Value of: Matt Dumba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Dumba has a unique skill set among Wild d'men. He skates well, has a great shot coupled with good offensive instincts that have gotten better with time: but the physical element is unknown to the rest of the Wild D: Tuch got one recently, but he pasted Kane a good one, and others to be sure. He is worth every penny of his salary.

I think I'd like an NHL better with no Vegas or Seattle and the Wild with Tuch and Dumba.

Expansion didn't used to hurt this bad, especially when the Wild were harvesting the Stacy Roests, Aaron Gaveys, and Ladislav Benesyks of the NHL back in 2000.
And with Brodin going down early tonight he and Suter were the guys that played almost 30 minutes. If we make it back in next year I think we're going to miss him badly.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
The ask would be either a comparable center, or probably a 1st + pretty good prospect (preferably center and how good would depend on where the 1st ends up) + 1 year of salary dump back.

Vancouver could use a guy like Dumba IMO but fitting in his salary would definitely be difficult. If the Canucks’ 1st was on the table could Loui Eriksson’s final year @ $6M be discussed in a trade? Not sure Minnesota would want that sort of cap dump though considering they probably hope to contend again next year.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Vancouver could use a guy like Dumba IMO but fitting in his salary would definitely be difficult. If the Canucks’ 1st was on the table could Loui Eriksson’s final year @ $6M be discussed in a trade? Not sure Minnesota would want that sort of cap dump though considering they probably hope to contend again next year.

No, absolutely not. Vancouver doesn't have a c prospect with a 1st they can give out either

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Depends on who the Devils are able to draft with their pick. If the manage to get one of Power Hughes Clarke then Id pass on Dumba but if we miss out then Id offer our Islanders 1st pick plus Boqvist. Hopefully the Bruins can knock off the Islanders so the pick stays at #20 ( finished in the 21st slot but Arizona pick defaults)
Any of those guys picked are most likely two yrs from playing. A year and a half at a minimum. We gotta keep Blackwood from being shell shocked next 2 so call it a place holder but we need to be better on D starting next yr
If you tell me that Palms and Zajac yields Dumba I take it

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would like to get Monahan for the Dumba.
If that trade was done pre ED then CAL would have trouble making it work at the ED. They'd have to expose Tanev and Giordano. Don't know if they are ready to do that. A

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
It's possible, if Guerin can't make a trade for Dumba, that he goes 4 + 4, if he can get Parise to waive his NMC for the ED. Fiala, JEE, Zuccarello and Greenway would be protected, probably. If Parise won't waive, then he coulod be bought out, or Greenway might be traded rather than lose him for nothing,. I would think he would be a lot easier to trade than Dumba because of his far lesser cap hit and position, which is easier to protect than D for the ED.

Zuc should waive no ones taking that deal

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anything is possible, but taking on the entire 6M cap hit is a BIG negative. A 1st is great(somewhere around 8-10?), but I am pretty sure that Guerin will be under a lot of pressure to get at least one top 6 C to center Kaprizov and/or Fiala.

Hmm, just saw that he is only making 4M, even though he is a 6M cap hit. He could be bought out for 2.6M....speaking of which, why doesn't VAN just buy him out?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Hmm, just saw that he is only making 4M, even though he is a 6M cap hit. He could be bought out for 2.6M....speaking of which, why doesn't VAN just buy him out?

His buyout cap hit would count $4M so $2M savings this year with a $1M penalty next. They most likely will end up buying him out but I was just curious about the possibility of shedding the entire $6M.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zuc should waive no ones taking that deal
Zuccarello was 21st in scoring overall among RW's, and 13th in PPG, making him a clear cut first line RW in the league. He would be snapped up by Seattle, who will have lots of Dmen to choose from, but very few legit top 6 players.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Dumba is exactly the type of defensemen we don't need, great player, but we have offensive guys on the blue line, we need more balance, Dumba doesn't provide that. No thanks.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we're taking back 5M in cap in a Dumba move, VAN 21 1st and Podkolzin is about what it would take to make it worth it. No point in trading Dumba if we're taking back Eriksson. Podkolzin isn't that great.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that Guerin, and teams in general, are going to find that moving 6M in cap is going to much harder than it used to be. Any money going out will pretty much have to be coming back.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Giving this a bump as I'm curious what his value would be in the event management decides they would rather keep Fiala this summer.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Giving this a bump as I'm curious what his value would be in the event management decides they would rather keep Fiala this summer.

One of our gm quote after naming him alternate captain is: to reassure him about his future in Minnesota. Guerin is very much in the same importance as spurgeon, kaprizov, foligno in not getting traded. More likely to be signed to extension

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad