Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Really happy. Watch at least 5 games of him. I had Greentree ahead but I had Hage at 20. Hage things to work on is consistency. And usage of his teamates better. Yet...I,ll use a great wizard words here...Filip Mesar....if Hage had better teamates....maybe he would have used them more. And working on his defensive game.

But the kid skates well. puck handling is elite. Shot and most definately being able to find a shot lane is elite. Really exciting offensive project to work on. Very good pick. At exactly the right place to pick him.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
For sure I'm happy with the draft.

I wonder if we would have been better off with Demidov and Connolly or Eiserman. I wonder more if we shouldn't have done what it would have taken to traded up a second time to go up one or two more spots.
I was thinking this when NYI were up.. like Hugo, just go give prospect+++ draft pick+++ just go up 1 spot and take EISERMAN!!! so close..

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
This is f***ing epic. Hage getting interviewed pre draft by a leaf media jock sniffer and he dunks on him with the it was 3-1 comment 🤣 kid was born to be a hab

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Needs to add some muscle then he'll be one hell of a prospect. I love his shots selection, especially his toe drag and his timing but I think he needs to work on his power. I don't think his shot's power is that great.

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Great skater with skill to go with it. But he tends to skate himself into about as much trouble as he skates himself out of. Not a terrible pick, and he seems like a really good kid, so hoping for the best for him.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Don't know much about him but nice stats in the USHL after being injured the previous year. Big improvement in one season which you love to see in prospects.

The sad story with his dad will only serve as extra motivation for the kid.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
I dont want to crush the party, but I dont think that the journalist had to ask this question… Asking a kid how your dead father would feel rn is a lil bit indiscreet to me…. Anyway Im happy with the pick
I think it's appropriate to ask him immediately after being picked, as they did in the little interview corner. I'd like to thank and commemorate my dad were I to achieve such a feat. The problem lies in the fact I've now seen multiple interviews where each time he's asked about his dad and it's played up as the really emotional part. Leave the kid alone at a certain point, but that would require propriety from the media.

Reactions: yianik

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Really happy. Watch at least 5 games of him. I had Greentree ahead but I had Hage at 20. Hage things to work on is consistency. And usage of his teamates better. Yet...I,ll use a great wizard words here...Filip Mesar....if Hage had better teamates....maybe he would have used them more. And working on his defensive game.

But the kid skates well. puck handling is elite. Shot and most definately being able to find a shot lane is elite. Really exciting offensive project to work on. Very good pick. At exactly the right place to pick him.
Between Mesar, Newhook and Hage they certainly have a type...

Fortunately, Hage isn't a smurf.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Don't you have a Euro match to prepare, CR7?
Don't reveal, it's a secret.
1528796246-8d10da62-2050-48ec-8603-769071e6beec.png

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Love this pick, I think Michael can fill Eller skates at least, and eventually can play the game like a bigger Plekanec.

He's a prototypical Habs center pick.

Was this meant as a compliment? Because during my tenure as a fan "prototypical Habs center pick" was synonymous with "bust".

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Was this meant as a compliment? Because during my tenure as a fan "prototypical Habs center pick" was synonymous with "bust".
Not sure what the other poster was getting at but Hage could very well end up on the wing in the NHL. Not sure where he'll play in Michigan. Not the most creative player or best vision but has blazing speed and very fluid skating technique. Has strong puck skills but needs work on his shot. Not a strong defensive player but that side of his game got better as the season went on. Lots to work with and he's a long-term project anyway. I'm guessing he'll play two years at Michigan unless he makes crazy progress as a freshman.

His play really came on in the 2nd half. His father's death and his return from injury undoubtedly would have hindered his 1st half. His trajectory is headed in the right direction and it will be fun to follow his development.

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
Not sure what the other poster was getting at but Hage could very well end up on the wing in the NHL. Not sure where he'll play in Michigan. Not the most creative player or best vision but has blazing speed and very fluid skating technique. Has strong puck skills but needs work on his shot. Not a strong defensive player but that side of his game got better as the season went on. Lots to work with and he's a long-term project anyway. I'm guessing he'll play two years at Michigan unless he makes crazy progress as a freshman.

His play really came on in the 2nd half. His father's death and his return from injury undoubtedly would have hindered his 1st half. His trajectory is headed in the right direction and it will be fun to follow his development.
From what you wrote, i see Newhook number 2

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Pretty obvious leafs or avs wanted him as they traded out of the first after we picked.

Seems to be a good enough pick, time will tell.

Reactions: CDN24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad