Player Discussion Marner

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
You bet and nobody here can take these nights away from the guy. We all know he is good but man, 30m into JT MM and MR is a pretty large red flag.

agreed the cap distribution isn't good and when our stars do not perform in the playoffs at a high clip it makes it hard to justify. I think there is common ground between both sides on that. I'll admit at this point I'm torn. Part of me says maybe letting him go and reallocating the money might be good, part of me says letting him go is a big mistake. But we have to try something different if they fail to make an impact in the playoffs this year.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It clearly does.
It clearly doesn't. Your whole argument was about what Ferris said, but instead of actually looking at what Ferris said, you found an article that says something that Ferris didn't say, and then you have taken the claim in that article that is contrary to Ferris' actual words and twisted it further to suggest something that absolutely nobody has ever said. It's like you're trying to play a bad game of broken telephone when the actual words are right in front of you.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
agreed the cap distribution isn't good and when our stars do not perform in the playoffs at a high clip it makes it hard to justify. I think there is common ground between both sides on that. I'll admit at this point I'm torn. Part of me says maybe letting him go and reallocating the money might be good, part of me says letting him go is a big mistake. But we have to try something different if they fail to make an impact in the playoffs this year.
Some of us got to this point years ago.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Some of us got to this point years ago.

Fair, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with wanting to believe in the core as well as a fan. Sometimes optimism is good.

I’ve been guilty of telling the other side they are wrong which I’m going to make an effort to stop doing. But both sides can be validated in their views.

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

He's still not doing the things that win hockey games.

He just wants to be an east/west perimeter orientated passer. Hasn't driven to the net all year, doesn't shoot enough, doesn't shoot on wide open nets. He overcomplicates everything on the ice.

He looks to have lost some speed as well over the years.

Its blatantly obvious he needs to go, especially with this new coach, its getting comical at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Fair, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with wanting to believe in the core as well as a fan. Sometimes optimism is good.

I’ve been guilty of telling the other side they are wrong which I’m going to make an effort to stop doing. But both sides can be validated in their views.
Yes you can always argue both sides, and this place would be so much better if people had a little more respect for differing opinions. In any case, we have now locked in 3 of our "stars" so moving on from Marner is the only major move that can be made. I think they'll resign him though and keep doing what they've been doing, I guess you never know though. We'll see.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Former Leafs Defenseman Blames Mitch Marner for Power Play Struggles​

1730038445615.png

As Carlo Colaiacovo points out, however, with a wide-open cage, Swayman completely out of position, and the defender not in-line to block the shot, Marner opted to pass it off instead of putting the puck in the wide open cage. While he collected 3 assists in the game to give him a team-high 10 points on the year, it's situations like this that drive the city and its fan base nuts.

1730038542398.png

With a struggling power play, simplification is of the utmost importance, but the Leafs seem more content with whipping passes around then firing shots towards the net. With the likes of Marner, Auston Matthews, William Nylander, John Tavares, and Morgan Rielly among others, it's unacceptable to have just 3 power play goals to start the year and 10 goals in their last 35 regular season contests, going back to February 27th.

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad