Matvei Michkov vs. Ivan Demidov; who will be better?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If I was you, I'd already start to prepare explanations why you were so wrong about Michkov in the past...
So you think he’ll get close to a PPG at 19 years old? I’m going to save this post just for fun

Who’s calling for ppg seasons right out of the gate . I think I’m one of the bigger supporters and I’d be thrilled w a 60 ish pt rookie season . The 100 plus projections I take as future seasons . Maybe I’m wrong in my understanding .
The guy I quoted think so

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I was initially responding to his post saying Michkov is a notch above Carlsson and Fantilli, so no.
Alright but he doesn’t need to be ppg to accomplish this does he ? I love Carlsson , I think they are comparable . Those 2 in my mind are the 2 best prospects in hockey (he didn’t play a full season so I’m rationalizing it that way and yes I have both over Celebrini) . Fantilli has great physical gifts , if can put it together he’s right there w those 2 . But I’d probably have it in the order that you list them but not a huge chasm at all .

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Alright but he doesn’t need to be ppg to accomplish this does he ? I love Carlsson , I think they are comparable . Those 2 in my mind are the 2 best prospects in hockey (he didn’t play a full season so I’m rationalizing it that way and yes I have both over Celebrini) . Fantilli has great physical gifts , if can put it together he’s right there w those 2 . But I’d probably have it in the order that you list them but not a huge chasm at all .
He does not. Anyhow, I would still draft Fantilli and Carlsson before Michkov without thinking twice. Their impact over their career at both end of the ice should be greater than Michkov’s - granted everyone pan out as they are supposed to.

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
He does not. Anyhow, I would still draft Fantilli and Carlsson before Michkov without thinking twice. Their impact over their career at both end of the ice should be greater than Michkov’s - granted everyone pan out as they are supposed to.
I can see the argument . I’d still bet on Michkov but these are the bluest of blue chippers . I also don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Michkov himself becomes a center . His playmaking , anticipation skills and iq are tailor made for it . Is his defensive game up to the task though… it would be challenging but it’s something I could see Philly trying at some point ( not as a rookie mind you but after his feet get wet ) .

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
There is no universe where I would want Michkov on my team over Fantilli or Carlsson. That’s just absurd. Not many players in their D+1 were able to produce at a 0.5 PPG or better.

Even this year I don’t expect Fantilli or Carlsson to be anywhere near a PPG. A good season would be 58-65 points. That’s why I keep laughing at the Michkov fanboys thinking he’ll come in at near a PPG pace

Should be in the 10-20 range easily defensively. He’s been very, very good
I haven’t seen anyone thinks he’ll be a PPG player as a rookie.
Maybe you could list the post number.

Last edited:

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
If Michkov stays with the Flyers, Demidov will be better, because things never pan out for the Flyers, either by their own stupidity or from anger from the hockey gods.
This doesnt make much sense, you guys haven't even had a player putting up numbers like a Giroux for how long? And I'm here to say Giroux is nowhere near the talent Michkov is at the same age and I tracked him closely way before the NHL, help me to understand your logic.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Did he say ppg as a rookie? I absolutely agree he’ll be a ppg plus player in his prime but 1 st year w that surrounding team .. man that is a claim .
I asked the same question earlier, re: we were discussing rookie season.

I haven’t seen anyone thinks he’ll be a PPG player.
Maybe you could list the post number.

I was reply to @Kshahdoo who think he’s going to either be a PPG or close to one this year and have the same impact Kaprisov had in his first year

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
He said PPG or close to being one.
Didn’t see the post but not sure id go that far . He’s a huge talent but what rookies have gone ppg over the past decade ? Mcdavid obviously ( half year but still ) , not sure how old Panarin was or whether he fits the criteria . I’m sure I’m missing someone obvious. Maybe Barzal ? I remember him having a great year then kinda plateauing

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Didn’t see the post but not sure id go that far . He’s a huge talent but what rookies have gone ppg over the past decade ? Mcdavid obviously ( half year but still ) , not sure how old Panarin was or whether he fits the criteria . I’m sure I’m missing someone obvious. Maybe Barzal ? I remember him having a great year then kinda plateauing
Barzal, McDavid then Malkin

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I was reply to @Kshahdoo who think he’s going to either be a PPG or close to one this year and have the same impact Kaprisov had in his first year

Hehe, have you seen this in one of your nightmares? Because I've never said this with any kind of certainty. But I really hope you're right, and Michkov will have a similar to Kaprizov's rookie season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad