Value of: McDavid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
The year Kerfoot is finally gone McDavid become available...figures.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
sabres and nj could dangle a couple of those. wings could do something but would have to add draft picks. ottawa has been signing guys longterm and is well positioned. stutzle plus could work.

but i think other teams with older rosters could offer some creative value by peeling off one ot two current good players and bundling them with futures..

to me, mcdavid is the only player for whom you give up your 1c if you are in a position to support mcdavid now. he can win a cup if he joins a playoff team without too many current assets going the other way.

It would be hilariously salty in Oil Country if Yzerman pulled off getting McDavid. I think they'd start posting that Holland (with Bettman's approval, of course) was a Red Wings plant. Hey, that's what some WCW fans thought about Vince Russo, that he was a WWF plant all along.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
sabres and nj could dangle a couple of those. wings could do something but would have to add draft picks. ottawa has been signing guys longterm and is well positioned. stutzle plus could work.

but i think other teams with older rosters could offer some creative value by peeling off one ot two current good players and bundling them with futures..

to me, mcdavid is the only player for whom you give up your 1c if you are in a position to support mcdavid now. he can win a cup if he joins a playoff team without too many current assets going the other way.

King's for instance, their top 3 centers have some form of trade protection & would more than likely turn a trade to Edmonton down.

Not saying it isn't possible, but the list of 1C's that don't have trade protection, or would be willing to move is going to be small.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
Another thing to consider is this: why would Darryl Katz allow a trade? Let's say McDavid wants out. Word gets to Katz, and he's adamant that there be no trade. So they tell McDavid there's no trade, so what happens then?

We can sit here and talk about who'd go for what, but at the end of the day, it's Katz's decision ultimately, not anyone else's.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
What a mess, I think Draisaitl would be the one who gets dealt but if you trade Draisaitl Mcdavid will most likely want a trade or walk in free agency. You have so much salary tied up in them you have to trade one of them to fix goaltending and depth.

Trading Nurse is virtually impossible.

Reactions: lakai17

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What a mess, I think Draisaitl would be the one who gets dealt but if you trade Draisaitl Mcdavid will most likely want a trade or walk in free agency. You have so much salary tied up in them you have to trade one of them to fix goaltending and depth.

Trading Nurse is virtually impossible.
Unless Drai is actually traded for someone who can help now. Like a Hall for Larsson, Jones for Subban, Jones for Johansen type of 1 for 1. But, that's a rare case. So, most likely it's pieces coming back for Drai. Not going to sit well with McDavid to spend another year without a chance to compete for the Cup. Might as well ask/demand out as well.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I think the Sabres have the assets to make a competitive offer. I just don’t see Edmonton moving him.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
I think the Sabres have the assets to make a competitive offer. I just don’t see Edmonton moving him.

Would be pretty funny, honestly. After years of Oilers fans insisting they didn't tank while the Sabres did, and after the Sabres had a GM who openly said he hated he didn't get McDavid (IIRC), McDavid ends up heading there, and the salt would flow. Not as wonderfully as it would if he went to Detroit, but good enough nonetheless.

Did he just eliminate 2yrs off his contract or something over night? Or do we leave that part out cause that fits your narrative better?

Do we just pretend that the Oilers are actually gonna trade McDavid and that Katz will let it happen? Or do we just leave that part out because it fits your narrative better?

Reactions: MagnumForce2

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Do we just pretend that the Oilers are actually gonna trade McDavid and that Katz will let it happen? Or do we just leave that part out because it fits your narrative better?

Again, if you think the Oilers will trade McDavid before firing Holland and giving someone competent a shot at running the franchise, you're delusional

But sure bro. Do you.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
I dunno. Doesn't seem like you're open to any reasonable discussion seeing as you made this account 3 weeks ago and have done nothing but spew Oilers hate in 95% of your posts.

Your bias is showing. Might wanna tuck that away. People might think you made this account for one reason only

You're more than welcome to scroll past my posts and put me on ignore, especially if you're going to pretend that joking around is "hate." It's all for fun, dude. Why take it so seriously? Nobody "hates" the Oilers. We're just having fun watching them fumble the ball yet again. It's no different than us poking fun at Tampa Bay blowing it against Columbus, for example.

I made this account because I'd like to talk hockey, especially given the fact that the players many hold to be the best in the world today are having their careers so far wasted. Who wouldn't want to discuss that? It's the biggest thing in the hockey world today.

I'm open to any discussion whatsoever. If people agree with me, fine. If they don't, so what? I will never meet any of you in my life. It's no sweat off my back if people don't like my takes. I'm here to discuss my favorite sport. It's easier to discuss it here than elsewhere, such as on Reddit.

Why are Oilers fans so defensive? Hell, one could argue y'all use your accounts to do nothing but whine about Bettman considering how he's literally blamed for everything wrong with the Oilers. Seriously, I went to HFOil and searched for posts about Bettman and y'all literally act as if he's trying to get the Oilers to fold.

Your paranoia is showing. Might wanna tuck that away.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
He would have massive value beyond his play. Smaller market teams would see him as a chance to grow their franchise value. Which I would say if he had more term left on his contract. Too much risk for teams to take on

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Seriously, I went to HFOil and searched for posts about Bettman and y'all literally act as if he's trying to get the Oilers to fold.

Please bring these receipts. Cause I don't know of anyone on HFOil blaming Bettman for anything to do with our team. Not to mention there being anything on the front page remotely close to that

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Katz won't allow it and Katz is the only one who's opinion matters. Connor is gonna be there for a minimum of 2 1/2 more seasons after this one probably actually all 3 and will order the sale of 3/4/5 1st rounders + assets if that's what it takes.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
Please bring these receipts. Cause I don't know of anyone on HFOil blaming Bettman for anything to do with our team. Not to mention there being anything on the front page remotely close to that

I don't want to put folks on the spot, but I lurk on HFOil now and then (as an Avs fan, I don't post there, but I like to lurk on other teams' boards to get an idea of how those fans think, etc, etc) and I see numerous posts trashing Bettman as if he's out to get the Oil. Here's some examples:

"If McDrai don't work. Nothing will. I truly believe that. Fold the f***in franchise already and give Bettman his wish."
"“Inconclusive or f*** The Oilers, Mr Bettman?” “f*** the Oilers” Bettman whispers."
"The problem starts with Bettman. If you support Bettman you support f***ing the Oilers."
"Gotta listen to this clown shown Bettman showing later. Can’t believe Bettman has fans. What’s this world come to?"
"Bettman can f*** right off."
"Bettman and the refs have it out for the Oilers, but if this game goes in the Oilers favor as far as reffing, it's because Bettman doesn't want to make it too obvious"
"Bettman can f*** right off. How they figure this is beyond me. Makes me hate Bettman and the Flames even more if that were even possible."
"Bettman called that one in/Bettman called that in too."
"Bettman needs the Oilers to lose."
"Just how Bettman wants it!"
"Bettman will ensure a Vegas Cup."
"Refs were matchfixing on behalf of Bettman."
"Twenty-nine Years and Counting. Thank You Gary Bettman, May we have Another? Bettman f***s Canada Again!"
"f*** your game management Bettman."
"Before Gary Bettman Canadian clubs were winning Cups at a 70% pace... after Bettman at a 0% pace. Check it out, buddy. Get back to me with more sarcasm, please."
"Start with investigating Bettman and his manufactured parity which results in Game Management and his ridiculous Bettman Point."
"How is Bettman going to f*** us now?"
"McDavid: f***ing over Bettman since 2016."
"Bettman cronies must be buzzing the ref's microchips."
"Canadian teams won the majority of Stanley Cups before Bettman came along as commissioner. With Bettman, zero Canadian Stanley Cups."
"Absolute garbage league. Go F yourself Bettman."

All these were posted by HFOil members over the past few years. There seems to be this fixation in your fanbase, at least on here, that Bettman wants nothing more than to hear the lamentations of Oilers fans, but that can't be farther from the truth.

I'm quoting this user, though, because he nailed it so well: "Bettman didn't make Canadian hockey fans toxic. Bettman didn't invent social media to make hiding from toxic fan bullshit more difficult. It's not Gary Bettman that has mandated idiotically low tax rates on higher income brackets throughout the States. It's not Bettman's fault that Canada is cold as shit throughout most of the season comparatively. There's no boogeyman here."

Reactions: Barnum

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
They're not trading McDavid.

If they even entertained it, I sure as shit don't want Holland being the one accepting offers.

People don't think the Oilers wouldn't launch Holland into the sun before they even joke about trading McDavid. Or that they're not going to hand him a blank check and tell him to fill it in however he wants.

They will get rid of everybody before they get rid of McDavid.

Good lord

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
I think Islanders make sense. Lou is old and clearly wants to compete now before he’s gone.

Sorokin, Dobson, picks, cap dumps.

Then in a few years we can watch Islanders fans melt down again when another of their stars goes home to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad