3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Eons better than what we watched. I love sam and dave together.
It's incredible to hear how good Sam is when he's away from Joe. Sam did a great job on the radio.

But seriously - have given Mika a lot of shit this season but he came out blasting today
As for myself, I officially apologize for getting on Mika's case during the season. He was saving himself for the season that really counts.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
IMG_20191127_225602.jpg

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
I like reading rival boards (peacefully, I don't post or react to their posts) but the Pens' one is my favorite so far. The Rangers were severely outclassed and outplayed in this game apparently.
The hysterical devils fans are also far, far from having even a mild relationship with reality. They're convinced that the Rangers are a bad team despite all discernible evidence to the contrary.

As far as the game, carolina is what it is and has been now for many seasons. The Rangers definitely have more to give and we need to see continuous improvement. I can't imagine that they're satisfied with that win.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I like reading rival boards (peacefully, I don't post or react to their posts) but the Pens' one is my favorite so far. The Rangers were severely outclassed and outplayed in this game apparently.

Omg, cAnes had X2 the offensive zone time omg, incredible, 9 more minutes of on ice 5v4 advantage and entire game worth of score effect and pressing in the final 3 minutes with the goalie pulled.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
I'm happy with that game. There were a lot of positives. Obviously special teams and for the most part, 5 on 5 was good. My biggest gripe was that when we were up 4-2, we passed up too many good shots and got to cute. And the refs were ass, again. If Rempe had tried what TDA got 2 minutes for, he'd be suspended for multiple games. Rempe gets 2 minutes for getting pushed into Andersen though.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
Nice win, felt in control for basically the whole game until the end and they held on. PP adjustments to counter the aggressive Canes PK was great, that's what you need to do draw them to you and make those quick passes and catch them out of sorts.

Igor looked a little rusty early but settled in. Look to see him more locked in on Tuesday.

Officiating was weird. Seemed like we went 2-2 on our PPs and the refs were like "ok, no more power plays for them that's not fair" because tons of stuff was let go and then Fox gets called for a chintzy slash and Trouba gets called for a crosscheck where he barely shoves the guy and he flops. And that Rempe call really should've been interference on Staal against Rempe, Rempe is outside the blue and the lane is there he's allowed to get to that ice and Staal shoved him into the goalie. If that's Panarin pushed onto the goalie, Staal gets called.
Really? Not sure that I felt we were in control. That game didn’t make me feel great….

But! 5 in a row with my gf and I’s game 1 LGR SHIRTS! Not washing em and wearing them every game until they lose.

Are we doomed to have the same people calling all the games? They were awful yesterday. Getting Cuylle and Mika mixed up? And the call on the Rangers first goal was laughably bad.
Yea. Sean Mcdonugh is a baseball announcer. Worst hockey announcer ive heard in 30 years of hockey. F u espn.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
Really? Not sure that I felt we were in control. That game didn’t make me feel great….

But! 5 in a row with my gf and I’s game 1 LGR SHIRTS! Not washing em and wearing them every game until they lose.

Yea. Sean Mcdonugh is a baseball announcer. Worst hockey announcer ive heard in 30 years of hockey. F u espn. Ferraro is not much better as a analyst.

Anyone wanna catch the game on Saturday with us? Open to ideas….
IMG_4504.jpeg

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
A Hurricanes turnover deep in their zone gave Zibanejad the puck all alone at the crease with just over a minute left in the first period. But Zibanejad, who got the puck on his forehand, backhanded a pass to Panarin, who couldn’t get off a shot.

“The puck was bouncing a little bit,” Zibanejad said. “I made the decision to try and get the goalie to freeze. I saw Bread [Panarin]. I don’t think he thought I was going to pass it to him. You could probably say I should have shot. I don’t care. This wasn’t my greatest decision if you look at it.”

Kreider chided the question by chiming in sarcastically, “You scored two; can you talk about the one you passed up?”

I love Kreider.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
this team just feels...........different

obviously the opponents have had something to do with it but not for one literal second this entire playoff series have I felt in danger. Not one. I feel like I knew it was over for Washington when Rempe scored and that it would be over in at most 5.

we sliced and diced the best PK in the league so bad on the PP that we got a combined, what, 26 seconds on it? that's what carried us to a win against Carolina last time. if we keep the PP up, this will be a short series.

PK is just f***ing otherworldly. Carolina went 0-5 with basically didly dick in terms of offense generation. It's been so so so good.

this is also one of the first Ranger teams i've seen that throws the first punch. they did it against a much, much tougher team in Washington and it's carried over to the bitch made losers in Carolina.

it's been mentioned here already but the 3rd line needs some serious props. they're not scoring but every shift they take is a heavy forecheck. Wennberg has really stepped up so far this series and Cuylle and Kakko are dominating the boards. That wears a team down over time.

it just feels...........different..................I think we're gonna be good baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad