Proposal: McGroarty to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Slaf earned his spot. He spent time in the AHL. KK earned his spot as the Habs were weak at C. Both of them were not gifted spots prior to signing a contract.

Mcgroarty outright demanded a spot. That’s an entitled problem child.
You don’t know your Habs very well LMAO!

And the Habs are still really weak. McG walks on to the team no problem.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You don’t know your Habs very LMAO!
Clearly you don't know the Habs players and the culture of the team. No draft pick / prospect one demands a roster spot before even signing with the team. That hasn't happened. Period.

The fact it happened with McGroarty who is a mid-round pick is very telling of the character of the player. He's a problem...

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I am not discussing worst case scenario or value. I am talking reality. Any trade is much more complicated than a typical trade. It will likely require a deal in place due to the risk.
How so? I can't see this deal being much different from any other deal. Any team that is trading for him will certainly know if he's interested in signing there before dealing for him.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Clearly you don't know the Habs players and the culture of the team. No draft pick / prospect one demands a roster spot before even signing with the team. That hasn't happened. Period.

The fact it happened with McGroarty who is a mid-round pick is very telling of the character of the player. He's a problem...
How many games did Slaf play in the AHL? Hahaha

You McG isn’t a mid round pick either. Why are you even here?

McG wouldn’t have to ask the Habs. They are bad enough he makes the team easily.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
How so? I can't see this deal being much different from any other deal. Any team that is trading for him will certainly know if he's interested in signing there before dealing for him.
Given that he is close to ufa (by playing one more season of college), any team trading for him will want firm confirmation he will sign the ELC without a guarantee of a roster spot. Or alternatively, you have to find a team that will guarantee a roster spot. Its complicated because McGroarty is entitled.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Given that he is close to ufa (by playing one more season of college), any team trading for him will want firm confirmation he will sign the ELC without a guarantee of a roster spot. Or alternatively, you have to find a team that will guarantee a roster spot. Its complicated because McGroarty is entitled.
Lol. Okay, if you say so. Really banging the drum for the silly entitlement issue.

He's still got another year to wait after this coming year, so he hasn't got all that much clout.

Was Gauthier's deal extremely complicated? Not any different here.

Reactions: TS Quint

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Lol. Okay, if you say so. Really banging the drum for the silly entitlement issue.

He's still got another year to wait after this coming year, so he hasn't got all that much clout.

Was Gauthier's deal extremely complicated? Not any different here.
Gauthier didn't want to play for the Flyers (for whatever reason). Gauthier didn't demand a guaranteed roster spot. That what complicates things. Not sure why that's giving you so much trouble! lol

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Gauthier didn't want to play for the Flyers (for whatever reason). Gauthier didn't demand a guaranteed roster spot. That what complicates things. Not sure why that's giving you so much trouble! lol
I guess basically because it's a non-issue. There was plenty of interest in him at the draft and we don't know the actual story, so it isn't a complication at all.

But if it makes you happy, you keep believing it's a deal breaker with the other 31 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad