Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad [Warning Post #3]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Jeff Gorton do a Stepan deal with Zib to the top 5 bottom teams for their 1st in the summer trade window at the draft day - more likely, Hawks, LA, Devils, Ottawa, Detroit, or Florida.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Jeff Gorton do a Stepan deal with Zib to the top 5 bottom teams for their 1st in the summer trade window at the draft day - more likely, Hawks, LA, Devils, Ottawa, Detroit, or Florida.

What?

I don’t think any of those teams trade a top 5 pick for Zib even if I think he’s playing awesome. What a weird request

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m aware he has a record season - he only need 4 pts until he set a record which is 51 pts. in his last Ottawa season back in 2015-16 season. It`s crazy to move him now - or anyone on our 1st line with how they produce recently.
But I also know his injury history and I`m kind of worried when Jeff G. talk about always getting younger - we will soon look like Buffalo when they started theirs years ago 56 pts. barely 5 pts. ahead of Rangers with top talents hit in previous drafts in the last 3-4 years of tanking.

I agree @Levitate we dont move anyone on that line now - it`s barely 8 points up to the Wildcard spot which is open for grab, because Panarin and CBJ really struggle recently and he dont carry his team at all. And Torts saying Bob in his last interview mention their goalie, or I had 1 line going tonight, and it`s embarrissing! Well it was Torts quote from that interview. :)

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I know where you're going with this, but Step then and Zib now are night and day from each other.

Yes in this season they are night/day differences based on his breakthrough season, and his current pace maybe Mika can hit 70 pts. end of the season. But I admit it took some years to get there for Mika so we will see.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Just realized Zibby has a higher PPG than Barzal this season
Barzal has 45 in 49 and Zib has 48 in 50
Barzal is obviously better going forward but it is interesting

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don't know if we truly grasp what a healthy Zibanejad is becoming/has become for us.
Nothing against conversations about Hayes, or our prospects, or even Chris Kreider, but Zibanejad has a chance to become the best center we've had in more than 20 years.

That`s why Rangers need a Jack Hughes kind of player in my opinion, but it`s difficult to end up with him in the draft - especially when we keep so many players in the summer window in 2018 and they start to get hot this time of the year as usual.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Yes in this season they are night/day differences based on his breakthrough season, and his current pace maybe Mika can hit 70 pts. end of the season. But I admit it took some years to get there for Mika so we will see.

No. It's not just this season.

Stepan was a high-priced ticket who was entering a NMC. He had a ton of wear and tear on the tires. And there was concern that he was on the downside of his career.

Zib is a player who is trending upward in production and is signed to a much friendlier term.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Just realized Zibby has a higher PPG than Barzal this season
Barzal has 45 in 49 and Zib has 48 in 50
Barzal is obviously better going forward but it is interesting

In consider Panarin has 57 pts. in 48 games for a left wing - it`s surprising that Mika don`t get more attention here. Yes I don`t think all experts in MSG Networks is aware how good season Mika is having right now. :)

Yes I agree with your last post @SingnBluesOnBroadway and I understand your reasoning - I thought u only thought about Mika total point production in his career so far. :nod:

Last edited:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I don't know if we truly grasp what a healthy Zibanejad is becoming/has become for us.

Nothing against conversations about Hayes, or our prospects, or even Chris Kreider, but Zibanejad has a chance to become the best center we've had in more than 20 years.

Which means we should definitely get a top five pick for him next year.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Or the Rangers keep him and Kreider to continue to set an example and take some of the pressure of the kids.

I`m glad that I`m not the GM, because there are some really difficult decisions for Jeff and about others pieces as well including our defense. We have still have our 1st pick in 2019 & the conditional pick 1st/2nd pick from Tampa and they can win this season for sure.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Goes to show what a playmaker like Zucc can do for Zibanejad.

Kreider-Zibs-Zucc is almost as synergistic as Kreider-Boo. They all compliment each other very well.

Reactions: Miamipuck and Ori

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Goes to show what a playmaker like Zucc can do for Zibanejad.

Kreider-Zibs-Zucc is almost as synergistic as Kreider-Boo. They all compliment each other very well.
Kreider and Zbad were just as effective with Fast as with Zuc

Reactions: jas

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Or the Rangers keep him and Kreider to continue to set an example and take some of the pressure of the kids.

You know that’s my stance on him. There’s a particular poster who keeps insisting we need to move him out for a top five pick.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Zibanejad has been producing all year.

If anything, it shows what Kreider and Zibanejad can do for Zucc.
That's a gray area. Zibanejad went dry when Kreider went with Hayes.

Kreider-Zibs-Zucc has produced more than any other combo. The bias and hatred for players is astounding. There's no objectivity

Can't just admit that it works well.. Somehow it will go against your 'Trade Zucc he sucks' mantra

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Kreider and Zbad were just as effective with Fast as with Zuc

tenor.gif

Zucc and Zib have contributed a point on the same goal 10 times at EV this year, Fast and Zib 5 times.

Zucc and Kreider 6 times. Fast and Kreider 3 times.

So no, that line isn't as productive with Jesper Fast on it.....

Reactions: Ori

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
That's a gray area. Zibanejad went dry when Kreider went with Hayes.

Kreider-Zibs-Zucc has produced more than any other combo. The bias and hatred for players is astounding. There's no objectivity

Can't just admit that it works well.. Somehow it will go against your 'Trade Zucc he sucks' mantra

Zibanejad's month by month production

10 pts in 12 games in October
11 in 14 in November
13 in 12 in December
14 in 12 in January.

Dry my ass.

Meanwhile, a certain someone else went from an offensive black hole to looking like an actual hockey player after being moved with Zibanejad and Kreider... But no, I'm sure that he's the key to Zibanejad's production, even dating back to the beginning of the season.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad