Speculation: Mikko Rantanen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
If I were a betting man, I would say:
- Landeskog doesn't make a return sadly
- Nuke comes back mid-November, plays well, and the team trades him next summer when his NMC changes to a 12-team NTC June 15
- Mikko re-signs for 12mx8 year .
In your scenario case Colorado will not be a cup contender this year.
they can't count on Nichushkin 2 years in a row he had problem.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Rantanen is not worth more than Marner. Mackinnon is hard carrying him, without Mack Rantanen is scoring 75 points. I'd much rather have Marner. He would be scoring 120 points with Mack.

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Rantanen is not worth more than Marner. Mackinnon is hard carrying him, without Mack Rantanen is scoring 75 points. I'd much rather have Marner. He would be scoring 120 points with Mack.
How about in the playoffs though? There are 4 active players in the top-10 of playoff PPG all-time. McDavid at #3, Draisaitl at #5, MacKinnon at #6 and Rantanen at #8.

Let's also not pretend that Marner is playing with some scrubs either. MacKinnon is the second best forward in the league, but Matthews isn't too bad either. If you think Marner is better (or deserves more) that's fine, we all have our opinions. But I can guarantee you that outside of Toronto, 90% of the people would pick Rantanen over Marner. Actually, probably even the majority in Toronto would do that considering how Marner is perceived there these days.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marner ends up getting more than Rantanen though. Either Toronto will extend him, and he's bound to get a raise, or someone will back the truck for him in free agency. Meanwhile the Avs are trying to squeeze Rantanen at least under MacKinnon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad