Proposal: McDavid to NYI for Barzal, Beauvillier (25% retained), unprotected 2022 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
The Edmonton Oilers are a prime example of why gutting a franchise, in order to acquire McDavid, would never happen. They'll get a lesser 1C, supplemented with unproven futures and picks. If he asks out, there's going to be a lot of very sad Oiler fans when it finally goes down.

Last edited:
Reactions: SegaChanneller

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
For McDavid, if I'm Edmonton I'm probably asking for some combination of

Sorokin (young #1 G), Dobson/ Pelech (#1 D; Dobson re-signed, Pelech retained), Barzal (#1 C replacement) and maybe either a scoring forward prospect/ 1st.

This may seem like a lot but McDavid is generational.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You're right. It's even bigger than the numbers suggest.
Naah. Barzal scored 85 points as a rookie when he was allowed to free-wheel. But now that he's asked to play defense, his numbers have suffered.

Luckily for McDavid, he's not expected to play defense.

Reactions: mm11

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
For McDavid, if I'm Edmonton I'm probably asking for some combination of

Sorokin (young #1 G), Dobson/ Pelech (#1 D; Dobson re-signed, Pelech retained), Barzal (#1 C replacement) and maybe either a scoring forward prospect/ 1st.

This may seem like a lot but McDavid is generational.

McDavid would finally get a chance to see what the Oil was like from 2010 to when he was drafted. Finishing last every year, getting a #1 pick overall and the promise of a great future when all those picks matured.

He'd just be wearing a different colored jersey.

Reactions: SegaChanneller

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
McDavid would finally get a chance to see what the Oil was like from 2010 to when he was drafted. Finishing last every year, getting a #1 pick overall and the promise of a great future when all those picks matured.

He'd just be wearing a different colored jersey.
Ironically the Islanders and Oil have almost identical color schemes.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Still trash.

lol....That's probably still not getting it done but a top 6 forward, a top pair dman and a starting goalie all under 24 and a 1st round pick isn't "Trash". Not every team gets the lottery fixed for them by the league to help out the worst run original 6 team in the league. (Laf and Kakko ARE in fact Trash btw).

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
lol....That's probably still not getting it done but a top 6 forward, a top pair dman and a starting goalie all under 24 and a 1st round pick isn't "Trash". Not every team gets the lottery fixed for them by the league to help out the worst run original 6 team in the league. (Laf and Kakko ARE in fact Trash btw).

Yea "fixed". Post proof or shut up.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
There’s no reason to gut your roster to acquire McDavid. You’ll just end up like the current Oilers, losing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad