Value of: Matthew Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Brady's skating is better than Mathew and at somepoint that will be the difference between the two.
it could help make him a far better defensive player, but, goal scoring is a natural ability, either you have it or you dont, it's not something that can typically be learned.
i'm not saying Brady will never hit 30 goals, i do kinda expect at least 1 30 goal season from him, but, he'll more than likely be a mid 20's guy who can play in all situations.

He may end up the better 'overall' player though, if he isnt that already.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Depends what his dad says.

IMG_2076-1024x594.jpg

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
it could help make him a far better defensive player, but, goal scoring is a natural ability, either you have it or you dont, it's not something that can typically be learned.
i'm not saying Brady will never hit 30 goals, i do kinda expect at least 1 30 goal season from him, but, he'll more than likely be a mid 20's guy who can play in all situations.

He may end up the better 'overall' player though, if he isnt that already.
Maybe, he isn't better already for a certainty. But he has much better feet than Matthew. From the hashmarks in though Matthew is so dangerous. Brady is better at back pressure, but Matthew is better at getting pucks out. If Matthew could skate even a little bit he would be an elite winger. He's literally a worse skater than half the roster on your average beer league team though.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He shouldn't get 10. His current QO is even arguably over payment. 8-8.5 is fair value for what he brings. Can provide legitimate top line offence and plays a physical game but also kinda reckless. He just doesn't score enough for that 10M+ contract.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
QO have changed, now can be 85% of 9 million, or something along those lines.
Or maybe it’s percentage of the AAV, not just the last year.
Point is it’s less than 9.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You sure on that? The primary reason I've wanted to trade Matthew is that QO. I really don't want to be giving 9M with term or walking him to UFA with QOs.

Ledge And Dairy

Only contracts signed after the CBA chance can do the 120% of the aav QO's, which would work out to 8.4M QO.

I think you are more likely thinking of first window team arbitration where it allows a team to avoid a QO without loosing player rights (however they are still able to sign an OS, unlike player arbitration), if the team and player cant come to an agreed contract before the arbitration meeting then the arbitrator can award anything of 85% of the players previous years salary or more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad