Player Discussion Mason Lohrei

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The Bruins are playing Gryz (in the 1st pair) over Mason Lohrei. Why? Gryz was horrible last night. Coughed the puck up numerous times trying to be too cute.

I don't like 5'9" 1st pairing defenseman, unless you are Quinn Hughes. Gryz is not. He is a 3rd pair defenseman. He is not playing the correct role on the 1st pair with Charlie. I don't hate Gryz, I just think he is being put into the incorrect role. Monty is as stubborn as Clode was.

Mason was not in the lineup for the last 2 debacles. It's not on him.

Because he has a proven track record as a very effective player in the regular season, even on the top pair. Top 5 in +\- for all D over the last few years. Like it’s not even a debate in the regular season if he is a good player and can play top pair. He is just back from injury and getting his timing back.

Reactions: NDiesel
Feb 25, 2016
Is it a sign of the future that Mason Lohrei is sporting a low sweater number?

Attachments

• Mason1.jpeg
    Mason1.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
The slap shot from the point is a lost art.
I agree but its not lost, just way too many blocked shots now. And unless a quick 1T or an open lane to the net, many young players are just too apprehensive to be fully committed to the follow through, get it blocked, and not be in a position to go the other way. Thus the "safe" pass it on net stuff.

Reactions: wintersej

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
While he still needs to know when or when not to make a high risk play, he definitely has improved in that area. His risks in the defensive zone have toned down a lot from when he first came up. He is getting more trust from teammates as they look to pass to him more. His offensive instincts are very good and I think that is where he can excel. Also the players will start to instinctively know he likes to pinch in and he’ll definitely get his share of goals. He definitely brings another dynamic to the defensive corps

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
His obvious high offensive ceiling requires he stay in the lineup. As is he is better than the JAGs filling in for Forbert.
Does he get himself in trouble trying to transition to Offense, yes, but so has MacAvoy and Lindholm.
He is only going to get better.
The growth in his game over the last month shows, he can learn on the fly.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad