Matvei Michkov vs. Ivan Demidov; who will be better?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think you underrated the talent and potential of Ivan Demidov.

Michkov is a better goalscorer for sure.

But Demidov is better at playmaking, two-way and better hands too.

He isn't, Michkov is equally good goalscorer and playmaker. That's why he's so danegerous, he makes players around him better and always threat to score. Just compare Tyanulin's (top Sochi scorer) stats with and without Michkov, the difference is drastic.

Reactions: Sasso09

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
who cares whos better. shouldnt have this big thing between these players just because Habs passed on Michkov. reality is Demidov has nothing to do with Michkov
Habs fans and Philly fans should just be happy they both got incredibly talented prospects who will both be in the NHL before u know it
I was upset when they passed on Michkov because Habs haven’t had a top offensive prospect forever. But I am more than happy with Demidov. I hope Michkov can survive Tortorella.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
This poll is essentially "how many Habs fans are there on HFBoards."
I don’t think so. I think a lot of Habs fans consider Michkov with a higher offensive output upside, but you have a player that does more of everything with Demidov. Demidov is a great fit in Montreal.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Watched a ton of Michkov last season and wanted my team to draft him. He's such a talented player and I think he probably is the more productive player on average, but if I was starting a team I would take Demidov. I think it could be like a 100 pt player versus a 90 point player who is significantly bigger and stronger, has a far better 2 way game, better skater, and just generally a more desirable personality. This is purely a guess but I think if you were to ask this question to each NHL gm the poll would be heavily reversed. If anyone wants to, they can see them play together, I think even on the same line, against men in KHL preseason games from this past year

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
5v5 Demidov. PP Michkov.
5v5 michkov
5v4 michkov
5v3 michkov
4v4 michkov
4v3 michkov
3v3 michkov

This poll will end up being closed just like the last one, we're just trying to create a debate that doesn't exist. Demidov isn't close

Michkov will be the better goalscorer, but Demidov will be more complete than him. Better hands, better defensive play and better playmaking ability.

Both have superstar potential.
Michkov for sure has better hands and playmaking

i watched him play plenty of time last season. that's why my pick is demidov. AINEC.
You watched nothing, that's pretty clear

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Michkov is talked about like he's potentially the next superstar but he also has to get through a lot of hurdles to get there: overcoming his size and speed, his commitment to playing professional NA-style hockey, etc.

Demidov has fewer hurdles. I love Michkov as a prosect and will follow him very closely. I don't think we can predict where he or Demidov end up until we see them on NHL ice. We'll know with Michkov soon.
Size and speed?

They're pretty much the same speed and size

Michkov was measured at 5'11" 183
Demidov "6'0"" even though he looks at least 3 inches shorter than Levshunov, 190

Michkov is the better overall skater as well, elite edges, Demidov is more explosive and quicker first step but very poor mechanics.

Neither player has any hurdles

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Michkov for sure has better hands and playmaking

Michkov isn't a better playmaker than Demidov.

In MHL at age 15 and 16 years both stats from both:

Michkov got 39 assists in 84 games. 0,46 per game.

Demidov got 56 assists in 69 games. That's 0,81 per game.

Where do you see Michkov is a better playmaker?!?!

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
The idea that he was on the same level as Bedard looks bad right now.
In his d+1 season. Michkov produced at a 0.87 ppg playing in the KHL, whereas Bedard produced at a 0.90 ppg playing in the NHL.
Doesn't look bad at all...

Michkov was
MHL is in the same tier of USHL. Demidov at 17 years old put 2 pts per game, Jack Hughes at 17 years old in USHL, put 2 pts per game, but... play with Boldy, Zegras and Caufield.

That's impressive.

View attachment 890012
MHL is FAR below USHL, it's closer to HS level. VHL is about even with USHL

Michkov isn't a better playmaker than Demidov.

In MHL at age 15 and 16 years both stats from both:

Michkov got 39 assists in 84 games. 0,46 per game.

Demidov got 56 assists in 69 games. That's 0,81 per game.

Where do you see Michkov is a better playmaker?!?!
Michkov is very easily the better playmaker, you're using Demidov age 16 vs Michkov 15, you're intentionally being dishonest

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Doesn't look bad at all...

Michkov was

MHL is FAR below USHL, it's closer to HS level. VHL is about even with USHL

Michkov is very easily the better playmaker, you're using Demidov age 16 vs Michkov 15, you're intentionally being dishonest

No no, that's the stats combined from 15 and 16 from both lol. So I'm not dishonest. Go to hockeydb and you will watch stats combined from both at age 15 and 16.

Reactions: danisonfire

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
The idea that he was on the same level as Bedard looks bad right now.
In his d+1 season. Michkov produced at a 0.87 ppg playing in the KHL, whereas Bedard produced at a 0.90 ppg playing in the NHL.
Doesn't look bad at all....

Michkov was 16th in the KHL in PPG
Bedard was 64th in the NHL in PPG

KHL top two scores were 89 and 74, NHL had 2 players over 140 and 9 over 100...

Michkov has been better than Bedard offensively at every age of development

No no, that's the stats combined from 15 and 16 from both lol. So I'm not dishonest. Go to hockeydb and you will watch stats combined from both at age 15 and 16.
Or go to Euro that actually has MHL stats listed and you'll know you're wrong

• Haha
Reactions: KevSkillz4

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Demidov at 15 in the MHL;

25GP 10G 8A 18P

Michkov at 15 in the MHL;
56GP 38G 18A 56P
1000011549.jpg
1000011547.jpg

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Doesn't look bad at all....

Michkov was 16th in the KHL in PPG
Bedard was 64th in the NHL in PPG

KHL top two scores were 89 and 74, NHL had 2 players over 140 and 9 over 100...

Michkov has been better than Bedard offensively at every age of development

Those ranks mean absolutely nothing.
Boucher and Weal are 3rd and 4th in ppg in the khl, and they both struggled to be regular NHL players.
All 63 NHL players ahead of Bedard in ppg would easily be ppg+ players in the KHL.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I choose Demidov, but not necessarily on talent only. Then the nod would go to Michkov. I have seen bad attitude from him to his teammates going all the way back to the U18s when he was only 16. I think this guy is a bad apple and will not put in the effort to reach his massive potential. Or to be a 200 foot player that will really help his team in more ways than just offensively.

Maybe I will be wrong. We will see.
You haven't seen bad attitude at all, you read it from a certain media outlet. Literally every teammate that was asked about that laughed it off, it's not a thing, never was.

Good. Now looks at 16 years old for both ;)
You just keep putting your foot in your mouth huh? Michkov was too good for the MHL at 16 and played in the KHL and put up a record .5 PPG for a 16 year old.

Come prepared brother. No tangible attribute or star is going to support Demidov

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
You just keep putting your foot in your mouth huh? Michkov was too good for the MHL at 16 and played in the KHL and put up a record .5 PPG for a 16 year old.

Come prepared brother. No tangible attribute or star is going to support Demidov

Michkov 16 years old put 30 goals, 21 assists in 28 games that's 1,82ppg and 0,75 assists per game.

Demidov 16 years old put 19 goals, 45 assists in 44 games. That's 1,45ppg and 1,02 assists per game.

Michkov "too good" at 16 years old in MHL. But Demidov put more assists and he far behind in talent from Michkov?!?!

1,82pgg and 1,45ppg that's a difference for sure. But Demidov have been also a really really good 16 years old at MHL loll

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Those ranks mean absolutely nothing.
Boucher and Weal are 3rd and 4th in ppg in the khl, and they both struggled to be regular NHL players.
All 63 NHL players ahead of Bedard in ppg would easily be ppg+ players in the KHL.
You can keep repeating this all you want, it still is going to mean nothing. The league is entirely different, some players play better in the K, some better in the N. One constant is that NHL is a much higher scoring league. Kucherov and Kaprizov instantly scored more in the NHL

Michkov 16 years old put 30 goals, 21 assists in 28 games that's 1,82ppg and 0,75 assists per game.

Demidov 16 years old put 19 goals, 45 assists in 44 games. That's 1,45ppg and 1,02 assists per game.

Michkov "too good" at 16 years old in MHL. But Demidov put more assists and he far behind in talent from Michkov?!?!

1,82pgg and 1,45ppg that's a difference for sure. But Demidov have been also a really really good 16 years old at MHL loll
You just self owned, but I'll dance on your grave

Michkov was full time KHL before he turned 17.

Demidov can't play with men, Michkov dominates Men

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
You just self owned, but I'll dance on your grave

Michkov was full time KHL before he turned 17.

Demidov can't play with men, Michkov dominates Men

Demidov can play with men lol. He just don't wanted to sign a extension. That's why he is on MHL and not KHL.

I'm pretty confident that he will put 35-40 pts in 45-50 games in KHL next year, if he play top 6 minutes lol.

Demidov is also a very very great talent, but you ignored that fact because you in love with Matvei Michkov lol.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Homer pick but I love everything I see and hear about Demidov. Sounds like he has Kobe mentality too. I'm going Demidov overall but they will both be elite
Michkov has intense drive to win
"He's a selfish bad teammate with attitude"

Demidov exhibits same traits
"Kobe mentality "

I don’t think so. I think a lot of Habs fans consider Michkov with a higher offensive output upside, but you have a player that does more of everything with Demidov. Demidov is a great fit in Montreal.
What he's saying is, you'd have to be a homer Habs fan to vote for Demidov

And as great as Demidov is, it's fact

Reactions: carouselofgoalies

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Size and speed?

They're pretty much the same speed and size

Michkov was measured at 5'11" 183
Demidov "6'0"" even though he looks at least 3 inches shorter than Levshunov, 190

Michkov is the better overall skater as well, elite edges, Demidov is more explosive and quicker first step but very poor mechanics.

Neither player has any hurdles
Simmer down. It’s not a dick measuring contest between fan bases comparing Pokémon. It’s a discussion about prospects and their profile. Michkov’s own organization in Russia felt he wasn’t quick enough for their tastes.

Now, does it ultimately affect which player will succeed in the NHL? Yes, but only to an extent. We can only hope they both succeed and we get to enjoy their talents for years to come.

I wouldn’t bet against Michkov’s high end tools though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad