OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
1) Name a song that takes you back to a place and time every time you hear it.

So many, but I’ll go with the theme song from
Grease. The movie was playing constantly at my friends house growing up.

2) When you were a child, what was your favourite TV show or movie?

When I was like 12 I liked reruns of Three’s Company. I’ve tried to watch it since and it’s unbearably unfunny.

3) Have you ever experienced severe weather, such as hurricane, witnessed a tornado, flooding, etc.

Hurricanes, yeah a few. Gloria; maybe Andrew too.

4) Do you meditate, do yoga, or something else to ease your body and mind? If not, what do you do to relax when the world gets stressful?

I used to do yoga and miss it. I had my first gummy experience last week. After a terrifying 15 minutes, I felt great. It was like a brain dump for anxious thoughts.

5) What was your first job and how old were you - how much were you paid?

I worked at Wendy’s for like 3 weeks when I was 15. So did two of my friends. We were shown this classic during our training/orientation.

Good luck. Just crash and drink a lot of fluids. Get Paxlovid if you can. Made a huge difference with my wife.
Thank you, I hope I can get that.

Reactions: caz16

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Some Friday questions for those who like to play along:

3) Have you ever experienced severe weather, such as hurricane, witnessed a tornado, flooding, etc.

4) Do you meditate, do yoga, or something else to ease your body and mind? If not, what do you do to relax when the world gets stressful?

1. Don't Take Your Guns to Town by Johnny Cash. My grandmother used to play that all the time and would remind me that that's what happens when you don't listen to your mother. LOL.
2. When I was really young, it was Speed Racer. Later on, it was Leave it to Beaver.
3. Multiple hurricanes, multiple tornados, and a wild fire.
4. I read or listen to music to relax. For the last couple of years, I've been using low-dose edibles as well. Works great.
5. Paperboy, delivering the Milwaukee Journal. Started when I was 12. We had to put it inside the screen door, too. None of that throwing it in the driveway bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: sooshii and caz16

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

1. These boots are made for walkin.
2. Brady Bunch
3. Hurricanes, tornadoes, flood, fire. Does that earthquake we just had count?
4. Something else.
5. McDonald’s $2.25/hr

Reactions: Ladyfan

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

there are so many. for some reason. torn from Creed sticks out. the summer of 98 it was on the radio constantly and that was yge summer i worked a 3-11pm shift at the post office plant and it was probably the most fun i had working a job ever. we would go out until 2am after work every night. and play public hockey or go boating until 2pm every day before work.

alot. i remember punky brewster and alf.
i think for movies it was superman

ice storm from 2008. every tree went down and no power for 12 days. and it was a cold 12 days. also remember hurricane gloria but im pretty sure power wasnt out for more than a day.

play sports. and if no sports take a gummie or 2

bottle return at julios liquors when i was 17. that was fun. you hsd to sort the returned cans by brewing company. then wrap the pallets.
and paper boy when i was 12

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Happy World Chocolate Day - it should really have its own thread but not everyone is a chocoholic, so I'll leave this here.

1720344801085.jpeg

1720344781797.jpeg

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Wedding song....I love the way You Love Me....John Michael Montgomery

Always made sure I was home for Happy Days, Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom.....and....Hee Haw (hey i was a country boy)

Just snow/ice storms, my son was born just before Hurricane Floyd (?) and didnt have power for days

Fishing.....and I need a trip...hopefully heading up to Maine for a few days of R&R....all alone

Working on farms....putting in hay....$4 hr (Mrs Whittaker made us lunch every day.....those spam sandwiches were meh, but her strawberry pie was amazing)
Got older, started milking too

First real job.....jr in high school at a grocery store.....$3.35 hr

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

1/2. Mickey Mouse song and TV show
3. Two hurricanes and one down burst
4. Take a nap or listen to my favorite music
5. Did babysitting, first real job was data entry - I think it paid 8 dollars an hour

Reactions: Ladyfan and caz16

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I'll just call tomorrow but curious if any of you have any experience with Hilton honors points. I racked up about 325k hiltons points thru a traveling position I had at work a few years ago, but of course time went by and they expired. According to their website I could recover all my points for $250usd. Worth it, not worth it? Meh?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1/2. Mickey Mouse song and TV show

If you grew up in Boston you KNEW these lyrics by heart

2002 I took a job in Chicago as I didn't like the direction NESN was going in and heard there was a bar near Wrigley Field that was Red Sox friendly. The first day I go there I give the bartender my card with the Red Sox logo..... he mumbles not another one.

He calls out to the person who vetted Bostonians and the first thing he said to me was...

Howdy there, folks, we're glad to meet you in
I passed :biglaugh:

Will passed in 2011 and I pulled some strings to get him honored at Fenway

1720426616782.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
With all the madness in the world right now, I just wanted to put this right here. It is true, if only people would realize how much a small act of kindness can have a ripple effect. I know we aren't allowed to talk about specific political and religious issues, so this is the closest I will get. Just remember:

1720431753431.jpeg

It's also National Chocolate with Almonds day! Another chocolate celebration!
1720433104765.jpeg

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Measured all the windows yesterday and purchased blinds. It’s a mix of cheap vinyl mini blinds and cheap faux wood 2 inch slats. 25 windows came to pennies shy of a grand. This is roughly double what it was 5 years ago when i last had to purchase a bunch of cheapo mini blinds

I am running out of funds at an incredible rate

• Wow
Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad