OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Marblehead to Boston was an hour, no matter what time of the day/week it was. Longest 16 miles ever. But once you got there it was great, everyone avoided it in the summer. Would highly recommend for people who will only work in Boston.

Not affordable but surprisingly less expensive than alot of towns that bring less to the table.
I worked in Downtown Crossing with a couple guys from Marblehead. They always had a much easier time getting in/out of the city than I did, and at least one of them complained about the home buying process being more expensive than it should've been.

I'm sure that house he bought 10 years ago is now 3x in value

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
MPB as well! 1983-89 so I caught the tail end of the nuns there. Great school though, it really taught me well and I remember it fondly.
I started in 1990 (maybe 1991) as a transfer. I had Sr. Charles Claire for 3rd grade until she got sick and then it was Sr. Marie Hill until we were graced with Miss Esposito to finish the year. That woman had no business teaching 3rd graders.

Reactions: Johnny Upton

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
In a nutshell...

A Boston Police officer named John O'Keefe was found dead outside the home of a fellow Boston Police officer following a night of drinking.

The Prosecution says that O'Keefe was run over by his girlfriend, Karen Read. Police "found" pieces of a broken taillight near the body, they have witnesses that claim they heard a distraught Read say "I hit him" multiple times, and they have voicemails left by Read where she is clearly pretty upset with O'Keefe.

The Defense claims that O'Keefe went into the house where he was involved in some sort of physical altercation, and then his body was dumped on the front lawn. They have experts who claim that O'Keefe's injuries are not consistent with being hit by a car, that O'Keefe had dog bites on his arm, and evidence that someone in the house Googled "How long to die in cold" hours before O'Keefe's body was discovered.

And then on top of that, the whole case was investigated by Massachusetts State Troopers who come across as shady, to put it mildly. There's a Federal Grand Jury that's believed to be looking into the police that conducted the investigation, and the lead investigator was relieved of his duties yesterday, hours after the judge declared a mistrial.

Oh wow thank you for taking the time to break that down.

You would figure that if he had dog bites, they could easily match it up to the homeowners dog. Certain members of MSP being shady unfortunately doesn't surprise me.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
In a nutshell...

A Boston Police officer named John O'Keefe was found dead outside the home of a fellow Boston Police officer following a night of drinking.

The Prosecution says that O'Keefe was run over by his girlfriend, Karen Read. Police "found" pieces of a broken taillight near the body, they have witnesses that claim they heard a distraught Read say "I hit him" multiple times, and they have voicemails left by Read where she is clearly pretty upset with O'Keefe.

The Defense claims that O'Keefe went into the house where he was involved in some sort of physical altercation, and then his body was dumped on the front lawn. They have experts who claim that O'Keefe's injuries are not consistent with being hit by a car, that O'Keefe had dog bites on his arm, and evidence that someone in the house Googled "How long to die in cold" hours before O'Keefe's body was discovered.

And then on top of that, the whole case was investigated by Massachusetts State Troopers who come across as shady, to put it mildly. There's a Federal Grand Jury that's believed to be looking into the police that conducted the investigation, and the lead investigator was relieved of his duties yesterday, hours after the judge declared a mistrial.
I really hope this doesn't cause the Walshe case to go sideways. He's in federal jail for art fraud and right after he was found guilty he killed his wife Ana. He's on video buying "murder supplies" from either Lowes or Home Depot as well as around the various dumpsters at his mom's place. Hoping the FBI info was the basis for all the warrants or he's going to walk.

Oh wow thank you for taking the time to break that down.

You would figure that if he had dog bites, they could easily match it up to the homeowners dog. Certain members of MSP being shady unfortunately doesn't surprise me.
Interestingly the dog was "re-homed"

The whole trial was an unecessary circus rife with shit you typically only see in movies and the real victim was forgotten.

Reactions: GatorMike

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
I started in 1990 (maybe 1991) as a transfer. I had Sr. Charles Claire for 3rd grade until she got sick and then it was Sr. Marie Hill until we were graced with Miss Esposito to finish the year. That woman had no business teaching 3rd graders.
She had no business teaching other grades either. I think if you ask anyone that attended MPB and had her who their least favorite teacher was and she would win, hands down.

Reactions: Alicat

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Interestingly the dog was "re-homed"

The whole trial was an unecessary circus rife with shit you typically only see in movies and the real victim was forgotten.

Well that’s odd timing. I am guessing this was a new dog and it just wasn’t a good fit in the home. Would be kind of suspicious if they had the dog for years and just decided to re-home it now.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
She had no business teaching other grades either. I think if you ask anyone that attended MPB and had her who their least favorite teacher was and she would win, hands down.
She was heinous. I swear she's the reason for why school was such a nightmare for me. She thought I was stupid and refused to help me especially with cursive. Her method was to fail me until the principal had to reprimand her. My favorite teachers were Mrs. Kelly, Miss Howard and Miss Kizkin

Reactions: Johnny Upton

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
She was heinous. I swear she's the reason for why school was such a nightmare for me. She thought I was stupid and refused to help me especially with cursive. Her method was to fail me until the principal had to reprimand her. My favorite teachers were Mrs. Kelly, Miss Howard and Miss Kizkin
I heard from some people who went there before me that she would contact area high schools to tell them NOT to admit certain kids. Who does that? She’s a vile human.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Seriously?

I’m not a conspiracy theorist but that makes my ears perk up hearing that.

Hopefully the night of the incident the cops were able to take pics at least and collect any evidence to clear them.

Fun fact: they didn't. They found some blood in the snow and their police neighbor grabbed some red solo cups and put these cups in a stop n shop paper bag, not an evidence bag.

Top it all off. He lost 3 pints of blood. Blood which was not under his body and is nowhere to be found. The prosecution wants to you believe she backed up and hit him, and he did a 360 pirouette in the air (their words) and his his head, and the cocktail glass he was apparently holding, cut his arm. Feel free to Google his autopsy photos and make your own judgemental. This case is absolutely insane. He was beaten up and his arm 100000% looks like dog bites. A dog bite expert testified that it was. The Feds sent their own investigators from ARCCA. Including one of their biomechanist's specializing in the study of the forces and mechanics associated with injuries to the human body. They have worked with the NHL.

And they all concluded he was not hit by a car. Even the prosecutions medical examiner admitted it's not consistent with all the hit and runs she's seen, and could not say within a doubt he was hit by a car.

Add a bunch of butt dials, people destroying their phones, "rehoming" their phones. This entire thing is an embarrassment. Trooper Proctor being relived of his duties so far, him looking for nudes on Karen's phone. Calling her all disgusting names. Hoping she kills herself, etc texting his superiors all of this like it's no big deal, it's an embarrassment to good police. Canton is corrupt.

And now that 21 year old Sandra Birchmore's death is ruled a homicide, some of the cops in the Karen Read case are involved in her death too. Its a mess.

• Wow
Reactions: rfournier103

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They are resurfacing our apartment parking lot, which requires us to park elsewhere for a day and a half while our section is done. They did my section last week. I have an assigned spot right by the entrance, but when I had to park elsewhere I didn't take anyone else's assigned spot even though there were some close to my building.

Mr. or Ms. Doofus in their Infiniti did not extend the same courtesy to me. In addition to not being able to read or comprehend the sign, they also suck at parking in general. It's been there since yesterday afternoon. If it's still there in the morning I'm calling the office. I don't want to deal with it over the holiday weekend.

Goobers.

20240702_073838.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Bocephus86

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
My tv shit the bed. Any recommendations?
I'm partial to OLED TVs. I have an LG OLED that has an excellent picture. My nephew just recently bought a Samsung S90C OLED at Costco that looks good.

Here is a very good web site to do your TV research. Their reviews are categorized by best overall TVs, or you can search by brand or TV size. This site has reviews, ratings, and suggested picture settings. I made my purchase and set the picture settings based on what I researched on the site.

• Love
Reactions: BMC and Mione134

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My tv shit the bed. Any recommendations?
I’m not sure the model at this point, but 7-8 years ago I recommended a 55 inch Samsung to 4 different people. All 4 of them are still running like new, about $500 at the time so I assume it’s closer to $400 now. 55 inch Samsung, smart tv loaded with apps, a ton of inputs and outputs. The only drawback is that it’s not 4k.

Still better than most screens I’ve seen.

Reactions: BMC

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I'm partial to OLED TVs. I have an LG OLED that has an excellent picture. My nephew just recently bought a Samsung S90C OLED at Costco that looks good.

Here is a very good web site to do your TV research. Their reviews are categorized by best overall TVs, or you can search by brand or TV size. This site has reviews, ratings, and suggested picture settings. I made my purchase based on what I researched on the site.

I second Rtings. I don't buy a TV without using this site.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Here is a very good web site to do your TV research. Their reviews are categorized by best overall TVs, or you can search by brand or TV size. This site has reviews, ratings, and suggested picture settings. I made my purchase and set the picture settings based on what I researched on the site.

Yep. I have this 65” in my family room. Great tv. Pricey. The screens are made by Samsung.

Rest of the house Vizios.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad