Horse Racing: MARYLAND MILLION DAY at Laurel (Oct. 12)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
since this year's edition of the breeders cup is being held in del mar i decided to check out all the races from 2017. irad ortiz wins with a horse that pays $130. instead of breaking his maiden at a msw race good magic does that by winning the juvenile. lots of good horses running and getting tired real early, seemingly like they didn't even train at all leading up to their races. or could be due to already long arduous campaigns and/or not taking to the track surface. wild stuff,
I had Good Magic that race. I played him in the Champagne but he placed in that loss. I stuck with him and he paid a handsome price in the BC. That event is ridiculously difficult especially when the Euros ship for turf.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
It seems Belmont (NY) is scheduled to begin its 2026 Fall meet on September 11, 2026. A Breeders' Cup bid to host in 2026 is in the plans. Saratoga hosting the 2026 Belmont Stakes is possible but the goal is for a return to Belmont. Construction in the property is ongoing.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
johnny v just popped another longshot for the same trainer over at keeneland. sighhh...
Victoria Oliver.

33-1 on Thursday. Those might be his only two rides for her at the meet and both were MSW winners. Her family is regal, daddy at one point was part owner in the baseball Cardinals and has an extensive lineage to racing and other endeavors.

A buddy, as Saratoga as the next racing enthusiast, went to Keeneland this past week for the first time. Not one spoken to hyperbole, he was mesmerized by every detail of the facility. He even made it to Frank & Dinos, Carlo Vaccarezza's restaurant. Lexington, KY is the heart of horse racing.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Thursday, October 10, 2024
  • Tampa Bay Downs: Initial reports that the track received minor damage and mostly on the backside related to the Hurricane. Racing surfaces escaped without any concerns. The track is closed to racing this time of year but other than some flooding issues, nothing extensive.
Belmont at Aqueduct (New York):
  • Race 8: Three-across-the wire and the winner helped produce a $153,000 $1 Pick 6.
Keeneland (Kentucky):
  • Big Boys Excel: Flavien Prat (races 8-9-10) and Tyler Gaffalione (races 4-5-6) both had natural hat tricks and Luis Saez (1-2) all had multiple winners. John Velazquez and Jose Ortiz rode the other winners.
  • John Velazquez has two winners at the meet (23 rides): 10-to-1 and 33-to-1 and both were MSW races for Victoria Oliver. She also has two wins at the meet though with only seven starters.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad