Mike Hoffman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I see top 6 potential in Hoffman, and I think the organization probably sees the same. He's extremely fast, probably the quickest player on the team outside of EK. His speed alone makes him a threat to score. On top of his skating he has a great shot, very quick hands and good vision/playmaking skills. Everything you want in scorer really. I've heard negative remarks about his hockey sense, but I don't really see it.

RKL makes some good points. Guy was a top player in the AHL this year and was a top player in the QMJHL as well. I bet if we give this kid time to adjust he'll be a player for us.

He kind of reminds me of Mason Raymond early in his career, Raymond be far more hyped as a 2nd rnd pick though.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, we desperately need speed and skill. If he can't stick this year at age 24 with everything we're missing among the forwards, I seriously doubt he'll get another opportunity.

I hope he makes it, I really do. But, I think the odds are getting worse for him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well, we desperately need speed and skill. If he can't stick this year at age 24 with everything we're missing among the forwards, I seriously doubt he'll get another opportunity.

I hope he makes it, I really do. But, I think the odds are getting worse for him.

I like his speed and scoring potential. I hope the Sens give him time to adjust to the NHL size and speed levels as I think he could be a dynamic player for them. Based on a quick look at his stats history, he seems to be a scorer with some playmaking ability, but he is not the elite playmaker type (does not have significantly more assists than goals) like Spezza is. I hope he finds some chemistry with Zibanejad, Legwand or Turris next year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hoffman seems to be a slow starter everywhere he has been but eventually becomes a dynamic player. While he showed a great deal of speed & skill in his 20 some games last yr, he didn't put up the pts most thought he would. Hoffman needs to get off to a good start this season & transition his game to the NHL & put up pts. There are just too many other guys waiting in the wings to replace him starting with Puempel.

CanadianGuest

Jul 14, 2012
Ontario
He kind of reminds me of Mason Raymond early in his career, Raymond be far more hyped as a 2nd rnd pick though.

Is Mike Hoffman the next Mason Raymond?

Are you predicting that he'll break his back in game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals too? Up till then, Raymond was a promising player.

I spent a lot of time finding someone that Hoffman reminded me of, and here you posted it before I did, and I didn't notice it, lol.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hoffman really can become a Patrick Kane super light. He wont be top end, but he is that skilled player that will defs help out, and he can be clutch as ****.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
For real that's actually a really good comparison for Hoff if he br8ks out. Strong puck possession, good shot and solid puckhandling.

Obviously Kane has many skills that Hoff doesn't like the best puckhandling in the league, superb vision and extreme clutch-ness, but Hoff has that sick speed and gr8 shot.

Kane super super lite.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
The Hoff is nothing more than another young gun trying to make the show. The sens have had their share of failed prospects who couldn't rise to the occasion. He hasn't proven anything yet. He has to grasp this opportunity because he may not get another.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
The Hoff is nothing more than another young gun trying to make the show. The sens have had their share of failed prospects who couldn't rise to the occasion. He hasn't proven anything yet. He has to grasp this opportunity because he may not get another.

The difference between Hoffman and other young guns is his acceleration and his range. He can blast one timers in from distance, and can beat defencemen wide on a rush. Pretty rare combination; most NHL players can do neither well, if not one.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The thing I like about Hoffman is he's so good at everything. He just needs to put it all together.

He's top 5 in our organization in terms of speed.
He's top 5 in our organization in terms is stick handling.
He's top 5 in our organization in terms of his release.

I don't know if that's more telling of his skill or of our lack of skill.

If he can put it all together he can be a late blooming 1st/2nd line winger or he can never make the NHL permanently. It all depends on if his noggin can put it all together at the NHL level.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
The thing I like about Hoffman is he's so good at everything. He just needs to put it all together.

He's top 5 in our organization in terms of speed.
He's top 5 in our organization in terms is stick handling.
He's top 5 in our organization in terms of his release.

I don't know if that's more telling of his skill or of our lack of skill.

If he can put it all together he can be a late blooming 1st/2nd line winger or he can never make the NHL permanently. It all depends on if his noggin can put it all together at the NHL level.

He is really putting the work in this summer. Guy knows this is his last shot at multi million dollar career.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
That penalty shot attempt really pissed me off.

He's a fringe NHLer. Enough of the hot dog ******** and just fire one.

Pretty sure he did the same thing in a pre season game in Winnipeg a few weeks back.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Hoffman's start to his career reminds me of Martin Havlat back in the day. Speed, shot, tenacity. Be nice if he stays healthy and works out at that level.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
In all serious though. I see a kessel lite. With more of a ferocious back check. With good linemates that open up space for him and a powerplay built around his one timer there's no reason this kid can't be a 25 goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad