GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We’ve never Marner-Nylander - could that be a line that takes over?

Knies-Matthews-Domi
Robbie-Nylander-Marner
McMann-Tavares-Jarnkrok

Worth a shot if Nylander is moving to C. Marner can get him the puck like no other and he has the shot to finish it, plus you get some of the defensive ability.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Chief’s not putting the cart ahead of the horse, Mathews will play with whoever the coach says he’ll play with…….
I would expect that.

For now, its Marner, much to the chagrin of many posters.

Reactions: rumman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I would expect that.

Remember, the players were running the team when it was happening in seasons before, so that must be the case now too, right?????????

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Remember, the players were running the team when it was happening in seasons before, so that must be the case now too, right?????????
Too soon to tell who is running things, just pointing out that 34 & 16 remain joined at the hip for the moment

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I would expect that.

If that is the best line for Matthews then that should be the line.
I expect that will be the same thing next year, regardless of their shortcomings in the post season. Who knows maybe a mature Knies can get this line over the finish line?

The make-up of lines 2 and 3, are where the interest lies.
These two lines probably determine the success of the team.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Given that it looks like Toronto wants to give Nylander an extended look at center, my ideal forward group to start the season would be following....

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Jarnkrok-Nylander-Domi
McMann-Tavares-Robertson
Pacioretty-Kampf-Grebenkin
Dewar / Holmberg / Reaves

That said, the obvious upgrade required is at 2LW, which I think comes via in season trade, with Jarnkrok and Robertson going the other way to make the money work. That also gives time for Grebenkin time to acclimate to the NHL before moving onto that 3rd line permanently. I'd like to end the season with...

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Addition-Nylander-Domi
McMann-Tavares-Grebenkin
Pacioretty-Kampf-Dewar
Holmberg / Reaves / Minten

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm trying to project some of the standings this year and wondering about possible acquisition pieces for the blue line later this year.

My top choice would be Marcus Pettersson and extend him.

Travis Sanheim is another option, he's played both LD/RD, he has term, he was nearly traded to the Blues and then had a strong season last year. They probably want to keep him but who knows.

Mackenzie Weegar is another guy I like but the decline could occur and Calgary seems to not want to do business with us.

Going to throw out an absolute wild one but what if Vegas sucks or has injuries that take them down? They're fairly cut throat there, I wonder if they would move on from Pietrangelo to keep Shea Theodore. That could be an off-season move, if they entertained it at all.

I think the Pens want to extend Pettersson.

So I guess we wait for the year to progress and see what names show up in Friedman's 32 thoughts.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Now what I want, but what I think will happen:

Traded: Robertson
Sent Down: Cowan
LTIR: Dewar
Signed: Pacioretty & Lorentz

Lines
Knies-Matthews-Marner
Domi-Nylander-Jarnkrok
Pacioretty-Tavares-McMann
Lorentz-Kampf-Reaves
Holmberg

Rielly-Tanev
OEL-McCabe
Benoit-Liljergren

Woll
Stolarz

I don't think they went through that whole song and dance + plus media campaign where everyone kept talking about "opportunity" for Robertson just to trade him now.

He'll be in the lineup game one imo

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't think they went through that whole song and dance + plus media campaign where everyone kept talking about "opportunity" for Robertson just to trade him now.

He'll be in the lineup game one imo

While I don't doubt it's a real possibility...I could totally see them trying to keep it business as usual to not devalue him in a trade.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
While I don't doubt it's a real possibility...I could totally see them trying to keep it business as usual to not devalue him in a trade.

Which I think he'll need real games played to up that trade value around the league, otherwise he was gone this summer when he asked for a trade

. There seems to be a gap at the moment between perceived value around the league and how the Leafs value him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad