Marner's Next Contract

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

When does Marner sign?

• Total voters

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Universally accepted except Marner was 1st team all star the last 2 years. GTFO

They are better hockey players. The majority of people without bias are taking Pasta or Kuch on there team 99% of the time. Are you telling me between the three of them your are taking Mitch first? Over one of the best goal scorers in the league, wait no make that two of the best goal scorers in the league with amazing playoff records?

Cripes.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
They are better hockey players. The majority of people without bias are taking Pasta or Kuch on there team 99% of the time. Are you telling me between the three of them your are taking Mitch first? Over one of the best goal scorers in the league, wait no make that two of the best goal scorers in the league with amazing playoff records?

Cripes.
Universally accepted apparently.

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
honest question ... who votes for the all star teams?

Every year after the regular season the Professional Hockey Writers Association votes for the best performers over the season at each position. The top two players at each position are named to the First and Second All-Star Teams

shoulda used google before i asked
even more reason to not take this all that seriously ...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
honest question ... who votes for the all star teams?

Every year after the regular season the Professional Hockey Writers Association votes for the best performers over the season at each position. The top two players at each position are named to the First and Second All-Star Teams

shoulda used google before i asked
even more reason to not take this all that seriously ...

Open question to all...

Kuch Marner Pasta

Who do you pick in order? Anyone reply.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Universally accepted except Marner was 1st team all star the last 2 years. GTFO
This completely ignores the most important hockey that is played - the playoffs. Maybe you don't care about playoff performance and that's fine, it's not a "universal" POV though.

Open question to all...

Kuch Marner Pasta

Who do you pick in order? Anyone reply.
I'll just say that they're on the same tier and leave at that. But if we're talking about who's played the best over say the last 5 years, then for me it's easily Kucherov.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
This completely ignores the most important hockey that is played - the playoffs. Maybe you don't care about playoff performance and that's fine, it's not a "universal" POV though.

I'll just say that they're on the same tier and leave at that. But if we're talking about who's played the best over say the last 5 years, then for me it's easily Kucherov.
...... Omg there is player so and so, he was a two time first team Allstar! Said nobody....

Stanley cups are what matter to 99.5%, that's universally known.

Reactions: freshwind

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Little known fact. Pastenak has zero stanley cups...or is it universally known?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Kucherov, Marner, Pastrnak.

Ideally, Marner gets the Pastrnak contract asap.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Nice player but no one is taking him over Marner.
I totally agree that he is a great player. One of the tops in the league even. I have no problem with people thinking he is better. I do have a problem on a Leaf forum with people pushing that he is superior to press an agenda to devalue one of the top players of the team to feed their vendetta,
Universally accepted until it is shown to be not universally accepted after which we need a poll to see what degree of universally accepted it is:laugh:

Good grief. At least it is less annoying than the idiots who stalk the forum and troll for responses. The ones that I dont bother with who can't seem to stop trying to get me to look and respond to their stupid comments or questions. Waste of time

Reactions: studebaker17

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Nice player but no one is taking him over Marner.
Just on the previous page, someone posted a link to an ESPN article with the results of a poll from a month ago, where NHL players and executives were asked among other things to rank the best wingers in the league. I guess you must have missed it because Pastrnak was picked as #1 while Marner was #4. There was also discussion on the broadcast the other night where they chose between some wingers including Pasta and Marner. I guess you missed that as well, you'd be surprised how that turned out.

Cliff notes- you couldn't be more wrong.

Some Leaf fans tend to massively overrate their players. Last year it Matthews is the best player in the world, now apparently he's not even as good as Marner who is the latest darling. But seriously though, I get picking Marner over Pasta because to me they're close and I've said many times that they're on the same tier and why not just leave it that. But to think that "no one" would pick Pasta over Marner is just mind boggling and shows a complete lack of understanding of what goes on in the NHL outside of Leaf Nation.

Check it out, you might learn something. Marner did get 2 first place votes, how do you think Pasta did? No one picked him, right?. Wrong. :laugh:
Pastrnak got six votes for first place and six for second place,.

Last edited:

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
This is a weird thread.. well how big itnis. I mean he is two years out.. but if he keeps scoring like he scores we all know it will be big. He will get a raise i dont see how that doesnt happen

This thread should be nylanders.. i would be interested in the debates over what he should be getting, his comparables etc..

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
This is a weird thread.. well how big itnis.
It's because this thread is from 5 years ago, about his previous contract, and for some reason, a bunch of years-old threads were recently allowed to be bumped for no reason and left open.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
It's because this thread is from 5 years ago, about his previous contract, and for some reason, a bunch of years-old threads were recently allowed to be bumped for no reason and left open.
Oh.. well that makes sense then

Still dont get it with 2 years out

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
It's not rocket science - he belongs around 11m, like Pasta. Pasta scores but Marner has more consistency to his game and can defend well, so it's pretty even.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Oh.. well that makes sense then
Still dont get it with 2 years out
Yeah, it's pretty silly to be discussing this so far out.
He still has over a year's sample to play before he's even allowed to sign.
Mods probably should have locked these threads that were bumped from 2018 and 2019, that we already had existing threads for.

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
i think the reason all this is being bandied about is all 3 amigos have ntc's that kick in july 1 .... and i for 1 would not want to see any of them walk as a ufa..
if the gm is not thinking 1, 2, 3 years down the road and considering all options they can run in to issues...
no one saw covid coming and we gave out the bigger deals right before it and have had challenges filling out the roster in the flat cap era which probably would not be as bad if we had seen the increases projected...as i have said, i want to keep them all BUT i think they need to have the conversation with all 3 at the end of the season, see where there heads are at .. if they do not have a deal agreed to by the draft for the 1st 2 then the decision is to ride it out and hope for the best .. not ideal in my opinion - hence the talk of trading one of them ... and that seems to be drawing out emotional and/or passionate responses from folks

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad