Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Do you even understand that chart? It was Shots For / 60....not goal production. So maybe those two with Fast generate 1 or 2 more shots per 60 minutes, but Zuccarello is gonna produce more goals and points the things that matter.
More shot production will eventaully lead to more points.
Besides thats not the point the point is that zuc isnt the reason for the production zbad and kreider would be doing this without him. If anything its the other way around.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
More shot production will eventaully lead to more points.

Except it hasn't and no it won't because I don't think you understand the stats you are quoting. I just did some simple math but it would be about 9-10 games to for the KZF line to achieve a 1-2 shot differential on the KZZ line. 1-2 more shots and it will take 10 games to give you that minor differential. Zucc's playmaking and vision is a lot more valuable playing with those 2 vs the minimal increase in shot volume, as his point and assist totals reflect.

Zib's hat-trick goal last night is a perfect representation of this. Fast probably wouldn't have seen that play develop and/or be able to make that pass. Simple.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Fast contribution in top 6 the recent years is very limited @Rangers743 and it`s not true this year in comparison to Zucc. Brassard has two record seasons with Zucc on his line and he has played for both Ottawa and with elite talents in Crosby & Malkin at least on the same team. :)

And if Vesey & Fast is our top 6 next year - I don`t really looking forward to that so I hope Jeff G. keep our current top talents, because we have a top 6 talent depth issues which explain Fast usage in top 6 recently. He can play there, but don`t expect a huge offensive impact.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Zucc has nothing to do with this... He's getting carried.. It's obvious he doesn't help a player like Zibanejad score goals.

It can't be that the 3 work together well.. It must be a zero-sum game. All 3 can't benefit from eachother

Last edited:

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
We all know Kreider drives the play... That's not the argument. The Kreider Zibs Zucc lne works well..

eMm1rZB.png
Zibanejad w/o Kreider is wild. Also, KZZ have always been a great line, even back in 16-17.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
Fast contribution in top 6 the recent years is very limited @Rangers743 and it`s not true this year in comparison to Zucc. Brassard has two record seasons with Zucc on his line and he has played for both Ottawa and with elite talents in Crosby & Malkin at least on the same team. :)

And if Vesey & Fast is our top 6 next year - I don`t really looking forward to that so I hope Jeff G. keep our current top talents, because we have a top 6 talent depth issues which explain Fast usage in top 6 recently. He can play there, but don`t expect a huge offensive impact.
I agree that Zuc is a better then fast but Zuc isnt the reason zibs and kreider have been scoring. They’d be just fine without em

Reactions: Ori

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Zucc has nothing to do with this... He's getting carried.. It's obvious he doesn't help a player like Zibanejad score goals.

It can't be that the 3 work together well.. It must be a zero-sum game. All 3 can't benefit from eachother

Gotta love these sample sizes.

How about his games before this during his “resurgence?”

Reactions: Rangers743

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I like Jesper Fast as a player as well, because u can use him on most lines and he is doing very well and he always give 120% effort and work hard for his team and line m8`s.

Anyway it will be interesting year and season for Mika and I hope he can have a successful season.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Gotta love these sample sizes.

How about his games before this during his “resurgence?”

I`m sure Loffen can give u sample size of 9 seasons @ZuccsFluffierFluffer - I know his youtube. I think he is done with the topic and so should you - we all know Zucc has struggled this season, because he has been a Rangers for his whole career. It`s like if you move to a new location after x amount of years in New York - it can affect you as a player the whole thought process of relocating to a new location & Franchise with trade rumors so it make sense and it`s human reaction.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I agree that Zuc is a better then fast but Zuc isnt the reason zibs and kreider have been scoring. They’d be just fine without em

Perhaps that's what you want to think, but the reality is somewhat different...

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah, he clearly led the team in scoring four times because of other guys. Gotta love perspective.

Fantastic, what does that have to do with him RIGHT NOW?

Outside of last nights game, his production during his resurgence has mostly (not entirely, but mostly) been secondary assists and fluky or just flat out crappy goals. Zibanejad meanwhile has been straight fire for a bit now- He hasn't impacted that much at all. Attributing Zibanejad's up tick in goal production of late to Zucc is foolish, unless we're talking about last night's game where he clearly made a difference.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
Except it hasn't and no it won't because I don't think you understand the stats you are quoting. I just did some simple math but it would be about 9-10 games to for the KZF line to achieve a 1-2 shot differential on the KZZ line. 1-2 more shots and it will take 10 games to give you that minor differential. Zucc's playmaking and vision is a lot more valuable playing with those 2 vs the minimal increase in shot volume, as his point and assist totals reflect.

Zib's hat-trick goal last night is a perfect representation of this. Fast probably wouldn't have seen that play develop and/or be able to make that pass. Simple.
I dont think you understand the point im making. Im not arguing whose better between Fast and Zuc but that it doesnt matter who they’re playing with Mika and Kreider will produce. Meanwhile this has not been true for Zuc this season. To say Zuc is the reason Mika and Kreider are producing is wrong theyd be fine without him

Last edited:

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Fantastic, what does that have to do with him RIGHT NOW?

Outside of last nights game, his production during his resurgence has mostly (not entirely, but mostly) been secondary assists and fluky or just flat out crappy goals. Zibanejad meanwhile has been straight fire for a bit now- He hasn't impacted that much at all. Attributing Zibanejad's up tick in goal production of late to Zucc is foolish, unless we're talking about last night's game where he clearly made a difference.

11 points in 5 games and it's all fluky and crappy. Got it.

Zibanejad talks glowingly about Zuccarello all the time. As does his coach. I get it. You want him gone and don't like what he brings to the table. I humbly disagree with your opinion.

Reactions: Webster

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Mostly Fluky and crappy.

He's now averaging .75 PPG, above his career average of .68, and your asking what he's doing RIGHT NOW. It's almost comical.

He had more ice time than any Ranger last night because Quinn clearly admires the fluke and crap.

I don't know, dude. It just doesn't line up. I'll give you that he had a rough time in the middle of these 50ish games and certainly wasn't playing as well as he's capable of. He was the driving force behind last night's win. The coach saw it. I saw it. You apparently missed it. He's been solid for weeks now and, really, you should be happy because you can't wait to get rid of the guy and it's only increasing his value.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He's now averaging .75 PPG, above his career average of .68, and your asking what he's doing RIGHT NOW. It's almost comical.

He had more ice time than any Ranger last night because Quinn clearly admires the fluke and crap.

I don't know, dude. It just doesn't line up. I'll give you that he had a rough time in the middle of these 50ish games and certainly wasn't playing as well as he's capable of. He was the driving force behind last night's win. The coach saw it. I saw it. You apparently missed it. He's been solid for weeks now and, really, you should be happy because you can't wait to get rid of the guy and it's only increasing his value.

No I saw it, I've only mentioned it in here a bazillion times.

His P/GP is inflated by the lack of games played and mooching off of Zibanejad's HAM streak.

He's been okay since crying to management and was great last night. Don't get it twisted, I'd rather he play well and return more but I also believe in honestly assessing a situation, which is the issue I had with @duhmetreE.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

His P/GP is inflated by the lack of games played and mooching off of Zibanejad's HAM streak.

He's been okay since crying to management and was great last night. Don't get it twisted, I'd rather he play well and return more but I also believe in honestly assessing a situation, which is the issue I had with @duhmetreE.

They make each other better - whether you want to acknowledge that or not. I'm sure Zibanejad would.

Reactions: Ori

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
They make each other better - whether you want to acknowledge that or not. I'm sure Zibanejad would.

As opposed to throwing most of the other dead weights on the team on that line? For sure.

Zibanejad has been great all year though. It's not like he was struggling all year and started to pick it up a few weeks ago when being grouped with the teams best forwards, that was Zuccarello.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

It obviously helped, since he turned it around after that meeting and plays the best game of his career.

I'm sure you'd like to be a fly on the wall there and hear what they told him..

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
As opposed to throwing most of the other dead weights on the team on that line? For sure.

Zibanejad has been great all year though. It's not like he was struggling all year and started to pick it up a few weeks ago when being grouped with the teams best forwards, that was Zuccarello.

Except that Zuccarello is one of the "team's best forwards", something which you, and possibly only you, won't acknowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad