Confirmed with Link: McCabe/Lafferty and 2024/25 5ths to TOR for protected 2025 1st, 2026 2nd, Anderson, & Gogolev

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Supposed to reasonably quick with a real good shot.....not sure how loaded Toronto's AHL team is, but you would think he would have gotten more sniffs with injuries, etc....so that's a little concerning from a prospect perspective.

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
With Gavrokov, maybe Chikryn, maybe Edmunson out there and the # of teams willing to give up a first rounder dwindling, I think KD just grabbed the last open chair.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Still waiting for elaboration on the conditions for the 2 5ths we owe Leafs ...do conditions come off and we do not owe them these 5th IF certain stipulations hapoen or do not hapoen?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
No issues there. Leafs are at least a couple years away from falling off, so there's a much better chance of the 25 and 26 Leafs being worse than the 23 and 24 Leafs.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Toronto fans kept saying they don't need Dmen and won't be after them with their stacked D. But I'm glad they're finally making a push to go for it.

I am used to the Leafs being the butt-end of so many jokes - from the fanatical fans, casual fans, and non-hockey people my whole life. Seeing this thread of many people wishing Toronto success in the playoffs is a nice change.

Chicago has some serious draft capital to rebuild the future. Hopefully you don't rush it like Toronto did by signing JT lmao.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
No ...if Matgews wakksxandter next sesson with 2 more disappointing kayoff runs this year and next OR if Keafs make big mistake and are forced into extending him at MAX CAP thus forcing cap dumps all over the lineup and cannot possibly be as good in 2024/25 and 2025/26 then a drop to mushy middle is in the cards for 2024/2925 but then the 2025 first could ne Athens bubble or just below bubble pick and if below bubble yet they get kuckyvand move back into top tentge Hawks getvtheir 2026 1stibstead by which rine Keafs coukd be a bottom 5 team and into a re-build anyway...If that happens Hawjs in great position in thec2926 draftxwhere 2 posdibkexGeneratuins kook to be up for grabs in that too of draft!

And if zhawks win thise sweepstakes with zleafs pick then it is JD who hosed Dubai...

So Leafs fans ...your team gotta win Cuo i '23 or '24 ...else your window closes and it goes downhill...fast.

If I am Nathews and they still have no zcups this year or next...I'm out with these losers...So good luck Leafs...you will need it gettibg out of the very very tough East and if you survive akk beat up...youmay be too battered to do much against whoever wins the West.

This is what goibgb"all in" does...draibscyourvpipekibevforvyesrs...then forces a quicker re-buikdvthan you ever imagined.. Not ever y team manages its cap like TB and Boston do to keep windows open longer than they ought to.

Anyway no matter how you slice it this deal sets Chicagonup pretty for 2025 or 2026 ..

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I am used to the Leafs being the butt-end of so many jokes - from the fanatical fans, casual fans, and non-hockey people my whole life. Seeing this thread of many people wishing Toronto success in the playoffs is a nice change.

Chicago has some serious draft capital to rebuild the future. Hopefully you don't rush it like Toronto did by signing JT lmao.
Honestly I love when teams go for it. It's exciting.

Dubas is guilty of sitting on his hands the past couple years, but I can respect what he's done at the deadline here.

If the team falters in the playoffs, it can't be pinned on him this time.

Reactions: LeafsFan89

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I hope Toronto beats Tampa so Chicago gets a better draft pick, and then I hope they get swept in the 2nd round.

Also, with Kyle saying it was a choice to take Leafs 2025 1st rounder and that it spreads the picks out, I have a feeling we are getting the Rangers 2024 1st rounder.

If the team falters in the playoffs, it can't be pinned on him this time.
Well, not really. He is the one that has built the team and has shitty goaltending once again.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I remember when people thought Lafferty was an underwhelming acquisition for Alex Nylander...
This really expands the Jokiharju trade tree. Sure technically you can boil it down to just the 2nd rounder, but it's leaped up the value.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015

Good luck in the playoffs! The east is going to be a blood bath this year.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
There's 3 Davidson's.......the one who's dealing with assets for the rebuild-----at this point, average. There's the one look at current NHLers for the current team (I think above average) and there's the drafting Davidson----I think he killed it this year and can't wait till this next draft. He stole Lafferty. He stole Dickinson (IMO)....he's got HIS good people scouting.......I'm putting my trust in the man ....I like his direction.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Congrats. Now thats what a call committing to a rebuild. None of this "building on the fly" nonsense. Cant wait to see what you guys get for Kane.

View attachment 658408

Glad to have Lafferty & McCabe for the next few years.
1-CHI
2-CHI, TOR
3-CHI
4-CHI, OTT
5-CHI
6-CHI
7-CHI

Yeah, I was just happy to get rid of Nylander. Ending up with a 2nd out of him is just gravy.
And two seasons of Laff

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Caps didn't give up picks in trade or retain 50% which is $2M a year going forward

Davidson continues to struggle with trades and has repeatedly squandered his advantage to take lesser or outright shitty returns

Dubas got him to give up better 2nd in Mrazek cap dump when Davidson should have held firm on later 2nd going to Toronto or he was prepared to walk away

He gets taken advantage of easily
I feel a little dirty for saying this but I agree with BWC. The returns are not impressive.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I think the returns are OK. Let’s wait and see
What the ultimate plan is with all of them.

Don’t forget next year we need to suck for Eiserman.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Dude, you said it was a good trade if it wasn't top ten protected, but odds are this is going to be a high teens/early 20s pick regardless. Would it magically be better if not protected and we ended up, say, 19th overall regardless?

They're going to be a playoff team, so they won't be getting a top ten pick anyway, so it's no skin off our backs. This is just disaster insurance for the Leafs.
After what happened to the Panthers nobody should trade their 1st without some protection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad