Value of: Matthew Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I feel as though it won't be less than 9. That's his qualifying offer and it may even be slightly higher.

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
If it is less than $10M per year I'm not mad. Unfortunately I'm afraid it'll be more than that

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Flames probably file for arbitration to avoid the QO
You think that will make it better? Just about to turn 24 years old, 6th highest in LW scoring, since entering the league and top 10 on RW. If it's less than 9, it's only for a year.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
If it is less than $10M per year I'm not mad. Unfortunately I'm afraid it'll be more than that
If was putting up over a ppg then ten million would be fair. It's an overpayment at his current protection.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
Flames probably file for arbitration to avoid the QO

After rereading the arbitration rules in the CBA, I was mistaken on arbitration rules from my original post.

Regardless, are the Flames content to let him get a one year contract through arbitration to take him straight to UFA?

Last edited:
Reactions: Seattlebjprice

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I'd guess 8 x $9M or $9.5M. Somewhere in there. I do think there's a number that convinces him to commit to term, but he's going to make sure he gets every penny. Tkachuks don't take discounts. Generational negotiators. They're mostly worth all that money, though.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
This offseason is going to be miserable for Flames fans, Gaudreau, Chucky, Kylington, Mangiapane all need raises/big raises. Oh yeah, we also don't have that much cap room.

What ever he gets, hopefully him and Johnny get matching 8 year contracts, somewhere between 8.5-9.5 (inb4 9).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad