Confirmed with Link: Meme/Like Thread 6 - A new season on the horizon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

The funniest part of X is to see all the accounts that sway with the news cycle. Hundreds of accounts that are experts on women’s boxing and geneticists become eye witnesses who live in/near Springfield, Ohio. Yet if you challenge them on anything, even the most basic things (like the fact that the video they claim is a roasted dog is very clearly a lamb), you get blocked or ignored.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
1726498921714.jpg

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
And his bad attitude towards Homer killed ol' Grimey.

I work every day and what do I have to show for it?! This BRIEFCASE and this HAIRCUT. And what do you have to show for your years of sloth and gluttony? A two story house, a son who owns a factory and sniff-sniff lobsters for dinner!…you’re a fraud, Simpson. If you were in any other country, you’d be dead by now….It was very nice meeting you all.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
They are the professionally trained ones for sure

I say this with 100% sincerity: There are Twitch streamers with better situational awareness and hand-eye control than those officers.

And I really struggled with how limited I wanted to make the scope on that last part. "Those officers" probably could have been "most officers" and I don't think it would have been too outlandish.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I say this with 100% sincerity: There are Twitch streamers with better situational awareness and hand-eye control than those officers.

And I really struggled with how limited I wanted to make the scope on that last part. "Those officers" probably could have been "most officers" and I don't think it would have been too outlandish.

Probably could have been handled way better, sure, but when I think of "who do I want to handle dangerous real-world events" the LAST people I'd think of are f***ing Twitch streamers.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
"...better situational awareness..." certainly implies they'd be better in real-life situations, no? Otherwise what's the point of your original post? That some video gamers are better shots than some cops?

“Situational awareness” means understanding the environment, its elements, and how it may change based on actions that may or may not be performed.

For instance, firing a gun into a subway car full of passengers has a high likelihood of collateral damage. I’m pretty sure most people could tell you that, police trained or not.

Now I understand that they fired their gun to protect themselves, because the suspect lunged at them with a knife, after the suspect told the officers “If you keep following me, I’m going to stab you.” And they began following him because he jumped the turnstile and didn’t pay the $2.90 fee.

So a failure to pay the $2.90 fee left 3 people injured, 1 dead. And no doubt the taxpayers will be paying for any medical (or legal) expenses that come as a result of this shooting, which will certainly cost more than $2.90.

I imagine most people would have taken a route that didn’t end up with that conclusion, including the aforementioned Twitch streamers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad