Confirmed with Link: Mikael Granlund for a 2nd Round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He'll be better here than Nashville. Apparently he's their highest ice time forward. But still...
That says as much about Hynes as it does Granlund, but it’s encouraging.

I think the plan is spread the offense across 3 lines. Couldn’t do that before. But this is another guy that’ll probably get destroyed in the playoffs.

Reactions: Andy99

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I retained hope because Hex has been pretty good at trading wrt. value.
Even now I am kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Just immensely difficult to see how a GM can look at our team and cap situation now and going forward, what we seem short on in terms of threatening in the playoffs, and then do that. How does this begin to make sense? The only thing he couldn't do was to straddle that fence between present and future. Then he chooses to impale himself on it ass to mouth.

Gutted.

Reactions: Sorry

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'm just kind of indifferent about this move. I would rather not give up a second rounder, but I don't think we're done. I'll make my final judgment on the matter after 3:00 p.m. on friday. I think there's another move or two that could take place. I want to wait until all the dust settles before I want to jump off a bridge like you guys.

I think there will be another move, especially with DeSmith.

I'm also okay with this. But I wish Granlund was a little bit cheaper.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
The Pens have been interested in Granlund for a few years now. Thing is we traded for a 3C in Granlund but instead of getting rid of Carter, got rid of Teddy. Completely boneheaded moves. Is Carter going to be the fourth line center?

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Sure glad he made his significant move, definitely pushing us over the top to make the playoffs and it only costed us a 2nd round pick and 4 roster players(3 on waivers) and $5million for another 2 years AFTER this one.

Man it's really going to be a pleasure to watch Sid finish out his contract with Granlund by his side.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think there will be another move, especially with DeSmith.

I'm also okay with this. But I wish Granlund was a little bit cheaper.
Yeah if he was 3 ml per I feel a lot better about it to be honest. I'm just looking more into the numbers and everything now. I think it's a bit of an overpayment. But again I want to wait until Friday at 3:00 p.m. maybe even 20 minutes after. But yeah 5 million little bit rich

badi

Jan 21, 2008
The Pens have been interested in Granlund for a few years now. Thing is we traded for a 3C in Granlund but instead of getting rid of Carter, got rid of Teddy. Completely boneheaded moves. Is Carter going to be the fourth line center?
Granlund played a lot on the wings in Nashville

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I was always interested with Grandlund...... If it somehow gets Carter out of the lineup and gives a shot to Puus or Nylander.... That would be a lot better than what I have been forced to watch this winter.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Word is Granlund and Zucker played well together in Minnesota. I know Sullivan would be physically ill if he couldn’t play Rust in the top six, but what if you had Zucker-Geno-Granlund as L2 and something like Heinen-Carter-Rust as L3? Sure isn’t perfect but better than McGinn-Carter-Kapanen as L3.

Reactions: dogthateats

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I'm not a fan of this deal.

The only bright side could be Granlund and Poehling as our 3C and 4C.

Or have the ability to swap Granlund/Rust.

Hopefully Hextall isn't done wheeling and dealing.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Can he play RW? Replacing Rust on L2 is the only move that makes some sense but given Sullisma's love for Rust...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Word is Granlund and Zucker played well together in Minnesota. I know Sullivan would be physically ill if he couldn’t play Rust in the top six, but what if you had Zucker-Geno-Granlund as L2 and something like Heinen-Carter-Rust as L3? Sure isn’t perfect but better than McGinn-Carter-Kapanen as L3.
Nothing is better with Carter playing 3C lol

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Anti climatic, but I'll reserve judgement until he gets a couple games under his belt here first, He isn't petrified going to the net regularly which will be a nice thing to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad