Matvei Michkov vs. Ivan Demidov; who will be better?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think they both end up better than eichel but eichel had to deal with injuries but showed he was an elite 1 center in the 19-20 season and soon after had another injury that would lead to the trade although he requested prior. He was showing he was an elite producer and realizing his potential he showed great improvement defensively though while still being a ppg but health altogether has what has held him back from realizing ceiling he was a èxplosive center who could pick corners off the rush, one time it, dangle or make tape to tape passes to anyone but the 2nd high ankle sprain than the neck oinjury took that away I feel like fantilli has that potential to be a 90 point power center who produces and provides great defense Carlsson however has physical gifts as well as a high iq with good defensive instincts a potential barkov/pettersson hybrid I take both those guys over kaprizov or panarin only slightly but I take kucherov above both those which is where I have michkov and these are in terms where I use them as comparables for where I rank them against eachother in terms of prospects demidov would be a great no.2 or 3 puck but the others have 1.oa qualities
Compare their rookie seasons to Eichel. Not even close. Both have a long way to reach Eichel.

Reactions: Baksfamous112

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You mean a winger who in his not very good season still was on 100+ point pace vs a PPG center? I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
Pretty sure if his last name was Kennedy instead of Kaprizov you’d agree with me. Eichel had 26 points in 22 playoff games, 1C-ing his team to a Cup win. Kaprizov isn’t that caliber of player yet.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pretty sure if his last name was Kennedy instead of Kaprizov you’d agree with me. Eichel had 26 points in 22 playoff games, 1C-ing his team to a Cup win. Kaprizov isn’t that caliber of player yet.

Healthy Kaprizov scored 7 goals in 6 games in playoffs in the season Wild made playoffs with minus $14M penalty to salary cap. Put Eichel on the Wild and then watch how many points he'll get in playoffs...

And when it comes to the regular it's not even remotely close.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
They had shorter seasons but their ppg were respectable
Carlsson: 0.52 ppg good for about 43 points over 82
Fantilli: 0.55 ppg 45 over 82
Eichel: 0.69 ppg sizable margin but he was getting more ice time than either one and got pp1 time right away on top of being a late birthday eichel had a better rookie year but not in a tier above besides rookie years aren't completely indictive of future success or failure on top of development not being linear but they are in the same ballpark as eichel

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Healthy Kaprizov scored 7 goals in 6 games in playoffs in the season Wild made playoffs with minus $14M penalty to salary cap. Put Eichel on the Wild and then watch how many points he'll get in playoffs...

And in his other two playoff campaigns he has 3 goals and 1 assist in 13 games. Kaprizov is a great talent, but I think most are taking the PPG 1C

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They had shorter seasons but their ppg were respectable
Carlsson: 0.52 ppg good for about 43 points over 82
Fantilli: 0.55 ppg 45 over 82
Eichel: 0.69 ppg sizable margin but he was getting more ice time than either one and got pp1 time right away on top of being a late birthday eichel had a better rookie year but not in a tier above besides rookie years aren't completely indictive of future success or failure on top of development not being linear but they are in the same ballpark as eichel
Carlsson and Fantilli are both late birthdays also.

They quite simply did not have similar rookie years. If you want to blame ice time and situations, okay, but Carlsson was given almost the same minutes Eichel was on a per game basis and was given strategic resting games, which undoubtedly saved energy and kept him fresh in a way it didn’t for others. Fantilli was basically PP1 (6th in PP minutes per game and that 6th stat includes Laine who played only 18 games). Carlsson got pretty decent PP time too (Ducks last year had no PP1/PP2. They split two even units).

Development isn’t linear, but the discussion is whether they are pacing the same way Eichel is. Based on year 1, they aren’t.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

And Eichel when healthy has paced for 90+ points each of the last few years while dominating in all 3 zones.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
And in his other two playoff campaigns he has 3 goals and 1 assist in 13 games. Kaprizov is a great talent, but I think most are taking the PPG 1C

Tell me how great Eichel was in playoffs on Buffalo...

And Eichel when healthy has paced for 90+ points each of the last few years while dominating in all 3 zones.

Still Kaprizov in his 2nd best season scored 14 points more than Eichel in his best season. I don't even say about Kaprizov's best season...

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Demidov is two tiers down. Michkov is also a tier down from Fantilli.
Michkov has much better iq and vision even though fantilli has incredible physical gifts with size speed and his shot but michkov is an insanely talented creator and much more creative I see him as a higher end producer and line driver because his iq is insane

Reactions: MrGuyPerson

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Interesting . I didn’t think he had been bad by any means but didn’t realize to the extend his d game had grown . Where would he rank league wide for centres defensively you recon ? Genuinely asking as I respect your opinion/ I like that you have no issues stating your perspective even if it’s not popular one

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
There is no universe where I would want Michkov on my team over Fantilli or Carlsson. That’s just absurd. Not many players in their D+1 were able to produce at a 0.5 PPG or better.

Even this year I don’t expect Fantilli or Carlsson to be anywhere near a PPG. A good season would be 58-65 points. That’s why I keep laughing at the Michkov fanboys thinking he’ll come in at near a PPG pace

Interesting . I didn’t think he had been bad by any means but didn’t realize to the extend his d game had grown . Where would he rank league wide for centres defensively you recon ? Genuinely asking as I respect your opinion/ I like that you have no issues stating your opinion even if it’s not popular one
Should be in the 10-20 range easily defensively. He’s been very, very good

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
There is no universe where I would want Michkov on my team over Fantilli or Carlsson. That’s just absurd. Not many players in their D+1 were able to produce at a 0.5 PPG or better.

Even this year I don’t expect Fantilli or Carlsson to be anywhere near a PPG. A good season would be 58-65 points. That’s why I keep laughing at the Michkov fanboys thinking he’ll come in at near a PPG pace

If I was you, I'd already start to prepare explanations why you were so wrong about Michkov in the past...

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Interesting . I didn’t think he had been bad by any means but didn’t realize to the extend his d game had grown . Where would he rank league wide for centres defensively you recon ? Genuinely asking as I respect your opinion/ I like that you have no issues stating your perspective even if it’s not popular one
I'd say he's probably around top 10-15

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Who’s calling for ppg seasons right out of the gate . I think I’m one of the bigger supporters and I’d be thrilled w a 60 ish pt rookie season . The 100 plus projections I take as future seasons . Maybe I’m wrong in my understanding .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad