Proposal: McDavid to NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Rangers don't have the young center, dman or goalie available to make it work.

Anaheim(McTavish/Drysdale/Dostal)
Florida(Lundell/Ekblad/Knight)
Buffalo(Cozens/Krebs/Power/Levi)
Detroit(Larkin/Seider/Cossa)
Avalanche(Newhook/Byram/Annunen)
Vancouver(Petterson/Hughes/Demko)
New Jersey (Hughes/Hughes/Blackwood)

Off the top of my head the teams that have the assets that would appease HFoil fans in a McDavid or Draisaitl trade.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
A comparable offer from LA would probably look like:

Byfield
Turcotte
Kupari
Bjornfot
Petersen

Which, in my opinion, isn't enough for McDavid.

Reactions: Seachd

McJesusSaves97

I see the light
May 17, 2015
Cowtown: Behind Enemy Lines
2020's 1st overall pick, 2019's 2nd overall pick, 2018 1st rd pick, 2017 1st rd pick & a goalie lol, there are way worse offers. That's a higher reward offer than most teams could put forward if you're looking for futures
Don't care what position your players were drafted. You don't get the best player in the NHL for a bunch of maybezzzz & under performing youth. If you are trading for Connor its gonna sting a little, don't you think? Think about a few of your players that you don't want to jettison. Even with our shit management, I don't think they would even remotely entertain what you are offering.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Don't care what position your players were drafted. You don't get the best player in the NHL for a bunch of maybezzzz & under performing youth. If you are trading for Connor its gonna sting a little, don't you think? Think about a few of your players that you don't want to jettison. Even with our shit management, I don't think they would even remotely entertain what you are offering.
I personally would be willing to part with Fox in the deal, but I don't want to be raked over the coals by my fellow Ranger fans lol. I feel I may have less attachment to him than others given that I'm not from NY, so the hometown kid story doesn't matter quite as much to me. What if that proposal swapped Lafreniere with Fox? What would be your ask personally? I know based on your username you probably don't wish to trade him lol, but if you saw BREAKING NEWS MCDAVID TRADED TO NYR, what are you reasonably hoping that deal is?

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
The only team worth consider trading with is colorado

MacKinnon + Makar + 1st 2023 (the year)

for ConnorMcDavid

Lmao why would Colorado ever do this.

Arguably the 3rd best player + arguably the 1st best defenceman + 1st rounder

for

Arguably the 1st best player in the league

Doesn't really add up. Makar alone is nearly as valuable as McDavid is. Same with MacKinnon. They are all top 5 assets in the league.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Björnfot is FAR from Lundqvist's level.

Perhaps offensively, although Lundkvist's 4 points in 25 games this season sure didn't set the world on fire. Bjornfot is better defensively, is a year younger, and has more NHL experience.

Reactions: Guitpik

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Rangers fan here and now is the time for anyone I was bickering and "feuding" with who was in the Hertl trade thread to see where I'm going and I don't do "feelings over fact."

Realistically, some of those pieces have to come out but Schneider/Garrand AND a 1st + the STL 2nd rounder they got for Buchnevich are going to have to go the other way.

If not Schneider then the Oilers hang up without a K. Miller or Lindgren.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad