OT: MIchigan Sports Thread: UM wins Natty Championship

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
The Hutchinson injury really breaks my heart. BTW DT Peko is out for the season too, he's had a good season so far too, imo. Can't win meaningful games without an at least average D-Line and no pass rush. Sad, I've had high hopes for this season.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And it was a freak play where his leg collided with his teammates.

Lions need something on the DL. What they have left is unlikely good enough to win the SB.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC to Chicago
IMG_5683.jpeg

Me watching the Hutch play.

Reactions: raymond23

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hopefully it's a shootout in Minnesota and the Raiders get crushed. Maxx in Honolulu Blue would be a beautiful thing THIS year, let alone next year opposite Hutch.
Both Garrett and Crosby do not have anymore guaranteed money on their contracts after this season.

That being said, it would also require any team with their rights to hand them both restructured contracts that pay them high $20's per season for at least 2 and for Maxx 3 years since he's 2 years younger than Garrett.

Garrett has an option that can become guaranteed if he is still on the roster by the 1st week of the new league year but at only $19 mill, but again, an elite player like that is going to look to get his deal redone and get that pushed up by several million.

Crosby's cap hit for 2024 (base salary is $1.35 mill per game). Garrett's is much lower (ala Cooper due to a restructure) at like $70K per game.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Both Garrett and Crosby do not have anymore guaranteed money on their contracts after this season.

That being said, it would also require any team with their rights to hand them both restructured contracts that pay them high $20's per season for at least 2 and for Maxx 3 years since he's 2 years younger than Garrett.

Garrett has an option that can become guaranteed if he is still on the roster by the 1st week of the new league year but at only $19 mill, but again, an elite player like that is going to look to get his deal redone and get that pushed up by several million.

Crosby's cap hit for 2024 (base salary is $1.35 mill per game). Garrett's is much lower (ala Cooper due to a restructure) at like $70K per game.
That's not the point. Either guy could be $50M AAV and I'd still do it. After the decades of historic ineptitude, Detroit is finally and officially in a window to win a Super Bowl. It's this season and maybe another year or two - after that they could blow up the entire roster for all I care, but RIGHT NOW is the time to pounce on an opportunity that might not come around again for who knows how long.

San Francisco, Baltimore, and even Kansas City look weaker this year than last year. Even if Hutchinson had never gotten hurt, I'd still want the Lions to do absolutely everything they could to become as big a prohibitive favorite as possible. It took over 60 years to get back here; win the damn championship and sort out the mess later.

EDIT: Haha, honestly, if the Lions did win a Super Bowl, you could probably have half a million people at the parade sign waivers that they'd pay $100 each to reimburse the team for their salary cap headaches.

Reactions: RabidBadger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad