Player Discussion Matt Rempe - See Mod Note Post 769

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Do you guys think he actually learned anything valuable from Laraque or was that more of a publicity thing ?

The clip showing Matthew throwing upper cuts for about 15 seconds. Laraque said it went a lot further than bat. He had Rempe and Tyrel Bauer for 3 full days and they went over a lot more and he actually had to fight Rempe over and over again. Laraque has actually claimed for some time he never went home during the offseason to bang heavy bags or any of the boxing shit that other fighters of his day and even today will do. He was entirely preoccupied with his core strength and when you look at his fights they invariably show him overpowering his opponents---then freeing his left hand and then pounding the crap out of them. It worked really well for him. That said he's much shorter than Rempe and without nearly his reach so he tailored Matthew's instruction on using what advantages of size and reach he has. We'll see I guess but I expect him to fight smarter this year.

Apart from that apparently he did a lot of power skating and just skating in general over the summer. From when we drafted him he'd already made a lot of progress up until last season. There's no reason he's not going to be better.....he seems to have both motivation and work ethic. Do I expect all of his awkward moments to be over? Probably not but I kind of do expect he will be better and that the Rangers are monitoring him even closer than they have before. He's also spent quite a lot of time with Kreider and Chris's work habits have always been outstanding.

I'll note this those people who suggest that too many slugouts like Matthew had with Deslauriers and he'll have a short career. That's true....he needs to use his size and reach but I'd also note that Deslauriers is probably not going to fight him like that again or his career might not last that much longer either. Just from an outside observation he looked a lot worse afterwards than Rempe did. Olivier the next night was the one that really raised concern more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad