Matvei Michkov vs. Ivan Demidov; who will be better?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think you underrated the talent and potential of Ivan Demidov.

Michkov is a better goalscorer for sure.

But Demidov is better at playmaking, two-way and better hands too.

He isn't, Michkov is equally good goalscorer and playmaker. That's why he's so danegerous, he makes players around him better and always threat to score. Just compare Tyanulin's (top Sochi scorer) stats with and without Michkov, the difference is drastic.

Demigod Gloves

Oct 1, 2017
Both will be superstars imo, slight advantage to Michkov since he will prob score more goals, habs could have ended with both, at least we got one.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
who cares whos better. shouldnt have this big thing between these players just because Habs passed on Michkov. reality is Demidov has nothing to do with Michkov
Habs fans and Philly fans should just be happy they both got incredibly talented prospects who will both be in the NHL before u know it
I was upset when they passed on Michkov because Habs haven’t had a top offensive prospect forever. But I am more than happy with Demidov. I hope Michkov can survive Tortorella.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
This poll is essentially "how many Habs fans are there on HFBoards."
I don’t think so. I think a lot of Habs fans consider Michkov with a higher offensive output upside, but you have a player that does more of everything with Demidov. Demidov is a great fit in Montreal.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Watched a ton of Michkov last season and wanted my team to draft him. He's such a talented player and I think he probably is the more productive player on average, but if I was starting a team I would take Demidov. I think it could be like a 100 pt player versus a 90 point player who is significantly bigger and stronger, has a far better 2 way game, better skater, and just generally a more desirable personality. This is purely a guess but I think if you were to ask this question to each NHL gm the poll would be heavily reversed. If anyone wants to, they can see them play together, I think even on the same line, against men in KHL preseason games from this past year

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
He isn't, Michkov is equally good goalscorer and playmaker. That's why he's so danegerous, he makes players around him better and always threat to score. Just compare Tyanulin's (top Sochi scorer) stats with and without Michkov, the difference is drastic.

Michkov is better offensively, shooting and playmaking, that much is 100% sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad