Value of: May I ask what would be the ask for Askarov?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Well probably about the same as we were saying in all the threads around the draft: a prospect or pick with strong potential to become a true #1 center in the NHL. Which nobody will pay, yes, we all know that, nobody needs to point out that goalies don’t get traded for that much or that asking for a top5 pick for a player picked lower isn’t very nice. We know all that. But it’s what Trotz asked for at the draft and there’s no reason to think it would have changed since.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
His numbers in the ahl last year don't stand out, but he has the pedigree to be a good number 1 goalie in the nhl one day.

It's hard betting on a young goalie. I still get nightmares from the Vesa Toskala trade 🤮

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Well probably about the same as we were saying in all the threads around the draft: a prospect or pick with strong potential to become a true #1 center in the NHL. Which nobody will pay, yes, we all know that, nobody needs to point out that goalies don’t get traded for that much or that asking for a top5 pick for a player picked lower isn’t very nice. We know all that. But it’s what Trotz asked for at the draft and there’s no reason to think it would have changed since.
Was the rumour ever confirmed by someone credible?

I remember reading that it was rumoured to be Askarov, Pick 15 and Pick 24 for the 5th OA. If so, Askarov's value isn't as high as a top 5 pick by himself, although the qualit of the draft probably factors into that as well.

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
As other Preds fans have said, at this point it's a steep price(straight up for #1 center prospect) and realistically too steep for any team too pay.

Although, Trotz did get an entire draft class for Jeannot so who is to say what, "too steep" means?

He also paid a lot of money to have Johansen and Duchene play against them only to replace them with Ryan O’Reilly. But that’s probably a separate discussion.

Reactions: Colezuki and banks

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
He also paid a lot of money to have Johansen and Duchene play against them only to replace them with Ryan O’Reilly. But that’s probably a separate discussion.
It is a different conversation but I can sum that one up like this...

Clearly he's confident in his valuation of players. Some you sell off at a premium and some you ship out any way/at any cost possible. Time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad