Value of: Matt Dumba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
We will throw in Tim Hortons for a month :sarcasm:

Copp+ for Dumba sure (might also sooner trade Copp for futures depends on our D prospects development) but zero chance the Jets give up a 22 yr old PLD. Some fans have zero patience, clearly PLD is injured this season. I’ll judge him after next season, after a full camp, no drama.

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
At that point if we're upgrading Bear to Dumba could Bear not be flipped for a forward, or maybe as a sweetener for someone to consider James Neal? I doubt anyone touches him, just spitballing.

Pre expansion it is hard because all teams are struggling with spots. Oilers could take a forward with no problems but at D we will lose a player because we have young cheap D in Bear, Jones, Lagesson.

Making these ED deals is stupid to me. Losing a single player is better than making weird trades to capture value back but losing two players in the end.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The incentive to do a deal pre ED is that the cost goes up afterwards, when a team like MN no longer has to " move or lose" a player.

The only reason that Dumba is on the block is because of the ED.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Pre expansion it is hard because all teams are struggling with spots. Oilers could take a forward with no problems but at D we will lose a player because we have young cheap D in Bear, Jones, Lagesson.

Making these ED deals is stupid to me. Losing a single player is better than making weird trades to capture value back but losing two players in the end.
I just think Bear becomes redundant if we nab Dumba. Losing him in a deal that sees James Neal go would be a massive win imo, which is why it's probably an impossibility.

I don't think losing one of Jones or Lagesson does anything to the team.

JP Flow

May 1, 2019
Out East
The incentive to do a deal pre ED is that the cost goes up afterwards, when a team like MN no longer has to " move or lose" a player.

The cost definitely goes up after expansion, because the market opens up to so many more teams and there is less motivation for a deal to get done, but I don’t think expansion is the only reason Dumba is on the block.

There’s too much money tied up in Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin, two enticing right-handed prospects ready for middle- and bottom-pairing duty, and a hole at center. I’d love to keep Dumba, but I think the surplus of talent on the back end makes it inevitable that he’s moved at some point, regardless of expansion.

Reactions: Spurgeon and 2Pair

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The cost definitely goes up after expansion, because the market opens up to so many more teams and there is less motivation for a deal to get done, but I don’t think expansion is the only reason Dumba is on the block.

There’s too much money tied up in Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin, two enticing right-handed prospects ready for middle- and bottom-pairing duty, and a hole at center. I’d love to keep Dumba, but I think the surplus of talent on the back end makes it inevitable that he’s moved at some point, regardless of expansion.
This is the correct answer. The cuts we'd have to make up front just to keep the defense intact aren't realistic. With Suter, Spurgeon and Brodin having NMC's and Dumba's no-trade clause kicking in this summer he almost has to go.

With how things have gone with Parise this year I do think it's pretty likely they just buy him out before the ED, though. If they do that I think protecting 4F/4D makes plenty of sense, so it shouldn't affect what they do with Dumba too much.

Reactions: JP Flow

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

And flat cap and he is the only top-4 without a NMC.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Depends on who the Devils are able to draft with their pick. If the manage to get one of Power Hughes Clarke then Id pass on Dumba but if we miss out then Id offer our Islanders 1st pick plus Boqvist. Hopefully the Bruins can knock off the Islanders so the pick stays at #20 ( finished in the 21st slot but Arizona pick defaults)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Depends on who the Devils are able to draft with their pick. If the manage to get one of Power Hughes Clarke then Id pass on Dumba but if we miss out then Id offer our Islanders 1st pick plus Boqvist. Hopefully the Bruins can knock off the Islanders so the pick stays at #20 ( finished in the 21st slot but Arizona pick defaults)

What else are you adding? Because a late 1st and a fourth liner isn't an appealing return.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Tuch at full speed going unimpeded through the neutral zone will make a lot of DMen look foolish. To Dumba's credit though, he is leading MN Dmen in points, and did step up with a thunderous, totally clean, mid ice body check to Tuch in the last game. Tuch went noticeably quiet after that.

I think a trade with EDM depends on what Barrie does. Barrie is a better offensive Dman than Dumba, but Dumba is bigger, stronger, and better defensively, as you can see by the amount of SH minutes he plays. Being an ALTA boy, he would also be more inclined to stay in EDM long term than Barrie, though I am guessing here.

It was a clean hit but thunderous that's overboard you want an example of thunderous look up Scott Stevens.....To me he's overrated imo especially the last couple of years....But agree rather him over Barrie

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Dubois has done nothing in Winnipeg.

Trade him while he still has any value please and thank you.

Right just like Wheeler earlier in the season when virtually everyone knew he was playing hurt and turned out he had broken ribs. PLD clearly is playing hurt, 41 games don’t change his previous 239 proven performances. I’ll judge him after next season when he had a full summer with the team, training camp, no drama and injury free.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Right just like Wheeler earlier in the season when virtually everyone knew he was playing hurt and turned out he had broken ribs. PLD clearly is playing hurt, 41 games don’t change his previous 239 proven performances. I’ll judge him after next season when he had a full summer with the team, training camp, no drama and injury free.

Has Dubois been playing hurt for the whole season too or are people making excuses for him. smfh
Dubois plays decent in Columbus but plays like ass in Winnipeg with better linemates. Makes sense.

I would rather have Dumba on our team than Dubois any day of the week

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Has Dubois been playing hurt for the whole season too or are people making excuses for him. smfh
Dubois plays decent in Columbus but plays like ass in Winnipeg with better linemates. Makes sense.

By a whole season you mean actually 41 games in the reg season this year for him on the Jets....plus COVID lock down, groin injury, drama with CBJ, trade and is 22 years old only......yeh ok. Thankfully Chevy knows better isn't trading PLD. 239 games is a much more accurate representation of his abilities then 41 reg season games.

JP Flow

May 1, 2019
Out East
This is the correct answer. The cuts we'd have to make up front just to keep the defense intact aren't realistic. With Suter, Spurgeon and Brodin having NMC's and Dumba's no-trade clause kicking in this summer he almost has to go.

With how things have gone with Parise this year I do think it's pretty likely they just buy him out before the ED, though. If they do that I think protecting 4F/4D makes plenty of sense, so it shouldn't affect what they do with Dumba too much.
Parise is a no-win situation. The buyout would hurt, but the alternatives aren’t much better. Take your medicine there, go 4-4, and then move Dumba when the market is open to more than the few teams who don’t have protection quandaries.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's possible, if Guerin can't make a trade for Dumba, that he goes 4 + 4, if he can get Parise to waive his NMC for the ED. Fiala, JEE, Zuccarello and Greenway would be protected, probably. If Parise won't waive, then he coulod be bought out, or Greenway might be traded rather than lose him for nothing,. I would think he would be a lot easier to trade than Dumba because of his far lesser cap hit and position, which is easier to protect than D for the ED.

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Wow what a clear and perfect example of recency bias warping someones opinion, no chance your team trades PLD for Dumba.

Reactions: Heldig

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think the best case scenario is a similar aged center with similar term from a team in a bad position. If Guerin can get Reinhart for Dumba, I’d call that a big win.

Reactions: JP Flow

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Aside from the goals, Dumba corking Tuch with that hit was the highlight of Game 6.
Dumba has a unique skill set among Wild d'men. He skates well, has a great shot coupled with good offensive instincts that have gotten better with time: but the physical element is unknown to the rest of the Wild D: Tuch got one recently, but he pasted Kane a good one, and others to be sure. He is worth every penny of his salary.

I think I'd like an NHL better with no Vegas or Seattle and the Wild with Tuch and Dumba.

Expansion didn't used to hurt this bad, especially when the Wild were harvesting the Stacy Roests, Aaron Gaveys, and Ladislav Benesyks of the NHL back in 2000.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad