Value of: Max Domi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NoGoalCaufield

Feb 22, 2018
What’s the deal with Domi anyways? I hear people say he has a poor attitude or creates conflict with teammates. Is any of this true? Maybe some Jacket/Canadiens/Coyotes fans will chime in?

it seems as though he would be a good asset to any team with his style of play.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
What’s the deal with Domi anyways? I hear people say he has a poor attitude or creates conflict with teammates. Is any of this true? Maybe some Jacket/Canadiens/Coyotes fans will chime in?

There has been no evidence of this in Columbus. In fact, in other threads where this is brought up there never seems to be great evidence anywhere.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

Zero evidence in Columbus. He’s well liked by fans, seems to be with players too.

I can see Domi sent to a contender for a 2nd or late first if coming with extension

Reactions: Cowumbus and hn777

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
If all it takes to get him is a 2nd, I'd pay that easily

Domi is the kind of player who kinda needs to play a top 6 offensive role to succeed however so if your team doesn't have that spot to offer him then I'd probably steer away even at low asset cost. Very shifty and creative player at his best though.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I wonder if his inconsistency issues are tied to his diabetes management? It's a way of life for him for a long time now but I just wonder. Domi has untapped talent.

When did he do best? His first season in a hockey market (Montreal). Guy was unreal for us that year playing with Drouin and Shaw.

Reactions: hn777

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
Zero evidence in Columbus. He’s well liked by fans, seems to be with players too.

I can see Domi sent to a contender for a 2nd or late first if coming with extension

I can see some salary retention being needed to widen the field of buyers but I would expect a contender to cough up a first.

Who would be a potential buyer?

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
If we can make the cap work, I would be all over Domi to Tor for a 2nd.

we have a Top6 spot, and the name value would be great

Reactions: exporta

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's followed him his whole life. Anyone ever involved in the GTHL will tell you that chaos follows that family around. Dubas isn't that dumb.

Dubas has sent scouts to watch Evander Kane which means he has some level of interest in Evander Kane because you don't scout somebody you don't have some level of interest in.

I find very very hard to believe he would have any interest in Kane but none in Domi that's not realistic

Reactions: banks

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My only question would be do you do Domi Matthews Marner?

Or do you do Domi Tavares Nylander?

I'm legitimately not sure

You try both and see where the chemistry is. But I think Domi would fit better with Tavares cause Domi is a bit risky in the 200' game. Tavares's 200' maturity can help shelter it at 5/5.

Reactions: cydawg

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Dubas has sent scouts to watch Evander Kane which means he has some level of interest in Evander Kane because you don't scout somebody you don't have some level of interest in.

I find very very hard to believe he would have any interest in Kane but none in Domi that's not realistic
Kane has no family Tie to the Leafs or the Owner.
Although Domi would be worse, I'd be shocked if he brought Kane in as well.

Who do you think needs replacing in the top 6?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Kane has no family Tie to the Leafs or the Owner.
Although Domi would be worse, I'd be shocked if he brought Kane in as well.

I think you missed the point, that being that Domi does not have anywhere near the reputation for being a cancer that Kane does yet Dubas has some level of interest in Kane.

But you are claiming as if you have some inside info that a player without nearly as toxic a reputation would be of no interest.

One of these things is not like the other.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think you missed the point, that being that Domi does not have anywhere near the reputation for being a cancer that Kane does yet Dubas has some level of interest in Kane.

But you are claiming as if you have some inside info that a player without nearly as toxic a reputation would be of no interest.

One of these things is not like the other.
We don't really know that there is interest in Kane.
The player and FATHER have the toxic reputation in the GTA and many know this.

Don't see how he fits in the lineup anyway. No need at the top of the lineup and not responsible enough for the bottom of the lineup.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad