Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Speaking of my own viewing habits, I wonder how much of this is just about Disney+. I know longer get as excited to go out to the theater for every Marvel movie. but now if I miss say Dr. Strange I can just wait 2-3 months and see it on Disney+. This content overload may not be good for keeping up engagement at the box office but it's certainly good to promote a streaming service.

It definitely has to do a lot with D+

Because of it, Marvel can introduce us to a ton of new heroes without having to jam the movies with them. Which actually kind of might work well with Secret Wars since we might see a ton of cameos.

As you said, D+ is also a nice insurance policy if I can't get to the theatre to see a movie. I was stoked with Dr Strange MoM was available so quickly after it was released. I was willing to what for Thor L&T too but my wife shockingly said she'd go with me to the theatre as a date night.

But for the most part I can wait 2-ish months before I can see. The hardest part is avoiding spoilers and not being apart of the discussion for awhile here.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It definitely has to do a lot with D+

Because of it, Marvel can introduce us to a ton of new heroes without having to jam the movies with them. Which actually kind of might work well with Secret Wars since we might see a ton of cameos.

As you said, D+ is also a nice insurance policy if I can't get to the theatre to see a movie. I was stoked with Dr Strange MoM was available so quickly after it was released. I was willing to what for Thor L&T too but my wife shockingly said she'd go with me to the theatre as a date night.

But for the most part I can wait 2-ish months before I can see. The hardest part is avoiding spoilers and not being apart of the discussion for awhile here.
The fact that they offer iMax enhanced version on Disney+ is also a positive.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
John Campea finally revealed who were in the pic, wearing mo-cap suits, that got sent to him along with the 3 Spider-Men last year, that who had not appeared yet on film or tv. It was Tatiana Maslany with Charlie Cox.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Wait so Bill Murray is joining the MCU in the new Ant-Man and the Wasp movie as MODOK? Nice

1658946550129.png

Ok now another site says it's not MODOK that he is playing and that MODOK is being played by Corey Stoll who was Darren Cross in the first one.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I mean the concept, not the name
I mean it is a theory in physics so it is actually something that could exist. The idea of where does our universe end, what is beyond the know universe that we can see. Is the universe like a bubble and next to it is another universe etc. etc. They are all grand concepts that can mix physics and philosophy really. I like the idea that we have other versions of ourselves in other universes. I wish our lives were more than an imperceptible moment in time in the grand scheme of the age of the universe and that I could be around in a few thousand years to see what we have learned.

The concept of the multiverse arises in a few areas of physics (and philosophy), but the most prominent example comes from something called inflation theory. Inflation theory describes a hypothetical event that occurred when our universe was very young — less than a second old. In an incredibly brief amount of time, the universe underwent a period of rapid expansion, "inflating" to become many orders of magnitude larger than its previous size, according to NASA.

Inflation of our universe is thought to have ended about 14 billion years ago, said Heling Deng, a cosmologist at Arizona State University and an expert in multiverse theory. "However, inflation does not end everywhere at the same time," Deng told Live Science in an email. "It is possible that as inflation ends in some region, it continues in others."

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
I mean the concept, not the name

I respectfully disagree.

I mean it is a theory in physics so it is actually something that could exist. The idea of where does our universe end, what is beyond the know universe that we can see. Is the universe like a bubble and next to it is another universe etc. etc. They are all grand concepts that can mix physics and philosophy really. I like the idea that we have other versions of ourselves in other universes. I wish our lives were more than an imperceptible moment in time in the grand scheme of the age of the universe and that I could be around in a few thousand years to see what we have learned.

The concept of the multiverse arises in a few areas of physics (and philosophy), but the most prominent example comes from something called inflation theory. Inflation theory describes a hypothetical event that occurred when our universe was very young — less than a second old. In an incredibly brief amount of time, the universe underwent a period of rapid expansion, "inflating" to become many orders of magnitude larger than its previous size, according to NASA.

Inflation of our universe is thought to have ended about 14 billion years ago, said Heling Deng, a cosmologist at Arizona State University and an expert in multiverse theory. "However, inflation does not end everywhere at the same time," Deng told Live Science in an email. "It is possible that as inflation ends in some region, it continues in others."

11c2.gif

I love all of this. Could talk about it all day. I really like the MCU idea that you visit your other multiversal-selves while you're sleeping.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just watched The Gray Man, and while the movie wasn't great, Gosling brought a certain onscreen presence that really stood out

If/when Marvel introduces Sentry into the MCU, I think Gosling would be a good choice for the role

And if back in 2000, you had to bet which blond footballer from Remember The Titans would go on to become an A-List Hollywood hunk, would anyone have chosen option A over B?

A
imdb-2.jpg

B
16642c2b2d4b6645d353f397e0f5306c.jpg

Last edited:

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Just watched The Gray Man, and while the movie wasn't great, Gosling brought a certain onscreen presence that really stood out

If/when Marvel introduces Sentry into the MCU, I think Gosling would be a good choice for the role

And if back in 2000, you had to bet which blond footballer from Remember The Titans would go on to become an A-List Hollywood hunk, would anyone have chosen option A over B?

A
View attachment 573497

B
View attachment 573499
Lol the wife and I just rewatched this classic and we said the same thing, but I guess that's what happens when you decide to sell your soul to Hollywood

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Lol the wife and I just rewatched this classic and we said the same thing, but I guess that's what happens when you decide to sell your soul to Hollywood
I love remember the titans

A
View attachment 573497

B
View attachment 573499
I remember him from even further back in breaker high

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So Daredevil and Kingpin will have larger roles in the Echo show looks like

"Yep, Daredevil is in it for three episodes, as in Charlie Cox. Kingpin, Vinnie D’Onofrio is in four. The Kingpin storyline is building up to him running for mayor of New York City. Apparently, he’s going to be wearing an eye patch because he was shot in the head in Hawkeye… Daredevil is also going to be rocking a red and black suit and is looking for Jessica Jones."

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

A
View attachment 573497

B
View attachment 573499

A) was an absolute liability at cornerback.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I love remember the titans

I remember him from even further back in breaker high
I recall gosling on that breaker high show. If someone had told you one of the cast would become a Hollywood A list star a decade later not sure Anyone would have pegged any of the male actors.
Probably have gone with one of the female actors instead.
Gosling was pretty thin back then. And his voice isn’t deep. Guess it’s closer to a Reynolds type where you wonder how he’s going to handle mature 30 year old roles.
Obviously was completely wrong on that.

Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I would've pegged Tyler Labine as the one to breakout of Breaker High if I had to pick any of them. Maybe that's just because he, Gosling, and the boat were the only things memorable about that show

While I'm at it. I'm nominating Labine to play Walter Langkowski whenever they do Alpha Flight. or he can play Puck. Either one

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He’s got no range. Just the same “smarter than you and always in control” villain he’s been since BB.

Marvel villains usually aren’t complex so im sure he’ll fit like a glove
I was thinking that also, he might be great as a villain, all his best performances have been villains that I can remember.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Y'all need to watch 'Do the Right Thing' again. He's playing Gus Fring redux since BB because it's filling up his bank account and audiences are eating it up

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Olivia Wilde is working on a secret Marvel project which she confirmed in a Variety interview. It might be the rumored Spider Woman movie or something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad