Waived: Michael Del Zotto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Stats lie. He's not very good offensively or defensively.

He's not the Sens worst defenseman but DJ doesn't like him because he's not 6'5 and doesn't cross check enough.
In league that has made a point of calling cross checking this year, ok?

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Isn’t Durzi waiver exempt?
Durzi is waiver exempt, he can be directly sent to AHL without waivers.

Del Zotto is a LD but can play the right side, but at his salary I don’t believe Blake would claim Del Zotto, plus DZ has been very poor defensively not what LA should be looking for.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
When you think you pulled a 'big-brained' moved by signing a guy for top-6 dollars and expect him to be a top-4 guy, but in reality he's a 7th at best.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
2 weeks prior to UFA, OTT needed a middle 6 RW, a middle C an a #4 RHD...

they traded a RW (Dadonov) for a LHD, signed a LHD (who they are currently waiving) and acquired a LW/RW the off season... talk about knowing where the priorities are Dorion /Melnyk :facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Del Zotto looked absolutely brutal in both of Ottawa's games against LA this year. So brutal that I kept noticing how out of position he was, and how good he made the anemic Kings look. I know our defensive depth is a bit of an issue, but I want no part of him in LA.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
He broke out his rookie year the same year torts was hired, looked electric and almost got traded for stamkos (very interesting story actually, Sather and bolts GM agreed to it at the time but the owner vetod... damn), after that year he lived in chateau bow wow until he was moved for Klein in 2014.

There were stretches his first couple years where he looked like he was going to become a dominant defenseman. One of those players where he'd go through 10-game stretches where you were like "wow this guy is gonna be an all star" and just nothing ever came together for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad