I can't find it now since I don't use Twitter it was talking about a new Rantanen extension.

UFA age 28
Back to back 100 point seasons. Incredible player at C or Wing.

Does 12 million x 8 years get it done for him?
Is he waiting for Draisaitl to be done then he shaves a tad off?

Share some AVV expectations. We know he's getting a full NMC and NTC.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I saw a tweet and I can't find it now since I don't use Twitter it was talking about a new Rantanen extension.

UFA age 28
Back to back 100 point seasons. Incredible player at C or Wing.

Does 12 million x 8 years get it done for him?
Is he waiting for Draisaitl to be done then he shaves a tad off?

Share some AVV expectations. We know he's getting a full NMC and NTC.
Somewhere between 12M - 12.6M. He's not making more than MacKinnon.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
If he wants to milk the Avs (or whoever) dry, all he has to do is wait until Marner signs for whatever ridiculous overpayment hes bound to get, and justifiably ask for $1-2m more since Rantanen is the better player.

But yea I feel like 8y 12m/y is the easy answer here

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If it gets done this summer... I'm thinking 8x$12M-12.5M.

But honestly I don't think it gets done anytime soon. He would easily get $13-14M as a UFA and he's shown to chase the money in the past as well. I dont think he signs early for a discount and I don't think the Avs are gonna give him $13+ this summer either.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Anything under $12M is a discount. I’m predicting 8 years/$96M.
I think right at 12 would be where he fits probably, I wonder if the Avs have any sort of internal rule of "Not more than Mack" or something. If he settles for 10m to get term, Avs win that one easily.

I miss Capfriendly, can't figure out a damned thing now for what the Cap could look like for the Avs in the next year or so for cap space, etc.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Rantanen cheats the game constantly. Very very talented player but his defensive game is a joke. Long spells where he doesn't bring enough compete.

12 would be my max that's already too much with him.
I think maybe you're letting the Avs beating up on the Flames cloud your judgement.

I think the funniest article I read about Rantanen was by this Canes bloke back in 2015 (the infamous draft Boston f***ed up royally on), I had to really look for it but I found it - https://bleacherreport.com/articles...en-as-possible-carolina-hurricanes-draft-pick

WTF is "North Carolina Culture?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad