McDavid becomes the 3rd player in NHL history to score 40 points in a playoff run - after Wayne and Mario

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
One goal away from tying Crosby in career finals goals with 4, and he has played 20 less games. 8 points from tying him in points. The most points Crosby ever had in a Finals series was 6. McDavid has 11. At 27 Crosby had 118 points in 100 career playoff games. Mcdavid has 117 in only 72.

Anyone that ranks Crosby over Mcdavid because of cups deserves a smack.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
If Florida wins game 6 and Bob is the first star I think the CS goes to Bob
If Florida wins game 7 with Bob being say the number 2 or 3 star CS goes to McD
It goes without saying that the CS goes to McD hands down if Oilers win it all in game 7!
So ... 2 out of 3 chance McD gets the Conn Smythe

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
McDavid is surpassing Lemieux and Orr pretty easily at this point.
Orr was pretty good.

1718809660081.png

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
One goal away from tying Crosby in career finals goals with 4, and he has played 20 less games. 8 points from tying him in points. The most points Crosby ever had in a Finals series was 6. McDavid has 11. At 27 Crosby had 118 points in 100 career playoff games. Mcdavid has 117 in only 72.

Anyone that ranks Crosby over Mcdavid because of cups deserves a smack.

Minor corrections here. McDavid is 9 points from tying him and Crosby’s high was the 7 in 6 games he had during the 2017 SCF.

Same result. McDavid is blowing him out of the water, as expected.

The dam wall is about to burst on any remaining legitimacy for a Crosby over McDavid argument.

Additional fun facts:

The two goals McDavid had last night are as many as Crosby had in the 3 Finals his team won, combined.

The four points in last night’s game equal his entire 2016 SCF performance. They are more than his entire 2009 SCF performance.

McDavid has 11 points in 5 SCF games. It took Crosby until the second game of his 3rd appearance and his team had already won a Cup before he scored his 11th point. It took him 15 games.

It’s doesn’t come down to a difference in scoring levels, folks. One is a clearly better player than the other.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's already a top 5 player in history and has the ability to climb further. I always knew he had a chance to make it big 5 and he's done it. What I didn't think is that he could be #2 or #3 or even make it a real discussion, which is what he's doing. If they somehow pull off the comeback, I think he's got the best playoff run ever in hockey.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Minor corrections here. McDavid is 9 points from tying him and Crosby’s high was the 7 in 6 games he had during the 2017 SCF.

Same result. McDavid is blowing him out of the water, as expected.

The dam wall is about to burst on any remaining legitimacy for a Crosby over McDavid argument.

Additional fun facts:

The two goals McDavid had last night are as many as Crosby had in the 3 Finals his team won, combined.

The four points in last night’s game equal his entire 2016 SCF performance. They are more than his entire 2009 SCF performance.

McDavid has 11 points in 5 SCF games. It took Crosby until the second game of his 3rd appearance and his team had already won a Cup before he scored his 11th point. It took him 15 games.

It’s doesn’t come down to a difference in scoring levels, folks. One is a clearly better player than the other.
Let's update when he has won at least one cup to Crosby's three. So far McDavid has one goal and two assists in this series that were somehow consequential and helped them to get one win out of four needed. If he repeats that in the next two games then yeah, he's improved his argument quite a bit. If not, then not really.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Let's update when he has won at least one cup to Crosby's three. So far McDavid has one goal and two assists in this series that were somehow consequential and helped them to get one win out of four needed. If he repeats that in the next two games then yeah, he's improved his argument quite a bit. If not, then not really.
Joking?

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Given the scoring adjustments for era, this is already on par with the best playoff performance ever. Of all time. He wins the Smythe no matter what and has cemented himself in the top 3 all time with Wayne and Mario. Congratulations kid.

Reactions: J bo Jeans

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017

Glad to see you’re enjoying this journey in your own twisted fashion.

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
If Florida wins game 6 and Bob is the first star I think the CS goes to Bob
If Florida wins game 7 with Bob being say the number 2 or 3 star CS goes to McD
It goes without saying that the CS goes to McD hands down if Oilers win it all in game 7!
So ... 2 out of 3 chance McD gets the Conn Smythe
McDavid is getting it no matter what. He is -150 in Vegas. This is one of the greatest playoff performances in history.

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
Crosby was the number one factor behind three cups won by a team that was the worst in the league prior to his arrival. No assist stat will threaten that if the success is not there. Maybe the Oilers win the next two games and create a real argument, but to be a winner you first need to win.
He lead his team in scoring one out of those three years. Sid is great and he's a winner but he never put a team on his back like Mcdavid does.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Crosby was the number one factor behind three cups won by a team that was the worst in the league prior to his arrival. No assist stat will threaten that if the success is not there. Maybe the Oilers win the next two games and create a real argument, but to be a winner you first need to win.
McDavids Smythe this year is more impressive win or lose. Crosby’s were both somewhat controversial. He never led his team in points in any cup run in fact.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Crosby didn’t lead his team in scoring in a single cup win.

He lead his team in scoring one out of those three years. Sid is great and he's a winner but he never put a team on his back like Mcdavid does.
Zero

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
McDavids Smythe this year is more impressive win or lose. Crosby’s were both somewhat controversial. He never led his team in points in any cup run in fact.
Without the cup Conn Smythe is but a consolation prize, with the cup an afterthought. I don't think even Crosby himself cares too deeply about how many Conn Smythes he has or how he won them as long as he has the rings.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
C'mon.....

its getting silly now.

I get that it's difficult to accept that "your" player is being surpassed by another, especially if that player plays for team that you dislike, but to ignore facts and move goalposts so you can bury your head in the sand and pretend it's not happening, is kind of ridiculous.

I grew up a Gretzky fan and when Lemieux came on the scene, it was difficult for me as a kid to think there is someone out there who can legitimately challenge Wayne for best in the game, but as an adult all that went away and I'm just glad that i got to witness the 2 GOATS playing the game at the same time.

Crosby is an All-timer, no doubt, but McDavid has definitely surpassed him, and we as fans of hockey should be happy that we've got to witness both players in their primes do the things they have done.

Just enjoy McDavid doing McDavid things, could be another 30 years before we see someone like him come around again.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I think you need to add IDKFA and the clipping one to it after last night.

I had thought about that one...but then figured, with no clipping, it would be less impressive as he pretty much went untouched anyway LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad