Proposal: McGroarty to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Doing nothing is sometimes the better idea. Especially when a kid has already shown character issues so young.....

I wouldn't even offer anything for him. 20 years old and already character issues....pass

So you’re willing to give Mailloux away or even pay them to take him off your hands? Good to know.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I think he’s holding out for the Leafs. And they don’t have the enticing assets. I’d think many teams are hesitant, so we wait and see.

I venture to say he comes around and stays; with a clear intention on leaving eventually.

• Haha
Reactions: Lorenzo1000

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I think he’s holding out for the Leafs. And they don’t have the enticing assets. I’d think many teams are hesitant, so we wait and see.

I venture to say he comes around and stays; with a clear intention on leaving eventually.
Why would they be the target ? If he doesn’t want to sign in Winnipeg maybe he doesn’t want to play in Canada : Making both Montreal and Toronto irrelevant in talks ( I obviously don’t know this just speculating) . What is his actual problem w Peg ?

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Why would they be the target ? If he doesn’t want to sign in Winnipeg maybe he doesn’t want to play in Canada : Making both Montreal and Toronto irrelevant in talks ( I obviously don’t know this just speculating) . What is his actual problem w Peg ?

No one knows that there is any problem with Winnipeg. The last comments Rutger made himself were that Winnipeg is his favourite team, he was even saying that before he was drafted.

Reactions: Huffer

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I still think Anaheim will be interested, especially if we don’t plan on resigning or can’t Vatrano.

But the most obvious trade would be luneau, and I can’t see him being available.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
You seem to be ignoring that this is all predicated on reports that he won't sign with Winnipeg when he leaves college. Im not sure whatvto tell you If you don't think that doesn't impact his trade value

No ones ignoring that. Its the whole premise for why he might be available.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Value wise its probably fair but i see Winnipeg being more interested in pieces that can help them today

I wouldn't doubt that either, but personally I haven't seen any offers who filled Jets needs to help win now while also being reasonable close in Rutger's value based on what it was rumored to be at the draft (around the 13th OA pick). In the end the Jets clearly aren't rushing any trade and aren't feeling any pressure to give him away at any discounts.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I still think Anaheim will be interested, especially if we don’t plan on resigning or can’t Vatrano.

But the most obvious trade would be luneau, and I can’t see him being available.
WTF would Anaheim even entertain this?

EDIT : Let alone suggest this...

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If the rumours are true (and I do stress rumours) then they already know he has no intention of signing in Winnipeg. If that's the case yiu could argue this in an overpayment for a kid who could decide to go thr free agency route instead of signing both whatever team trades for him. Again. That's if the rumours are true.

he is not a UFA until august 16, 2026. If he leaves college and says he tutning pro it reverts to June 2, 2026

An outlier trade does not set value due to situations. San Jose needed to rebuild and restock which is why they did this. A known quantity vs unknown matters too.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I wouldn't doubt that either, but personally I haven't seen any offers who filled Jets needs to help win now while also being reasonable close in Rutger's value based on what it was rumored to be at the draft (around the 13th OA pick). In the end the Jets clearly aren't rushing any trade and aren't feeling any pressure to give him away at any discounts.
They have time and don't need to rush into a bad deal. That said he's not exactly helping with the whole "win now" thing either so I feel like that's a bit of a false narrative

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
You have no idea where that first will land. Also very convenient of you to leave out that the two 2nd are most likely high 30’s or low 40’s.

Let’s use a little bit of logic here. If Montreal acquires the right of McGroarty, the chances are that they talked to the agent/player and know he will sign
In pick value you assign the worst case. That 1st is very complicated and can turn turn a 26 pick easily

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
WTF would Anaheim even entertain this?

EDIT : Let alone suggest this...
Because that’s what Winnipeg fans asked for in the last thread… that’s the piece that would make most sense for Winnipeg

But I don’t see luneau being available for anyone realistically… I’d prob do something around lacombe dioncicio or hinds +

Reactions: MXD

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
All these " he should be traded for" are fantasies.

GMs are not going to trade for a guy that already making demands. He's simply not valuable enough to take on a headache unless he's cheap. On the other side of the coin, Chevy wants max value.

The self evident fact that he hasn't been traded means that GMs wont meet Chevy demands. Let him rot as Chevy problem.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint and Huffer

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You have no idea where that first will land. Also very convenient of you to leave out that the two 2nd are most likely high 30’s or low 40’s.

Let’s use a little bit of logic here. If Montreal acquires the right of McGroarty, the chances are that they talked to the agent/player and know he will sign

Hes only signing there if they guarantee him a spot on their NHL roster.

He hasn't signed with Winnipeg because they flat out refused to gift him a roster spot, that's something you gotta earn.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
So you’re willing to give Mailloux away or even pay them to take him off your hands? Good to know.

Well the situation isn't the same. Not many Hab fans were happy with that pick and many still aren't. The truth though is that he has done the work to make amends and earn his spot back in the org.

McGroarty has done none of that. He is demanding that an NHL team guarantee him a spot he has not earned. Thats sketchy to me.

What character issues?
He is demanding that an NHL team guarantee him a spot he has not earned. Thats sketchy to me.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Damaged goods...

Is it that hard to understand that on any given team the players had to EARN their way to the NHL and this guy is demanding a spot?

That alone will turn off a lot if not most GMs. It certainly going to piss off a lot of players too, both vets and those working their ass off to make it.

This is strictly of his own making and he hurt his value to the Jets and himself.

If i was a Jets fan i would be absolutely furious at such a selfish player, but please, don't expect others to ignore his reality.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Damaged goods...

Is it that hard to understand that on any given team the players had to EARN their way to the NHL and this guy is demanding a spot?

That alone will turn off a lot if not most GMs. It certainly going to piss off a lot of players too, both vets and those working their ass off to make it.

This is strictly of his own making and he hurt his value to the Jets and himself.

If i was a Jets fan i would be absolutely furious at such a selfish player, but please, don't expect others to ignore his reality.
Every player earned their spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad