Player Discussion Marner

Jun 27, 2005
I literally work a full time job and still post here as much as I do. What are you golfing for 12 hours a day? None of your bullshit adds up.
I almost took that post seriously. I hope you're proud that you posted 16,000 times to a Leafs forum in 7 years because I'm a bit embarrassed that I've wasted the time to post 3100 times in almost 20 years.

This is getting boring. I repeat:

You ignored my questions, yet you keep expecting me to answer yours while also putting up with your insults. Why can't you discuss things without making personal insults? How is fair that you keep peppering me with insults and asking me questions when you refuse to answer my questions?
I answered your question with a paragraph, you of course ignored everything, just as predicted. What's wrong with you?

Jun 27, 2005
You did not answer my questions. Will you ever stop lying?

Marner is a fantastic player during the regular season but in the playoffs, he's much less effective.

Do you disagree with this statement?
Is this different from what you see when you watch him play?

Everyone on the Leafs is less effective in the playoffs because the rules change.
Marner is usually very good defensively in the playoffs and the numbers confirm that.
The entire team is bad offensively in the playoffs especially the PP.
Has Marner had some disappointing series, of course, but so has everyone else on the team yet haters like you ignore that.

Last edited:

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Everyone on the Leafs is less effective in the playoffs because the rules change.
Marner is usually very good defensively in the playoffs and the numbers confirm that.
Has Marner had some disappointing series, of course, but so has everyone else on the team yet haters like you ignore that.
I though golf was a good way to relieve stress and relax..I guess not..lighten up

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You're wrong. Historically, playoff scoring is about 4-5% less than in the regular season. Marner's drops off more than any of our other stars. JT's number are awful as well, Matthews isn't great either but Nylander's been great. You like numbers so much, here are their numbers over the last 5 seasons (posted by someone else but I have no reason to believe that the math isn't correct):

Marner: 24% less points per game in the playoffs
Nylander: 2% less points per game in the playoffs

Conslusion - you dismissing criticism of Marner with "the entire team is bad" is lame. Not everyone on our team drops off, Marner though has been pretty bad.

Now do you remember this insulting post you made?

Aren't you supposed to be a DB admin or something?
Shouldn't you be able to understand basic numbers?
It's a pretty lame job but at least you can post your nonsense ignoring reality all day long.

This was my answer to you, are you ever going to answer my question?

I have never been a DB admin so I would never have posted that. Makes one wonder what else you're "pretty sure" about that's completely wrong. BTW, what makes you say that it's a lame job? I've worked with ORACLE DBA's and UNIX DBA's myself, both jobs seem quite demanding, both are very important and the people I've worked with in those positions have been very capable people. I dunno man, your assessment seems pretty lame to me.

IMO, there is no such thing as a lame job. If you do honest work for honest pay, there's nothing wrong with that no matter what job you do. Putting people down based on the kind of work they do makes you seem like rather pompous and full of yourself. JMHO.

Jun 27, 2005
You're wrong. Historically, playoff scoring is about 4-5% less than in the regular season. Marner's drops off more than any of our other stars. JT's number are awful as well, Matthews isn't great either but Nylander's been great. You like numbers so much, here are their numbers over the last 5 seasons (posted by someone else but I have no reason to believe that the math isn't correct):

Marner: 24% less points per game in the playoffs
Nylander: 2% less points per game in the playoffs

Conslusion - you dismissing criticism of Marner with "the entire team is bad" is lame. Not everyone on our team drops off, Marner though has been pretty bad.

Now do you remember this insulting post you made?

Aren't you supposed to be a DB admin or something?
Shouldn't you be able to understand basic numbers?
It's a pretty lame job but at least you can post your nonsense ignoring reality all day long.

This was my answer to you, are you ever going to answer my question?

I have never been a DB admin so I would never have posted that. Makes one wonder what else you're "pretty sure" about that's completely wrong. BTW, what makes you say that it's a lame job? I've worked with ORACLE DBA's and UNIX DBA's myself, both jobs seem quite demanding, both are very important and the people I've worked with in those positions have been very capable people. I dunno man, your assessment seems pretty lame to me.

IMO, there is no such thing as a lame job. If you do honest work for honest pay, there's nothing wrong with that no matter what job you do. Putting people down based on the kind of work they do makes you seem like rather pompous and full of yourself. JMHO.
Wow, once again, you ignored all the defensive stuff. It doesn't matter f Nylander scores more if he's giving up even more goals against. I've repeated that so many times yet once again you ignored the defensive end and only mention points.

I'm resigned to the fact that you just don't care about defensive play or defensive stats and the only tool in your tool box is points and you'll just ignore everything else.

As to the DB admin stuff. First, ORACLE DBA's is a thing because Oracle is a DB. UNIX DBA's is a thing but not in this context because UNIX is not a DB. You can be a UNIX ORACLE DBA but the way you wrote it shows a clear lack of understanding or just bad writing.

I know lots of DBA's. If you don't understand the difference between working ON a DB for a company like Oracle as opposed to working WITH a DB at a large bank or airline then you wouldn't understand my perspective.

The fact that your name is reference to an early 80's player indicates that you are over 50 give or take, I'm going with 57(±4). If you're that old and "work with data" and have all day to post from work, I predict with some certainty that you missed out on the tech glory days and didn't get any shares. Maybe you should have been in school learning to engineer things instead of being a "semi-professional" gambler.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
We're talking about haters whining for years. I've followed what the haters have said. What my posting on GDT threads has to with you guys whining I have no clue. During golf season I'm golfing 5 times a week. I don't have the time or the interest in posting ALL DAY LONG about your whining.

Why do you people NEVER and I mean NEVER ever respond the the actual stats that I post? Once again, the haters become very predictable.
Ive responded to Marner having most points many times. Ive posted all the goals numerous times and spent hrs disecting plays. Marner fans go LULZ and dont want to discuss. So im glad you are willing to right now.

1) Who is the play driver on these points Marner has? Answer, not Marner. If Marner was actually play driving as much as his linemates then their stats wouldnt look so pathetic.

Here are all the Leafs playoff goals from 2023, Marners most productive postseason.

Which goals was Marner the play driver?

Last playoffs, he had 1 goal, 3 points in 7 games. Cant produce when he doesnt have his elite linemates making the critical play that leads to goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad