OT: MIchigan Sports Thread: UM wins Natty Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Michigan and Tigers wins? Feeling pretty, pretty, pretty good.
Impressive win by Michigan, given their deficiencies, but those Tigers. Damn. This is the most fun baseball I’ve watched from the Tigers since, probably, the last time they were in the playoffs. This team has some damn spunk.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
that Flaherty trade return has been looking pretty good so far
Just having an average player in at shortstop instead of Baez has done wonders for this team. The fact that Sweeney is still young and could become something is even better. Liranzo being included in the trade is the cherry on top. That guy is mashing in the minors

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Just having an average player in at shortstop instead of Baez has done wonders for this team. The fact that Sweeney is still young and could become something is even better. Liranzo being included in the trade is the cherry on top. That guy is mashing in the minors
I did not like the return at the time, but I’ll admit, it’s turned out to be more promising than I thought. With Torkelson remaining a question mark, this Liranzo kid provides nice insurance at 1st.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I would have been satisfied with going .500 for this season. That was my goal prior to this season as I wasn't thinking about the playoffs. Though I acknowledge they had a chance.

By the deadline I was disappointed because I felt they should be better than what they were. Going .500 was still possible to me and they did the right thing at the deadline. Which is still true now. I was the victim of the Xfinity blackout as well. So I can't lie that I lost track until late August.

But I would be lying if saw everything that has happened since coming. It would stink if they ended up not making now. But I won't be disappointed if they don't. They have now met my expectations.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
This is....wild. I remember in the early 2000s / late 90s cutting out EVERY photo from the newspaper and taping it to my bedroom wall. We lost a billion games one of those seasons. I want to cry with this season. I really don't want my heart broken. Please.

Reactions: jaster

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Minnesota lost again so the Tigers can afford to lose one of their last 5 now and still make it in even if everyone else wins out

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Magic number is down to 4. We are in the midst of one of the most improbable runs in baseball we've seen in a long time. Not even a huge baseball fan but this has been fun to watch

They can now split the series with the rays and sweep the white sox to make it regardless of what the twins do. Very doable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad