OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
sucks. i dont know how people can afford vacations or anything right now.
i know so many heathcare workers that cant even afford healthcare.
not looking good. there are way too many billionaires out there

Reactions: caz16

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
1000007483.jpg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
  • Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
and they SHOULD be paying their fair share of taxes but aren't.

Most folks I know have health care. The job market is better than it has been in years.

Inflation is coming down but still not good. Too much corporate greed.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
My hack for that is dont vacation in the USA.

Montreal is cheaper than Boston before the exchange rate. Atlantic Canada is cheaper. Southern Europe is even cheaper than that.

Seriously though, given everything that is going on in the USA, I have little desire to drive south of CT and if I am getting on a plane it's international.

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My hack for that is dont vacation in the USA.

Montreal is cheaper than Boston before the exchange rate. Atlantic Canada is cheaper. Southern Europe is even cheaper than that.

Seriously though, given everything that is going on in the USA, I have little desire to drive south of CT and if I am getting on a plane it's international.
I've been to Peru, the plane tickets can be expensive depending on time of year but once you're there everything is cheap, from hotels to food.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I've been to Peru, the plane tickets can be expensive depending on time of year but once you're there everything is cheap, from hotels to food.
Yea, I have just gotten into travel hacking aka opening credit cards to get points. Most deals are worth around $700-$1000. To make the minimum spend I just use it as a normal credit card for a month + pay extra on the electric bill.

Capital one is the best because you can just get a statement credit for travel.

Its not worth it to keep the cards after the welcome bonus so I unusually close them in 6 months. Except for Jet Blue. That is a pretty great credit card as their annual mileage bonus is almost as much as the fee + free checked bag + half priced drinks.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yea, I have just gotten into travel hacking aka opening credit cards to get points. Most deals are worth around $700-$1000. To make the minimum spend I just use it as a normal credit card for a month + pay extra on the electric bill.

Capital one is the best because you can just get a statement credit for travel.

Its not worth it to keep the cards after the welcome bonus so I unusually close them in 6 months. Except for Jet Blue. That is a pretty great credit card as their annual mileage bonus is almost as much as the fee + free checked bag + half priced drinks.
I have JetBlue and Chase freedom for travel cards. JetBlue's free bag perks are great, but Chase is better value so I put most of my purchases on that.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I have JetBlue and Chase freedom for travel cards. JetBlue's free bag perks are great, but Chase is better value so I put most of my purchases on that.
Chase will probably be my next one.

For my "daily" credit cards I use the Fidelity Visa ( 2% on everything), Amex Blue cash (6% groceries, 3% gas) and Amazon Chase (5% on Amazon).

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Microsoft did some sort of goofy update and this morning every recurring task I had set up showed up as overdue today. Every single occurrence, some going back for years. :help:

Having to go in and change the start date on them. What a pain in the butt. :damnpc:

This has been the Monday-est Monday ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad