Value of: Matt Dumba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
We like him, and we're pretty miffed that the ED and stagnant cap are forcing our hand with him.

The ask would be either a comparable center, or probably a 1st + pretty good prospect (preferably center and how good would depend on where the 1st ends up) + 1 year of salary dump back.

So, I don't know about the Oilers in particular. 2021 1st + maybe Lavoie + cap? Neal would be your cap dump but that 2nd year would probably be a deal breaker. I'm guessing Holloway is off the table.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I was informed it could be anywhere between 19-22 this year so..

2021 1st + Lavoie + Koskinen? Koski only has one year left at 4.5 instead of James Neal at 5.75 for 2.

Yeah you won't find many Oil faithful eager to move Holloway.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I was informed it could be anywhere between 19-22 this year so..

2021 1st + Lavoie + Koskinen? Koski only has one year left at 4.5 instead of James Neal at 5.75 for 2.

Maybe. I have no idea if Lavoie is a center and Koskinen wouldn't be in the NHL with us, but I think it could be a framework. Can the Oilers take Dumba before expansion?

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Maybe. I have no idea if Lavoie is a center and Koskinen wouldn't be in the NHL with us, but I think it could be a framework. Can the Oilers take Dumba before expansion?
I'm pretty sure Lavoie plays both C/RW and is a pretty solidly built kid.

I'm honestly not overly informed with the ED and cap nuances either so I dunno. I think so? Lol.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

He was projected as a winger back in 2019, though I don't know how the Oilers deployed him in Bakersfield. Closest Wild comp I can think of is something like Nino. I would be very happy to get him and EDM 1st back for Dumba. RH guy that can shoot the puck. I wanted him with our second, but obviously he went just a few picks before we had the chance.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He was projected as a winger back in 2019, though I don't know how the Oilers deployed him in Bakersfield. Closest Wild comp I can think of is something like Nino.

6'4" right-handed possible center but maybe just a Nino isn't the worst I guess.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure Lavoie plays both C/RW and is a pretty solidly built kid.

I'm honestly not overly informed with the ED and cap nuances either so I dunno. I think so? Lol.
Oilers would protect nurse. Larsson and Barrie are ufa. Klefbom would be protected if he was for sure to return from shoulder injury but unknown status. Russell, Bear and Jones the other D. Bouchard is exempt.

I would say that Edm could do it.

but I think Minny can do 4-4-1 if Parise waives and Minny protects Zuc, Ek, Fiala and Geeenway up front and Suter, Brodin and Sourgeon on D.

lose whoever else

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Oilers would protect nurse. Larsson and Barrie are ufa. Klefbom would be protected if he was for sure to return from shoulder injury but unknown status. Russell, Bear and Jones the other D. Bouchard is exempt.

but I think Minny can do 4-4-1 if Parise waives and Minny protects Zuc, Ek, Fiala and Geeenway up front and Suter, Brodin and Sourgeon on D.

lose whoever else

If Oilers could protect Dumba no problem, it seems like it could work. He could still help insulate Bouchard for a couple years, and it sounds like Barrie is going to test the market at the very least, so Dumba could help offset that potential loss.

The only concern I'd think for Edmonton would be fitting the 6M for the next two years?

Minnesota would probably prefer to do 7-3-1 to keep Greenway-Ek-Foligno together, which they could do if Dumba was traded prior to the ED.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

lose whoever else

We still run into cap issues the year after that probably costs us Dumba in a trade, probably just for futures anyways.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
If Oilers could protect Dumba no problem, it seems like it could work. He could still help insulate Bouchard for a couple years, and it sounds like Barrie is going to test the market at the very least, so Dumba could help offset that potential loss.

The only concern I'd think for Edmonton would be fitting the 6M for the next two years?

Minnesota would probably prefer to do 7-3-1 to keep Greenway-Ek-Foligno together, which they could do if Dumba was traded prior to the ED.
Well there's high hopes that Edmonton can offer something to Dougie Hamilton if he makes it to market so I feel like 6 mill for a couple years should be okay.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
This is interesting discussion. And, started by an Oiler fan, no less.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I've seen some folks talk about Dumba moving and am just wondering what Wild fans think of him and what a reasonable return might look like.

Would not trade a first and top prospect for him Tuch has exposed him more than once in this series....I think his play has dropped off ....

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would not trade a first and top prospect for him Tuch has exposed him more than once in this series....I think his play has dropped off ....
Tuch at full speed going unimpeded through the neutral zone will make a lot of DMen look foolish. To Dumba's credit though, he is leading MN Dmen in points, and did step up with a thunderous, totally clean, mid ice body check to Tuch in the last game. Tuch went noticeably quiet after that.

I think a trade with EDM depends on what Barrie does. Barrie is a better offensive Dman than Dumba, but Dumba is bigger, stronger, and better defensively, as you can see by the amount of SH minutes he plays. Being an ALTA boy, he would also be more inclined to stay in EDM long term than Barrie, though I am guessing here.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Tuch at full speed going unimpeded through the neutral zone will make a lot of DMen look foolish. To Dumba's credit though, he is leading MN Dmen in points, and did step up with a thunderous, totally clean, mid ice body check to Tuch in the last game. Tuch went noticeably quiet after that.

I think a trade with EDM depends on what Barrie does. Barrie is a better offensive Dman than Dumba, but Dumba is bigger, stronger, and better defensively, as you can see by the amount of SH minutes he plays. Being an ALTA boy, he would also be more inclined to stay in EDM long term than Barrie, though I am guessing here.
Aside from the goals, Dumba corking Tuch with that hit was the highlight of Game 6.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Lavoie is a winger (never played C for the Condors). He's super streaky... he'll score 9pts in 10 games (and 4pts in the last three playoff games) but go cold for a while. TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

You definitely see he has the size, skating, shot to be a top-6 winger. I don't know how the Oilers value him - because our forward pipeline is garbage except for him, Holloway, Savoie. We still have Samorukov, Broberg, Bouchard on D.

Oilers could possibly fit Dumba in before ED if Klefbom won't be protected (because of injury reasons). We'd probably lose Bear then.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Lavoie is a winger (never played C for the Condors). He's super streaky... he'll score 9pts in 10 games (and 4pts in the last three playoff games) but go cold for a while. TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

You definitely see he has the size, skating, shot to be a top-6 winger. I don't know how the Oilers value him - because our forward pipeline is garbage except for him, Holloway, Savoie. We still have Samorukov, Broberg, Bouchard on D.

Oilers could possibly fit Dumba in before ED if Klefbom won't be protected (because of injury reasons). We'd probably lose Bear then.
At that point if we're upgrading Bear to Dumba could Bear not be flipped for a forward, or maybe as a sweetener for someone to consider James Neal? I doubt anyone touches him, just spitballing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad