Prospect Info: [2024 - 21st] Michael Hage, Chicago Steel (USHL), Committed to U of Michigan

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I mean Celebrini and Fantilli did the exact same thing. I've never heard of that being an issue.

Celebrini and Fantili were the best player in the NCAA. They are not players TC could ignore. Hage will be a good player, but I don't think he's going to be in the conversation for the hobey baker.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Celebrini and Fantili were the best player in the NCAA. They are not players TC could ignore. Hage will be a good player, but I don't think he's going to be in the conversation for the hobey baker.

Ok, well, there's also Matthew Wood, Kent Johnson, Devon Levi, Alex Newhook, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Shane Bowers, Ian Mitchell, I can go on, but the point is Canadians have been taking the USHL/US-PREP/BCHL to NCAA route for decades. It's not new, and I've never heard of Team Canada ignoring anyone who was a 1st round draft pick. He'll get a summer invite.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yess! Really high offensive potential. I'm very happy with that selection.

This feels like a Guhle type pick but at C/F. Habs said that someone like Hage would typically be drafted earlier in a usual draft and Habs had him rated high on their list.

Skating, Skill, Physicality/Grit/Size all checks out.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Ok, well, there's also Matthew Wood, Kent Johnson, Devon Levi, Alex Newhook, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Shane Bowers, Ian Mitchell, I can go on, but the point is Canadians have been taking the USHL/US-PREP/BCHL to NCAA route for decades. It's not new, and I've never heard of Team Canada ignoring anyone who was a 1st round draft pick. He'll get a summer invite.
I don't remember who but I do remember a single instance of team Canada snubbing a very good prospect playing in the states. But this was before it was a common path like recent years. Actually it may have been Leblanc in his d+1. He was one of Canada's better players the next year.

But generally that's a Russian and American thing to snub guys based on where they play. Like scherbak and Brady vail from our own past. Not that either were amazing, but playing in the chl meant not even getting invited.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
But generally that's a Russian and American thing to snub guys based on where they play. Like scherbak and Brady vail from our own past. Not that either were amazing, but playing in the chl meant not even getting invited.
While the US does seem to favor players that come through the NTDP, I do recall a few players from the OHL team that used to reside here (Plymouth Whalers) who ended up playing for Team USA. Alex Nedeljkovic and AJ Jenks are two just off the top of my head.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
He isn't invited to the summer camp

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Hopefully he gets an invite, if not he’ll need a really good start next season to put his name out there. Even if he doesn’t make it, it’s not a big deal.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Nice. You see top 6 potential in him? I see more a winger than a C, do you agree?
I could see him sort of like Newhook. Capable of playing both, but in the top six is best as a winger. Different reasons for each player, but a similar level. Still, he has size and great puck handling. Everything is so structured in hockey, and the best teams are the ones who find ways to break those systems down, one way or another. I think the habs are on their way, collecting a lot of players who can create in transition and break down defenders one on one. As a whole, the forwards are going to be a great mix of talent who will make each other better.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad