Value of: Mika Zibanejad

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
The Rangers will need to free up cap space in the coming years, and I'm not certain trading Trouba and letting Lindgren walk next summer will be sufficient. Thank you, Igor. What teams would be interested in Zibanejad? And since he has a NMC, what teams would interest Zibanejad?

Anaheim seems like a good landing spot off the top of my head.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
The Rangers will need to free up cap space in the coming years, and I'm not certain trading Trouba and letting Lindgren walk next summer will be sufficient. Thank you, Igor. What teams would be interested in Zibanejad? And since he has a NMC, what teams would interest Zibanejad?

Anaheim has Carlsson/Mctavish/Zegras at center. If they're in the market for anything it's a Kreider type winger.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

ana not a fit to them or zib

EDIT ADD: Not sure peeps got this first time:
Leafs -> Matthews = incentive for Zib to waive
or
Kings -> replaces Kopitar soon [Byfield to nyr] = incentive for Zib to waive

both deals Shesty goes

Last edited:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

He'd absolutely be an upgrade, but Anaheim won't spend the assets required to get him. He's 31 years old, signed until 37 and the Ducks will need the money by then (if enough young guys prove they're worth it). Ducks probably won't trade for any older players with more than 2 years left on their contract if they make big money.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Wait... what? Are you saying Zibanejad and Shesterkin for Matthews?
no, I just added edit to clarify

OP asked what would incline zib to consider to waive
playing w/AM = incentive to waive to TOR

as to LA
Kopitar still solid but Father Time.... so he'd be poised to be considered for 1C there fairly soon

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Not that he’d waive or that he’s a fit for their salary structure, but he’d be a great fit as the Jets 2nd line center.

Very good team with the need for an upgrade at that position.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

He has to waive his NMC.

So Lightning, Panthers, Golden Knights and Stars Utah.

That's my list of teams he'd waive to I think.

Reactions: Guyute

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
He has an NMC, and you think Anaheim makes sense? Why? He'd have more clubs ahead of them, I'd think.
LA is a nice city. He can continue to DJ. He can mentor fellow Swede Leo Carlsson. Former line mate Frank Vatrano said he’s the most underrated player in the league. The Ducks have tons of young talent but needs veteran leadership and a defensive-minded center. There are a lot of reasons he would be interested.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He seems like he's lazy at times, but what is it about him that a lot of Ranger fans seem.. uneasy ? Don't view him as a player that has, or should have a future with the Rangers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad