When are we going to be honest with ourselves about how bad Kyle Dubas is?

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
What is his “strength” exactly?
No idea. I said I can't judge him with Sullivan still here. It's the idea that Dubas is somehow to blame for the Penguins current situation that I'm pushing back on. I will say that the bottom six he put together this year is solid and certainly not the problem with the team right now. They've given up under the current coach who seems to still think it's 2017.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Leafs are supposed to make a 180 shift in one season when 60% of their cap is locked up with bad contracts? This is dumber than the Shero and Rutherford comparison. I would like you to find the part where I champion Treliving as some saviour.

The Penguins are where they are on the pecking order in Pittsburgh, and the Leafs are where they are in Toronto. It's a different scenario altogether. People in Toronto care a tad bit more, you folks out there already forgot Rutherford and Shero's contributions to your franchise.

You're like @Hockey4Lyfe, throwing out irrelevant crap and then not addressing it.
You're right the Pens are where they are in the pecking order (5 cups) and the Leafs...

Not changing any time soon either with the loser mentality everyone in Toronto has from the fans to players to media to management.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
You're right the Pens are where they are in the pecking order (5 cups) and the Leafs...

Not changing any time soon either with the loser mentality everyone in Toronto has from the fans to players to media to management.

Confirmed with Link: You cant read.

As expected. This whole time you haven't addressed a single point and have tried to throw little potshots. You didn't even read any of the thread. You just came in running with your cape on to defend your hero. You spent money on this site just so you could write this crap. Next time save your money and buy Hooked on Phonics.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Hey guys why don't the Penguins fans talk about their team more? Is it because they're small potatoes in their own city and people would rather talk about other things? Enquiring minds want to know.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
The Karlsson trade is fine. People are acting like he gave up some prize assets. Nah.

The first round pick was the only thing of value. The players were cap dumps. And the Sharks retained.

The real problem is that the Pittsburgh core is too old and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Dubas was given orders from ownership to try to keep them competitive. It’s obvious now they aren’t and can’t be.

The pens need to do a creative retool this offseason like the caps did.
Strongly agree with this. Not saying KD did a great job in PIT, but that hand was dealt a long time ago and Karlsson didn't change the trajectory.

Don't think a retool is in the works like the Caps because the core guys in PIT are relatively healthy unlike Backstrom and Oshie.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Confirmed with Link: You cant read.

As expected. This whole time you haven't addressed a single point and have tried to throw little potshots. You didn't even read any of the thread. You just came in running with your cape on to defend your hero. You spent money on this site just so you could write this crap. Next time save your money and buy Hooked on Phonics.
Yep kd is definitely my hero. Pens fans worship him. Just read our board.

Also there's no points to address. This thread is just butthurt Leafs fans upset that Dubas didn't get them a cup. Loser fan base.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Well with all the success they've had since Hextall left, you can see why they think he was the problem.

Honestly the fact is all pens fan point to the coach. Sullivan has the most power of any coach in the league. The only good move for a penguins GM is to fire him. We are on the third GM for the same coach. Has that ever happened in this league before?

Reactions: Duffy13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad